Magical Tools to Attract Ghosts

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Magical Tools to Attract Ghosts

Post by Azrael »

Hello Chaotes! So I need some help from your creative and innovative minds.

I need a great idea for some tools I can create to attract ghosts and spirits. It can be anything, and in fact, should be anything. Any ideas will be of use. Additionally, it doesn't just have to be tools. Any ideas for powders, potions, or bait would also be appreciated.

Thank you. Azrael.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Magical Tools to Attract Ghosts

Post by Rin »

If you're looking for a specific ghost, I've had success with entering a deep meditative state then calling out and asking them to contact me. Although that was with the recently departed, it might be harder with someone who's been gone for longer.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

Alas, no, that is not what I meant. I'm referring to an actual tool that I can make. And not one that attracts specific spirits, but something that works like a type of "bait".

Like you use it and ghosts and spirits are drawn to the object. Be creative people! I have a few ideas but I need help.

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Make a ghost roach motel, some sort of spirit attracting sigil engine housed within a physical cage that backs up an astral one. For the sigil's construction, draw it actually on a roach trap. :-D

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

Azkhet wrote:Make a ghost roach motel, some sort of spirit attracting sigil engine housed within a physical cage that backs up an astral one. For the sigil's construction, draw it actually on a roach trap. :-D
This is good. Really good actually.

Now let me throw one of my ideas by you. I've got this thought about taking some fish bait and charging it with something that will drawn in all spirits to my area. What exactly would be best to charge it with to attract just any general spirits?

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Hurm. Well, if you accept the argument that methods of achieving gnosis fall into two categories, excitatory or inhibitory, then I'd argue an excitatory method is optimal. Why? Spirits love attention, and they like the idea that they might get attention, so if you raise a ruckus, you'll get every spirit's attention. Therefore, it's time to make noise. Exactly how you reached that hysterical, mind-blown state at the apex of your excitatory focus would have to be carefully chosen, though, because of the flavor of gnosis you'd achieve might color your results - gnosis through orgasm would probably attract a whole bevy of hot little lust spirits (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but totally screws your statistical sample...) If you favor the "magical ritual as dramatic symbol manipulation" approach, you'd have to pick something exciting but still flavor neutral - perhaps you cast as a carnival barker of sorts, offering "tickets" to your show in the form of your repeated sigil. Once you finished getting all lathered up over it, it would be pretty easy to banish/forget via laughter because it is pretty silly -- you're shouting nonsense words like a carnie at a dish full of fish food. Welcome to the funny farm. [yay]

Another method if the ritual as drama thing is too much hassle might be some good old fashioned fire breathing - gets you into a really "up" sort of trance state, so then it's just focusing on the sigil, however you decide to make it up.

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

I like the idea with the carnival, although, I might modify it a bit. I might do a ritual where I embody the tickets with energy before-hand, act out the whole carnival procedure, and then close off the energy inside the tickets. Then later, the night of the "Ghost Search", I'll leave the tickets lying around to be picked up, or for the energy to be utilized.

Sounds pretty good to me. What do you think?

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Sounds perfectly reasonable and doable.

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

Okay, then it appears that I'm going to have quite a busy week putting this all together. I will post the results in this thread as soon as I finish the procedures and go on my little expedition.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any more ideas to offer I will consider them as well. If not, then expect a response from me in this thread in about a week or so.

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

If you need a tool to attract spirits, why don't you try using an ocarina?

I mean seriously, make a sygil on paper and then convert the lines into notes using a code of our own making, memorize and burn it and sprinkle the ashes onto the ocarina (un-necessary but can help with visualization) maybe draw with a permanent pen on the ocarina the sygil just in case. Then, when you want to summon all spirits from the area, play the ocarina in that song or "set of notes" which corresponds to the sygil - do this with passion and put everything into it to achieve the desired gnosis - as the sygil is the notes being played your mind is already subconsciously visualizing the sygil in a very deep level of consciousness.

This is what I use and it works pretty well for me. Hope this helps :)

Lucius.
Lucius RavenCroft.
First Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.

"The man with the cat wearing the tin foil hat told me to go this way- where am I again?"

https://addictedtothememories.wordpress.com/

http://www.google.com/+LuciusRavenCroft

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Well, I understand it's an example of using an item to launch a preprogrammed sigil, but ...

Who has an ocarina laying around unless they're Link traveling through time or a weeaboo? It's a pretty obscure instrument. I can see suggesting a guitar or something if she said she was musical, but it just seemed so incredibly far out of left field to suggest someone pick up playing an obscure instrument that isn't that simple to master in order to perform what should be a very basic sigil? Well, I guess it would be good for a long-term permanent tool, but I can't see going to extraordinary effort to obtain on ocarina, learn how to play it at least semi half-assed well, and then employing it for this purpose, unless I had some sort of preexisting burning desire to learn how to play an ocarina (again, likely being a weeaboo.)

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

It seems you're following my posts to troll me [crymore] Jk jk lol

Anyway, it was just a suggestion, you raise some good points, but firstly the ocarina is cheap so you can just by it from ebay etc. One needs not be Link to afford an ocarina. Secondly, an ocarina one can carry in one's pocket and so it is much easier to use in this situation than a guitar. Thirdly, only a basic note set would need to be played- not a master level piece :P and so one can learn it relatively quickly to that level.
Lucius RavenCroft.

"The man with the cat wearing the tin foil hat told me to go this way- where am I again?"

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

/snort You're not that lucky.

The ocarina is cheap, sure, but it's an access issue. One does not seek things out to covet - you covet that which you see every day. So, why go way the hell out of the way to go find an ocarina, Link? Surely a kazoo or a bird whistle would do just as well. If it's for the niftiness of a bizarre instrument, well, then say so.

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

Okay, then a kazoo or bird whistle- doesn't matter what instrument. I was just saying what I use as a suggestion ha ha [tongue]

Anyway yeah, that is a good point about coveting it. Well, for me it's definitely "for the niftiness of a bizarre instrument" [grin]
Lucius RavenCroft.

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

Creating a tune is surely interesting, unfortunately, I'm not very musically oriented. Although, I'm sure I could use a bird whistle if need be.

In other news, I created the ritual to imbue the tickets with energy, titling it, "Cirque de Invitations". Tonight I am going to leave the tickets lying around and make use of them with a friend. The location? A large graveyard on the outskirts of town. Tomorrow I should be able to post up results.

Stay tuned!

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

Stay tuned!
Ha ha this actually made me laugh [yay]

Anyway yeah- I'm glad it's working out for you. Post the results :)
Lucius RavenCroft.

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

Keeping my promise to keep you all informed...here we go:

The plan was to test out the tickets last night. We had a large graveyard in mind, as I've previously stated, right on the outskirts of town. We get there, and immediately it starts to rain. And storm. And shit. So me and my friend

#1: Can hear shit. Even if there were ghost, the rain was too loud to hear them.
#2: Didn't want to stay there because we had no way of staying dry. Plus it was cold as Hell.

As such the plan has changed a bit, my enthused audience. Tonight I test out the tickets. Alone. That's right everybody. Azrael is going to get out the tickets and try to get some spirits to come out without any sort of additional help. Now there is just one thing to decide.

Should I toke up on marijuana before trying this? Suggestions? Go!

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Altered states of consciousness FTW. You do want to reach the clearest state of gnosis possible, right? [grin]

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

On the bright side, cold and rainy must have felt earrry oooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

Lol seriously though, thanks for keeping us posted, I'm really interested in seeing how this works out. Best of luck [thumbup]
Lucius RavenCroft.

Return to “Chaos Magick”