Can sigils cause you nightmares??

Niponic
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Niponic »

Hi everyone. I would like to know from your experiences if sigils have caused you nightmares.

Ive made quite a few sigils, and im quite successful in forgeting the intent. However i get these nightmares that remind me of the intent. They are quite scary and realistic as if i was watching my life going fast forward. I wasnt even thinking about the subjects before i went to bed. And it happens only about after 2 or 3 weeks of me making the sigil.

Anyone?? ty
Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life

Metaller
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Metaller »

a sigil basically influences subconscious which is the source of dreams and nightmares so I couldn't say you're wrong but I could say it's weird. a sigil shouldn't be particulary dangerous or annoying when you're done charging it. so probably it's not the sigil himself who does the trick but your intent. if your intent is really emotional you may forget it consciously but it remains in the subconscious who believes you are trying to renegate it and it discharges it's emotional charge in dreams turning them into nightmares, a thing I've learned while practicing sigil magic is that if you reach gnosis and stop all of your thoughts you don't think about your intent and charge the sigil even if you know what it does! you just have to focus on the fact that you shouldn't know what it does so you have to totally avoid thinking about it. the "forget your intent" thing is all about the fact that if you know what it does your emotions would spill out and influence gnosis but if you can acheive it aniway by a total relaxed situation and a calm mind you don't need to whait and probably nightmares would stop.
A: I think pigeons will rule the world with their advanced technology
B: naaaaaah!!! I'm not bored enough to do that

ZSD23
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ZSD23 »

In my experience, it doesn't matter about whether is sigil is forgotten or not. The sigil has to have the an effective energy vortice when charged. When untoward things occur in the aftermath I often take it as a sign that the sigil charging was successful. After all, what you are doing in the sigilization and charging is modifying the paradigm. The paradigmatic change occurs in you in an insidious rather than obvious way. The world around you--at least your perception of it--adjusts and because the paradigmatic shift occurs because of something planted in the deep conscious, resistance in the superficial consciousness occurs. This resistance is experiences as provocations, mayhem. In your case, nightmares. So, rather than being alarmed, feel confident that your magic may be working. Establishing a banishing protocol to go with charging and recognize patterns and consequences in the aftermath of sigil charging.
When they immanentized the eschaton, I found out where my head was leaking . . . . (source: Illuminatus! Triology)

frozen0k
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by frozen0k »

I just made a sigil yesterday, charged it and then burned it.
Then in the night i had a dream about performing different magics, like making a book flying in the room, making some things jump in a plastic bag and so on, only by intending that.
Never before have i dream such things. So, did the sigil charging started to perform it's magic already ?

Chaplain
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Chaplain »

i had a nightmare with "third person" sigils. i guess in my case reason was a lack of trust to a sigil maker. paranoid grows automatically. btw self made sigil is a light, easy and almost customizable way of brainwash thru sublimal message (with element of faith) and it is hard to say that brainwash and generaly subliminal messages are good, logicly any kind of so called feedback may occur. i think you should interpret it your own way, remember chaos is a legendary domain of demons an chaos is NOT innocent.

sigils may affect people and only people thru their minds (and thru this damned internet which is a tool of satan :D ) but of course big part of succes is in mind, because it is only faith that the world can be changed this way, it reminds me this movie: "final destination". why didn't they tried with sigils? :D

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I'm learning to make sigils that specifically cause nightmares. o.o

Nyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Can sigils cause you nightmares??

Post by Nyte »

reptilian wrote:I'm learning to make sigils that specifically cause nightmares. o.o

Really, that isn't amazingly difficult when you think about it. One easy method would be a sigil that invokes fears into the subconscious of the viewer, in a viral and ongoing process, where the more fear that is generated, the more anxiety and gnosis, the more fears it invokes.

Also, design a servitor to manipulate and orchestrate dreams into nightmares, and program it to either go after targets given it, or make it viral and work on those who see it.

Also, a sigil designed to enhance the mirror effect of facing your own fears and demons, designed to activate this process in the dreams of the target or viewer. The worst nightmares are those you dream up for yourself.

