Baghdad Battery... a theory.

sylas vael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Baghdad Battery... a theory.

Post by sylas vael »

i have posted this elsewhere, but wanted to express it on this forum as well.

i postulate that a "baghdad battery" could be used for the enchantment of talismans & such. thus "charging" them with a desired function. the battery itself is not hard to make & creates only a small amount of electricity so its relatively safe.

the idea is to create a "baghdad battery" to be used for enchanting & imbuing items with power. the electrical charge being enhanced by both ritual & ingredients added to the liquid catalyst used to charge the battery.

i offer this as an experiment for any willing to give it a try. i myself am going to do this as soon as i can get the materials needed. i only offer it as a unique way of charging magickal items. this can also be used for charging sigils i would think. the liquid catalyst serves as a type of "philtre" containing all the ingredients of the ritual (blood, semen, herbs, etc). the item would be hooked up to the battery via copper wires so as to transfer the energy into the object by the electrical charge of the battery. the ritual would be a matter of personal taste, such as a simple conjuration of the desired effect. use whatever works for you. i would suggest leaving the item hooked up to the battery for at least 24 hours after completion of the ritual. but again, its a matter of personal taste.

this is just a personal idea. but feel free to add your opinion or criticism. & forgive my writing, im rather tired, but i wanted to get this out.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Baghdad Battery... a theory.

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Could you please expand on how you make this battery? What makes it differ from other batteries? What is the ritual surrounding its formation and use?

Niponic
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Niponic »

I like this idea! I think the simple fact of putting effort into creating the battery is already giving your charge to put into your item. And then leave it 24 hours to enchant it? great.
And since you can use a jar for it (i think it could be a clay jar), you could even paint the jar or engrave it, make it more magical. [thumbup] Let me know how it works for you.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Just to clear up any confusion on what he's referring to:
The Baghdad Battery, sometimes referred to as the Parthian Battery, is the common name for a number of artifacts created in Mesopotamia, during the dynasties of Parthian or Sassanid period (the early centuries AD), and probably discovered in 1936 in the village of Khuyut Rabbou'a, near Baghdad, Iraq. These artifacts came to wider attention in 1938 when Wilhelm König, the German director of the National Museum of Iraq, found the objects in the museum's collections. In 1940, König published a paper speculating that they may have been galvanic cells, perhaps used for electroplating gold onto silver objects.[2][3] Though far from settled, this interpretation continues to be considered as at least a hypothetical possibility.[4] If correct, the artifacts would predate Alessandro Volta's 1800 invention of the electrochemical cell by more than a millennium.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Chaos Magick”