Ritual experiment

クインし
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ritual experiment

Post by クインし »

Recently I have been reading about certain (chaos) spells requiring you to call upon a certain spirit or 'entity' of your choice. Since I have never had contact with other supernatural entities I came up with a ritual that I would like to have your opinions on.
The ritual I came up with goes:

The Ritualist places a mirror in his hands and burns it lightly, then places it in front of him and starts meditating with the intention to call upon spirits willing to aid him.
Once the performer feels comfortable with the entity they are currently facing he offers a drip of blood and places it on the center of the mirror so that the bound is made.
When this all is done the performer can thank the entity and close the ritual.

It's pretty straightforward and fail-proof in my opinion. Thoughts?

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Ritual experiment

Post by Ramscha »

This seems rather parasitic attractive to me. "Whatever entity you feel comfortable with" might be a rather blunt approach, for the start you might want to get a little bit more specific. When doing some research and mythhunting one normally gets his first impressions of entities, this might be a better first hand orientation for a beginner then just inviting whatever is around. You might as well limit it rather specificall to for example the spirit of your house, your flower pot or whatever else in a smaller league you might want to call upon.

Same goes for the bond. Imagine what you would do if you meet someone for a first time. It is not like these forces are some sort of pets waiting for your command to get a leash. "Do what you will shall be the only law" might apply for magick practice, but don't forget that it applies also to the one sitting in opposite to you, meaning the things you call upon.

Ramscha
bye bye

クインし
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by クインし »

That sounds logical. So lets say I limit the ritual to call the spirit of my house, there should be clear rules that the entity as well as me should agree upon?

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

That depends on what you are up to and how you want to approach it.

I will give an example if that might help you.
You might have a special place, shrine or altar in your house/apartment you might use. If you do it for the first time you might just say a "Nighbour-hello" and offer something and may talk about something, even if it is just smalltalk or compliment about your place. I made good experiences with sweets (bonbons, cookies, etc.) but you might use as an offering whatever you see fit and get the best resonance out of or you may lit a candle as well. It is about showing some appreciation. Keep an open mind and listen/watch out for resonance on whatever level that might be.

This is a rather simple approach but in variation I like to use this very often. It is one thing to go to an altar, ignite some incense and then call upon a diety or spirit because you need this and that and because you have such a shitty life. Or the other way round, because you are such a badass the legions of hell have to be to your command. They might be for a while but neither the crouching way nor the exponentially bloated ego will get an occultist very far (imho). Its a matter of paradigm I guess, who doesn't want to be a badass from time to time?

It is another thing to do an approach as a partner/friend/individual on "eye-level" (which might be difficult sometimes if they have tentacles and dozends of eyes). A magician is neither a blind follower, nor is he a blind fool who full of himself.

And again, the mentioned points are a thing to discuss and I have no intention to present them as absolute truth. But it might help you as an input for your own picture [happy2]
bye bye

クインし
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by クインし »

This helps alot, thanks!

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

It is NEVER a good idea to blood-bond yourself to any random entity that shows up when an open invite is issued. It IS a good way to serve yourself up for lunch. With the drop of blood you're offering you're even giving them a taste test.

Please learn more about spirits and entities and have some experience with them before you go doing things that are extremely difficult to undo - if even possible - should you change your mind later. This isn't a game. It's not a fantasy thing. It's nothing like the romanticized ideas that a lot of people think are true.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Hello unknown Japanese name!

Here is a way to think about this type of work: don't assume that the astral is either a free-for-all devoid of consquenes and seperated by some membrane from your daily life or that the standards and interactions there are removed from the common sence standards of your daily life. Example: you always assess with whom you connect and have to have an idea who they are if you meet, say, on the sidewalk. It is no different there.

Solving Ennui
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solving Ennui »

I disagree with the general sentiment here, other writers have expounded on the topic of how any and all entities take pride and honour in serving a magician/sorcerer whatever you call yourself, and I frequently do broad invocations with rather convincing results.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I find the statement 'any and all entities take pride in serving whomever...' to be a sweeping generalization. I have not found this to be true. But there's nothing saying that we have to agree.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

I know I'm a few days late on the party here, but this thread seems interesting enough ha ha.
any and all entities take pride and honour in serving a magician/sorcerer whatever you call yourself
I am glad this approach works for you, but I have had very different experiences. Just like with people, you get nice spirits who'll help you out "Just 'cos. Shrug." and then you get spirits who will help you out in return. I have never had a spirit serve me because of pride. Often spirits are much much much older than any magician and I get the feeling they help us for the sheer amusement.

Anyways, that's just my own personal experience and there are of course, a wealth of spirits with whom I have not worked. I just find that if I treat them with respect, an agreement can be made.
Lucius RavenCroft.
First Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.

"The man with the cat wearing the tin foil hat told me to go this way- where am I again?"

https://addictedtothememories.wordpress.com/

http://www.google.com/+LuciusRavenCroft

Return to “Chaos Magick”