Just be ready with this, if you are going to muck with the darkness in others' heads, be ready to face your own, or be confident that you have already done so. This is one area that will crawl back into your head, and play in your personal asylum.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I haven't experienced any difficulty yet, and I'm very familiar with my dreams and fears. Half of my magical practice (and life practice, truthfully) is centered around knowing myself.

I was reflecting on the instructive nature of nightmares and decided to send some out in order to assist with my ethico-political agenda. Invoking terror is a necessary part of the process but my goal is ultimately to effect the subject's life choices, behavior and politics rather than just to stir up the creatures living in the deep. I am creating an unforgettable, visceral, life changing experience.
At least, that's the plan. XD

Nyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nyte »

Are you intending to sculpt these nightmares to lead the target(s) into specific choices and thought processes, or just in general to make them rethink them, and hopefully be more ethical and conscientious? Or just targeting that they face issues that they need to face, whatever those may be?

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I suppose you could say that I am attempting behavior modification of some kind. There is a specific practice or set of actions that I wish all people to avoid except when it is absolutely necessary, so the nightmares will be tailored to make this practice seem so repugnant as to become impossible for the subject.

Nyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nyte »

So you want to change the behavior of potentially all people, based on your dislike of a set of behaviors? God complex much?

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Well, you asked, lol.

And I don't know if it will change anyone's behavior and won't be surprised if it doesn't. Nor would I be upset if I fail. I just think that there is a particular practice that is ethically abhorrent even though most people indulge in it. *shrug*

Nyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nyte »

My issue is, while I support your right to find whatever this behavior is abhorrent and wish it was eradicated, I also support every individual's right to choose to do or not do this thing. Now, I realize, it causes conundrums and near hypocritical issues at times, but I believe that people as a whole should not be denied a behavior, at least not one that doesn't deny someone else choice, though yes, that includes the right to seek to persuade or dissuade people who do said offensive behavior by the person taking offense. It's complex, and it really involves a lot of case by case choices. For instance, I have much less issue with stopping sexual contact with children (I encourage stopping said actions) than I do with stopping people from robbing wal mart blind.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I understand what you're saying, and I actually agree with you for the most part. And honestly, maybe I do have a complex, but I feel like this is one of those things that no one would do if they really understood what they were doing. My goal, now that I think about it more, is less about coercion and more about .. enhancing people's empathy?
And you know, I talked this out with someone once before and they suggested that maybe my intent to should be to increase the empathy in others rather than freaking them out. Maybe that person is right.

I guess... I have a vision in my head about what happens when people do this, and I wonder if people would still do it if they saw it my way. o.o

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Also, a lot of my magical practice revolves around dream magic. (I think of myself as aspiring to be a dream walker, if that makes sense.) So, nightmares, or dreams of some kind just seemed like an obvious medium.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I 'm now really curious as to the nature of this 'behaviour'.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Well, if I tell you, 9 out of 10 readers of this forum will dislike me. XD

Nyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nyte »

Sounds in that case like 9 out of 10 readers of this forum aren't adult, or serious enough to be able to handle opposing viewpoints, and need to re-examine their paradigms.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Are you sure on those numbers?

Hmm....if you are it makes me wonder how tolerant or intolerant you may be yourself,regarding humanity.

I still want to know what it is.

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I think that might be jumping to a conclusion a bit, yeah; tell us ubaout it, and then judge our reactions ;)

Folks here are often more tolerant than you may think

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Sigh. I went from being really excited and proud of this project to wishing I'd never thought of it.

No, I'm not sure about the numbers, but since approximately 90% or more of the people I have ever met are meat eaters, I just guessed.

Nyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nyte »

You do realize that we are genetically designed as predators, meaning primarily meat eaters, right?

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I don't believe that, but okay.

Nyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nyte »

An attempt to disbelieve. Clever. How's that working out for ya?

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I have evidence for my beliefs, I just don't feel like debating. Is that okay?
I get hassled for believing that vegetarianism is healthy and ethical every day and I just don't want to go through that here of all places.

I'm sorry I mentioned it.

Return to “Chaos Magick”