Storing your Soul

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Alex

I've heard from someone, that storing your soul, will result in, an Object that's your greatest strenght, aswel as your
greatest weakness...

I have a few questions about that matter, i'd really like to know:

1. What's the risk of storing your soul into an object?...i mean i know, that it musen't be damaged or stolen(or even entirely destroyed), but what are the remaing risks, if i would assume it doesn't get damaged or stolen?

2. What affect will it have on my body and/or brain

3. What exactly wil happen, if i lose the item or if it gets damaged or destroyed?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: Ajivani

Well, do you think your soul does anything? If you think your soul provides some sort of function, then losing it would mean losing access to that function if you didn't put in means to telepsychically/telemagickally access that function.

Storing it may destroy it. Storing it and it gets destroyed (a la HP's Horcruxes) is a possibility. Might it reincarnate without you? Do you need to have a soul at all?

Myself, I'd not store it somewhere because any enchantment meant to bind it is potentially visible and breakable, making the soul stealable. Why are you wanting to store your soul somewhere, anyway? Planning on turning yourself into a mummy?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: Raziel.AE

Sounds like someone wants to become a lich :rolleyes:

But yeah whatever Ajivani said (if you are able to do it at all that is...)

btw That would be a nice way to become an emotionally detached psychopath :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: Blind Lapis

Yeah Raziel sounds right.
It reminds me of the lich's phylactery from DnD.
Basically, in the game, if you have the lich's phylactery, you control it, and they are great magical items to ahve, but very hard to get.
They must be created from soemthing that won't rot or decay, such as jewels or gold.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: I.N.R.I.

[QUOTE=Alex;339737]
1. What's the risk of storing your soul into an object?...i mean i know, that it musen't be damaged or stolen(or even entirely destroyed), but what are the remaing risks, if i would assume it doesn't get damaged or stolen?

2. What affect will it have on my body and/or brain

3. What exactly wil happen, if i lose the item or if it gets damaged or destroyed?[/QUOTE]

1. Common sense tells me "Pretty god damn dangerous."

2. Prolly something like vacuity? I really can't make a hypothesis, but this is why it would be interesting to try.

3. I see two immediate possibilites. Best case is that your soul returns to normal, worst case it ceases to exist/is sucked into the grasping nether.

I'm interested in how you intend to go about storing your soul in an object. Any particular method you've devised or read about that your considering?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

[QUOTE=Ajivani;339784]Well, do you think your soul does anything? If you think your soul provides some sort of function, then losing it would mean losing access to that function if you didn't put in means to telepsychically/telemagickally access that function.

Storing it may destroy it. Storing it and it gets destroyed (a la HP's Horcruxes) is a possibility. Might it reincarnate without you? Do you need to have a soul at all?

Myself, I'd not store it somewhere because any enchantment meant to bind it is potentially visible and breakable, making the soul stealable. Why are you wanting to store your soul somewhere, anyway? Planning on turning yourself into a mummy?[/QUOTE]

I do not intend becoming a mummy, zombie or anything simular to that...
i do indeed as Raziel.AE said, desire to become lich, but without losing my mind or being and character....
i'd like to become like the type lich displayed below: (look at the picture beside the text)
http://www.tuckborough.net/nazgul.html

Ofc unlike the ringwraiths got, i do want to keep my own will....i just want the powers they got..no food, sleep, blood, or oxygen needed, and the great physical and mental strengt ofc:).

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: 1911

I don't now about soul much less storing it anywhere, but I have found much benefit in "burrowing". As a worm I always seem to return as a pupae from it's den, I seem to emerge a more driven individual, wherever I may lead me.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: Hairetikos

So wait... did this concept exist before J. K. Rowling incorporated it into the Harry Potter books? I thought the "horcrux" (which is the term she used for what you guys are talking about) was her invention.
Alex wrote: I've heard from someone, that storing your soul, will result in, an Object that's your greatest strenght, aswel as your
greatest weakness...
Sounds to me like your source borrowed more than a little inspiration from the Potter books.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: Raziel.AE

haha I was right XD

Then yeah, depending from where you are going it can be quite a pain in the ass to have a shiny object that can be broken (hint: get a diamond) and end up hurting you, or used to directly manipulate you, or simply lost :p

Just work into your favorite RPG/Fantasy paradigm and do it, then let us know when you start to rot... It is not my fault if you end up like a psychopath, zombie, ghoul, skeleton, mummy or just a generic mindless creep :D

Good Luck.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: Skeptismo118

I'm from something of a scientist-magician background. As such non-material objected being discusses like they were "things" tends to raise a few questions.

What exactly do you mean by "soul"?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: AstralMagickCraft

You cant store your soul in anything unless you plan to move inside it entirely leaving your body to go into a coma or die.

If you do what you are planning to do it would most likely just be a significator and servitor and have a strong connection to you.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Skeptismo118;339945 wrote:I'm from something of a scientist-magician background. As such non-material objected being discusses like they were "things" tends to raise a few questions.

