Do people still work with Fotamecus?

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Do people still work with Fotamecus?

Post by Muloc7253 »

The most reason thing I heard of Fotamecus was that he was planning to challenge Cronos for the throne of time. Do people still do work with Fotamecus and his countless copies? Is he still cooperable?
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Do people still work with Fotamecus?

Post by Occultess »

Muloc7253 wrote:The most reason thing I heard of Fotamecus was that he was planning to challenge Cronos for the throne of time. Do people still do work with Fotamecus and his countless copies? Is he still cooperable?
Found this on here (accidentally, actually....while Googling who on Earth Fotamecus was)

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... =9&t=23572
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Wow! Now my interest is peaked!

Never heard of him before.

Found this site (check out the copywrong statement *lol*)

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chao ... amec1.html

Now I've got questions! [eek]

This could be useful!

And the viral part....how very community...very nice [happy2]

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

....Oh,...I just realized what your original post was saying.....he's currently/recently trying to oust Cronos? [shock2]

Hmm....the site I posted above said he was "easy-going"... *shrug*

Oh, ok....now I've found this (lol, probably where you read it anyway)

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chao ... amec2.html

Ok, now I'm a bit dashed on this... [sadface]

Oh, well,....still good info [happyface] . I didn't even know that was possible.

Moth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Moth »

I'm unsurprised at this - one of the things I've found is that what we experience as the passage of time, is actually a by-product of the physics of consciousness.
"The world is made of many pages
And every page contains a world
We flicker through them in the daytime
But in the night become unfurled."

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I do still work with Fotamecus from time to time (someone stop me before I make another pun), usually seems fairly co-operative, although the thing where you tell him what to do with the reciprocal effect has been.. less effective for me in the past couple of years, more often than not it's not happened like specified, but maybe I just lost the knack ;P

Maybe not related, but a little bit back I got the impression of Fotamecus as.. could probably be best described as "Corpulent", like he'd been pigging out on something and he was partly rotted. Weird sensation, I tried talking to him but all I got was a sound a bit like "Blorch", so I left him to it. Perhaps he's been bulking up for this. Or perhaps he's already eaten ;P Or perhaps I was talking to something else entirely.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

It always seems to me like every instance you hear of people successfully using Fotamacus servitor is to make a journey more quickly, I'd be interested to hear of people who've had success in other ways?

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I use him to compress my work-day sometimes, lol, when it feels like it's going to be a looooong day. And if I've had a hard week, I'll use him to slow the weekend down. I wonder if that says horrible things about my work ethic? :P

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

Just wondering, if you slow the time down using fotamacus, is it in a hypnosis-time-distortion way or do you actually get a lot more done eg could you watch a dvd box set in considerably less than the running time

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I think more the hypnosis style, I haven't really applied the scientific method though, just seem to get a lot more done. Easily explained away as a trick of the mind, but if nothing more, it gives you a means to control that trick of the mind.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Accounts from Fotamecus creators seem to contrast that though, one van of chaotes having charged Fotamecus travelled a long distance in a short amount of time, beating another van by a considerably high amount of time. I don't think its strictly limited to your perception of time, at least not as far as some accounts are concerned.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

Hmm, well, I've always attributed it to the trick-of-the-mind effect, never actually measured the time... But that is a good point. It could be worth doing some timed experiments.

Alfred Abaddon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Alfred Abaddon »

I first worked with Fotamecus about a year ago, and I thought it was utterly creepy! Time seemed to pass soooo slowly, almost as it does after smoking everyone's favorite magickal herb, and I was completely sober when I evoked him (or it or whatever). I haven't employed him since but if I ever truly need to slow down or speed up time (or my perception of time, depending on how you believe this thing operates) I'm doing it.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Thanks, and welcome to the board.

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by beero »

Interesting stuff, do you evoke (not sure if thats the right word) Fotamacus using roughly the same techniques as in that chaosmatrix article?

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

Well, when I use Fotamecus, I pretty much just clarify the intention in my mind, what exactly I want him to do, draw and empower the sigil, and make a little statement of intent

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Occultess wrote:....Oh,...I just realized what your original post was saying.....he's currently/recently trying to oust Cronos? [shock2]

Oh, well,....still good info [happyface] . I didn't even know that was possible.
Be very careful with language! As soon as you add an "h" you get a different god! Chronos-Khronos is not Kronos-Cronos! Not that I'm implying you made a mistake. It's the Bob problem again. Bob did this Bob did that. Lots of Bobs.

So with that in mind I'm going to get dangerously offtopic and ask... is it the truth or is it what everybody believes that counts... or is it 50/50? Amazing what a difference a single letter can make. Much like computers. I'm still wondering about Kronos and Stukov is on strike. I feel like there's an important piece of information out there somewhere and I missed it. I'm waiting for somebody to post that game changer.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

akimbomoss wrote:
Occultess wrote:....Oh,...I just realized what your original post was saying.....he's currently/recently trying to oust Cronos? [shock2]

Be very careful with language! As soon as you add an "h" you get a different god! Chronos-Khronos is not Kronos-Cronos! Not that I'm implying you made a mistake. It's the Bob problem again. Bob did this Bob did that. Lots of Bobs.

So with that in mind I'm going to get dangerously offtopic and ask... is it the truth or is it what everybody believes that counts... or is it 50/50? Amazing what a difference a single letter can make. Much like computers. I'm still wondering about Kronos and Stukov is on strike. I feel like there's an important piece of information out there somewhere and I missed it. I'm waiting for somebody to post that game changer.
I was just spelling it like the Original Poster did. I personally like spelling it, Kronus, but I seem to have this tendancy to modify the spelling according to who I'm posting to. Just look at the beginning of the thread where Stukov was talking about Kronos in. I started out saying Kronus and then he used Kronos and then I changed to Kronos. Maybe I shouldn't do that, but now I've gone and done it twice.

...wait Khronos is really a different god then Kronos? I thought that was just spelling preference.

And yeah....what ever happened to Stukov?...I haven't seen him around in forever.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Kronos and Cronos are the same guy. Ancient Greek Titan.
Cronus is the Roman version of Kronos (the Titan), and was later kind of melded into Saturn by them.
Chronos = Ancient Greek personification of Time.

Just so were all on the same page here. [geek2] [smile2]

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

TheSeeker wrote:Kronos and Cronos are the same guy. Ancient Greek Titan.
Cronus is the Roman version of Kronos (the Titan), and was later kind of melded into Saturn by them.
Chronos = Ancient Greek personification of Time.

Just so were all on the same page here. [geek2] [smile2]

Thanks!

Ok, so....Kronos is a Titan

Chronus is the god of Time (not a Titan)

got it! I think..,

Is Chronus where we get chronological?

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Yes, a Titan. Leader of the Titans, actually.
And, yes: chronology, chronometric, chronicle, chronic *cough-wheeze...* [greensmile]

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Oh, cool. Thanks!

The Titan one is Zeus's dad, right?

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Yes. Stukov and I have a hypothesis that they are the 2 big wigs that have been mostly in charge of things on earth spanning from before the garden of eden until now.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Yeah, I think that's probably true, more or less. Certainly if you take to what Joshua Free says about the early days.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

akimbomoss wrote:Yes. Stukov and I have a hypothesis that they are the 2 big wigs that have been mostly in charge of things on earth spanning from before the garden of eden until now.
Sorry, who? Zeus and Kronos?

Return to “Chaos Magick”