What do you think KIA is?

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

What do you think KIA is?

Post by Horny Goat »

From Austin Spare's Zos Kia, what do you think Kia is?

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What do you think KIA is?

Post by cyberdemon »

His imaginary friend.

In all seriousness, a familiar perhaps. I don't remember Spare's work properly, too eccentric and self-centered method of writing for me to actually pay attention to. Was it Kia who delivered the speech through Spare? Either way, a familiar or an invoked demon-class entity is likely.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Horny Goat wrote:From Austin Spare's Zos Kia, what do you think Kia is?
A representation of his subconsciousness.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

A representation of his subconsciousness.
And in a broader view his working tool.
bye bye

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Horny Goat wrote:From Austin Spare's Zos Kia, what do you think Kia is?
Zos is simply the self and Kia is simply a terms synonymous with the Hindu concept of Brahman. In embracing Zos and Kia together, and realising that Kia is actually Zos, the enlightened magician becomes truly liberated from all social conventions and traditional ideas. The embracing of Kia into Zos is the road to a true subconscious realisation of the self - if you can act fully in a state of Kia, then you operate without any barrier between yourself and the self-divine.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

Gosh, I never thought I'd get replies like this. I thought it was either life energy, which is a poor description, or else it was reality itself - his share of reality. Everything that is currently manifest in his own life. It's not a clear concept.

JohnTitor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JohnTitor »

Clockwork_Ghost very well summed up my impressions to the T. I am still working on finishing his collective works, and have yet to finish Self Love, but that was a wonderful clarification. My initial perception of KIA was more that it is US. He says so in one line in particular, and that to see Kia as more is just as wrong as religion. I will repost soon with the specific line. I have it on file in my bookmarks.
Creation is our gift, yet we seek only destruction. We have the ability to achieve greatness and mold our very existence into that which we desire- only to writhe in our perceived notions of existence and preconceived limitations set forth by our predecessors. Let us go forth together and create something wondrous and unique~
----------------------
"If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place."
Lao Tsu

Urscumug
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Urscumug »

From the definitions of Daemons of pleasure:
A. O. Spare wrote:Kia: The absolute freedom which being free is mighty enough to be "reality" and free at any time: therefoire is not potential or manifest (except as it's instant possibility) by ideas of freedom or "means", but by the Ego being free to receive it, by being free of ideas about it and by not believing.
The less said of it (Kia) the less obscure is it. Remember evolution teaches by terrible punishments - that conception is ultimate reality but not ultimate freedom from evolution.
And later in The Consumer of Religion:
A. O. Spare wrote:I call it Kia I dare not claim it as myself. The Kia which can be expressed by conceivable ideas, is not the eternal Kia, which burns up all belief but is the archetype of "self", the slavery of mortality.
Horny Goat wrote:what do you think Kia is?
[crazy]
I consider myself as a decent reader of English, coming from French, but I find it extremely difficult to read Spare. I wonder how easy (or difficult) it is for a native English speaker.
Let's take a simple case, in the previous quote, does the slavery of mortality relates to the "self" (my guess) or the the Kia that is not the eternal Kia?

Jaq
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jaq »

Several answers above are 'true', but to put it in other terms, it is basically Spare's personal concept of the 'higher self'. The essential being within the physical shell of mortality. Something that is both spirit and subconscious, yet neither.

Getting one's head around some of Spare's concepts can take some perspective shifting.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

From the books 'Liber Null & Psyconaut', Kia is what most would call God, or the ALL.

It's supposed to be a word without meaning, but the car companies have taken that from us, and for a certain purpose.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Return to “Chaos Magick”