What exactly do you mean by "soul"?
I too share this reservation... but didn't feel like making waves or whatever by seeming contrary. There's also more than a few occult schools that believe a soul is something you have to create, not something inherent. So there's a huge gray area here.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: Skeptismo118

"Seeming contrary" is what I do.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Skeptismo118;339958 wrote:"Seeming contrary" is what I do.
It's good to go against the grain, play devil's advocate and all that fun stuff. If you don't stir the waters, they tend to stagnate.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

[QUOTE=Hairetikos;339929]So wait... did this concept exist before J. K. Rowling incorporated it into the Harry Potter books? I thought the "horcrux" (which is the term she used for what you guys are talking about) was her invention.

Sounds to me like your source borrowed more than a little inspiration from the Potter books.[/QUOTE]

My inspiration doesn't come from any potter book/movie...
If you clicked the link, i gave in my previous quote, you would see, my inspiration would be rather more from LOTR,
than harry potter stuff...
But my inspiration isn't only just from fantasy-rpg/book or movie, i asked someone if its possible turning into creature simular to nazgul, but without being a willess, beingless creature....
He gave me a few possibilities, and one of them was storing your soul...in fact, my text: it would your greatest strengt aswell as your greatest weakness, i just simply copied from his story about storing your soul...his speech about it:

Another possibility is to bind the soul to a separate object. Instead of the soul being seated purely within the body, you could theoretically extend the soul to stretch between two objects, thus transferring the properties of the object in question. But you'd have to make sure not to damage the object or let anyone steal it, as your soul would also be bound to it, and you would take on the objects weaknesses as well as strengths.

Maybe i didn't said this yet, but asking this, is just because i was considering it....
Do you really think i would ask about the dangers, if i allready made my decision?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

[QUOTE=Raziel.AE;339943]haha I was right XD

Then yeah, depending from where you are going it can be quite a pain in the ass to have a shiny object that can be broken (hint: get a diamond) and end up hurting you, or used to directly manipulate you, or simply lost :p

Just work into your favorite RPG/Fantasy paradigm and do it, then let us know when you start to rot... It is not my fault if you end up like a psychopath, zombie, ghoul, skeleton, mummy or just a generic mindless creep :D

Good Luck.[/QUOTE]

If i would end into such a horrible creature, it woulden't hurt me anymore....
If my soul is lost, and my brains are (almost)dead, i would prolly allready be someone else:angel:(yes, i believe in Reincarnation)....
And even if that doesn't exist, and i do not move into death, then it still doesn't hurt me, but only the society would be troubled with it....as in that state of being, i would be so stupid and far gone, that i'm just not bothered with it(i woulden't prolly even knew what i'm doing:p)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Alex;340082 wrote:
Another possibility is to bind the soul to a separate object. Instead of the soul being seated purely within the body, you could theoretically extend the soul to stretch between two objects, thus transferring the properties of the object in question.
I still come back to the problem that Skeptismo raised. What is the soul? Where is the soul? Does it really exist in some sense or is it myth? How can you "work" with something that you cannot measure?

And who says that the soul is seated in the body?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Storing your Soul

Original post: BeautifulEvil
I think AstralMagickCraft summed it up fairly well. The spirit/soul cannot be transferred to another object by means of pure thought or magick alone. The only way to do this is through physical alchemy, but often enough this will result in destruction of the material from which the spirit/soul is drawn. Small amounts of the spirit/soul can be transferred to another object by using physical alchemy (i.e. by using bodily matter [blood,semen,sweat,urine,saliva,etc] as the prima materia), and it's even possible to use small amounts of YOUR spirit/soul to create an elixir or stone suited to your specific spirit/energy signature.

If you only use psychological alchemy or magick, one can only create a link to the object, and perhaps transfer a small amount of spirit/soul energy to the object. However, the object will leak the spirit/soul energy since it is not fixed.

This is often why physical alchemy is considered by many to be THE last step, and the goal is the completion of the magnum opus.
What is the soul? Where is the soul?
I believe the soul is a collection specific qualities & attributes of spirit energy. The body, soul, and spirit are all closely related, and indeed are layered upon one another and exist within all matter.

The body cannot exist without the spirit, and the spirit has to rely on the soul in order to translate and act as a mediator between the body and spirit.
Does it really exist in some sense or is it myth? How can you "work" with something that you cannot measure?
The soul does indeed exist, and physical alchemy "confirms" the existence of the soul and spirit. The soul and spirit can be measured, but often people lack the knowledge required to "measure" and "manipulate" these things.
And who says that the soul is seated in the body?
The alchemists of long ago made this observation.

Anyway, you can take this post with a grain of salt. Deny what you will, etc, and I know most of you will since this is in the CHAOS magick section. ;)

Nononichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Storing your Soul

Post by Nononichi »

I go with the Idea that the soul is a little like a memory of where your consciousness has been, So in my opinion, the creation of a phylactery would only service to make you mentally unstable by way of you loosing all previous parts of your consciousness. it probably would be very good though if a necromancer got his hands on it.

Hypnoccultist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hypnoccultist »

Who's to say you even have a soul? It's my understanding that souls are made and forged through pain and work. You may not have one to begin with

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

It's my understanding that the only people that don't have souls, are dead people.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Chaos Magick”