Do you name your tools?

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Do you name your tools?

Post by biguns »

I don't know where else to post this considering ceremonial magickians would probably just name their tools according to their uses (rainbow wand, etc)

I got to wonder if some of you have a special name to your tools cuz when I picked up my pipe and remembered that I tend to name them when I develop some attachment to them it got me wondering if this act alone would shape it as a servitor with personality. Well, I'd bet my ass it would and I'd be very sure not to name my battle wand Hannah Montana or Rudy.

Aliga
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Do you name your tools?

Post by Aliga »

I don't name my tools unless i'm intending to make a servitor from the item's energy/bound to the item, though my friend (who I can only describe as VERY eclectic) loves naming his tools for some reason...

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

Yes I think the names can be very important. Each tool is the representation of an an abstract principle, and what part it plays to the whole process. Small items can represent very subtle energies that will fit in at certain places. Try using the tools in different order to see if anything changes. Once you get the right order and the right names and have a good feeling for the areas most prone to randomness. Get it written down quickly and work towards designing a sigil that will be able to maintain the major designations of of what you wrote. If you give us some examples of some of your names, maybe we can give you some feedback.

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

Sorry but I wouldn't be writing out the names of my tools or servitors after being attacked. But I will say that I would name my tools after I had a better grasp of what the more latent types of energies it carries and it's proper use would be (I still haven't been inspired by an specific one), then I would check out it's quabbalistic meaning and correct the spelling to better suit it's uses, for example I wouldn't be naming a healing wand some meaning pertaining to battle or loss, I'd mix, add or substract letters after I aligned a quabbalistic meaning more proper to it's particular use.

Thanks for the input as you did gave more depth and ideas to play with as I just have two tools so far.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

I personally have only named weapons. What you need yo understand is that YOU are the power behind your majick, so name your stuff as you are inspired. You can even change the names as it suits you. Cosmic energies will assist you if you are open to their influence. INTENT is what will float or sink your development and power.

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I sometimes do, yes, based on on something I read about empowerment, that I think I agree with. Personification is, according to Serge Kahili King, one of the most powerful methods of empowering an object or concept or what-have-you.

I'm not saying it's the best way to empower an object, but it's certainly an easy one that you can always stick on top of other empowerment methods like consecration, dedication, charging, charging, charging.

Personification gives things a bit of a life of their own, a bit of personality. Energy flows where attention goes, so, quirky though it may be, talking to your tools like people, with intent, is also a viable method of charging them in my opinion.

Nagagagagaga
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nagagagagaga »

Vashta wrote:Personification gives things a bit of a life of their own, a bit of personality. Energy flows where attention goes, so, quirky though it may be, talking to your tools like people, with intent, is also a viable method of charging them in my opinion.
Case-in-point: Mojo Hands
<FORM ACTION="../cgi-bin/mycgi.pl">
What to do?<P>

<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="dowhat" VALUE="S">Reset<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="dowhat" VALUE="M">HAIL ERIS<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="dowhat" VALUE="L">NOTHING<P>

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="submit">
</FORM>

Return to “Chaos Magick”