Sigil via Meditation

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Sigil via Meditation

Post by Azrael »

Hello Fellow Chaotes and Such (like I care about your titles),

I'm going to provide you with the method I normally use in an attempt to fire sigils with meditation. It has never worked. If one of you could analyze this information and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I will love you forever... or something.

My Failure of a Method:

1. Banishing Ritual.
2. Relax on a bed.
3. Breathe in and out to calm down.
4. Count down from 10.
5. Sit there for five minutes and continue to relax. Focus on a single dot in my mind in order to increase concentration.
6. Suddenly imagine the sigil. Concentrate on the sigil. Become the sigil.
7. Slowly come out of the meditation.
8. Banish again.

Lord Ferocia
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Sigil via Meditation

Post by Lord Ferocia »

Azrael wrote:Hello Fellow Chaotes and Such (like I care about your titles),

I'm going to provide you with the method I normally use in an attempt to fire sigils with meditation. It has never worked. If one of you could analyze this information and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I will love you forever... or something.

My Failure of a Method:

1. Banishing Ritual.
2. Relax on a bed.
3. Breathe in and out to calm down.
4. Count down from 10.
5. Sit there for five minutes and continue to relax. Focus on a single dot in my mind in order to increase concentration.
6. Suddenly imagine the sigil. Concentrate on the sigil. Become the sigil.
7. Slowly come out of the meditation.
8. Banish again.
What exactly do you mean by "to fire sigil"? It seems after careful reading you may be trying to invoke a vision with it.

In this case, your problem is you are perhaps waiting for it to come alive on it's own. If you are "pathworking" a sigil, you meditate upon it's symbolized qualities (is the sigil a God Name? A planetary spirit? What?) then you would begin by imagining these qualities, and related symbols and allow them to arise within the mind. You must get the process going. If you are trying to astral travel into the sigil (as a doorway) the question is are you skilled at astral travel, or expecting this process to just "work"? When you say "become the sigil" what do you mean exactly? What do YOU think this means?

Laying down (especially on a bed) is not advised. In astral work, it is wise to keep the mind awake and put the body to sleep. A bed will most likely feed the subconscious mind the pattern of "sleep" and work against you. You are also at risk of simply falling asleep. Lay down instead (if you do not practice Asana) on a hard surface.

Yes, banishing before and after is always good. If you mean to charge this sigil etc., then perform a Middle Pillar ritual before.
Lord Ferocia

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I think the problem lies within numbers 2-7. You're not getting into a deep enough meditation to achieve a trance state.

Some people have a problem with laying down and doing it. Especially those that can take a nap anywhere. When I want to go in a trance state I'll either lay down or get in the recliner. Some people have problems with it while others don't. That's one of those - it's up to the person that's doing it kind of thing.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

luminousraven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by luminousraven »

My theory of chaos magic is:
everything does something
or
everything does everything
meaning, any sigil will work- any sigil will do anything
of course in practical terms this doesnt work because in what might be termed the real world only one thing does one other thing (normal cause and effect)
so....
by their theory the sigils are working and they are doing what you want them to do
so why aren't you experiencing any results?
well when it comes to that, why arent you experiencing everything at every moment?
because of focus of attention and structures of the mind- your mind allows only one experience or one type of experience at a time into your awareness
or say, they are working, you are just not 'remembering' the experience or allowing it into your conscious awareness
like saying, we dream every night but do not remember our dreams, or not many of them and not in great detail
so I might consider ending each meditation with an affirmation something like, "I will remember this experience after returning to my everyday consciousness"

eirôn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by eirôn »

It can take a lot of practice to get a sufficiently good trance/gnosis state from meditation alone, don't expect that it will come easily. Also, in my experience, the effects of magick can often be subtle and nuanced. You can't expect to fire off a quick 10 minute sigil and win that nights lottery (especially if you haven't bought a ticket!) Results can take time to come into fruition and require repeated actions. It may be down to interpretation as to whether your intended outcome has manifested, or you may have to specifically look in unexpected places to observe a given result.

Circles
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Circles »

I'm curious, and forgive me if I'm out of line, however Azrael what are you trying to achieve?

edit: If it makes any difference, the reason I'm asking is because "there are more ways than one to skin a cat" - why use a spoon if you can use a knife ^.^

Urscumug
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Urscumug »

Hi Azrael!
I use to skip #7 and banish with laughters.
You didn't mention what happens after the sigil launching. Are you able to forget about it? Not to think of the results? If you can't this could be an explanation for your failures.
You say that your method never worked, but how many attempts did you do? Magick does not work all of the time, maybe your expectations are too high.

Return to “Chaos Magick”