Question about motionlessness practice (Liber MMM pg14)

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Question about motionlessness practice (Liber MMM pg14)

Post by Cam Revillot »

It specifically says to try not to blink. Should I be practicing with my eyes closed? That's the only way I know not to blink for 15 minutes. If the eyes are open but not moving that overlaps with later staring exercises. Just seemed a bit unrealistic so I thought maybe I was reading it too literally.

Am I the only one here who can't go 15 minutes without blinking?
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Question about motionlessness practice (Liber MMM pg14)

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Yes, eyes closed is a good idea. I'm running a series of lessons on Liber MMM in the school, you're welcome to join. Let my know by PM message if you do and I'll add you to the group.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cam Revillot wrote:It specifically says to try not to blink. Should I be practicing with my eyes closed? That's the only way I know not to blink for 15 minutes. If the eyes are open but not moving that overlaps with later staring exercises. Just seemed a bit unrealistic so I thought maybe I was reading it too literally.

Try it with both. More fun that way.

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EternalReturn »

Cam Revillot wrote:It specifically says to try not to blink. Should I be practicing with my eyes closed? That's the only way I know not to blink for 15 minutes. If the eyes are open but not moving that overlaps with later staring exercises. Just seemed a bit unrealistic so I thought maybe I was reading it too literally.

Open eyes are more fun to play with. After a while you stop blinking.

Phaedra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Phaedra »

Old practice of ancient Yogi´s was to keep one´s gaze directed to the light of candle and try to stare it bit by bit. This strenghten one´s eyes in long run.

I think that without blink is more about practice. You practice and you evolve, You practice more and evolve more.. Results by investing.

Eyes closed and eyes open. I think they are different practices and give different results. Both useful, but not the one and the same.

It´s more useful to practice slowly than try to run before one knows how to walk.

Just my opinion on this question.
It is a mistake to consider any belief more liberated than another.
- Peter J. Carroll

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Trataka is a technique that helps:
By fixing the gaze the restless mind too comes to a halt. It is said also that control of the ciliary (blink) reflex stimulates the pineal gland, which some authorities identify with the third eye. Trāṭaka is said to enhance the ability to concentrate. It may increase the power of memory and bring the mind in a state of awareness, attention and focus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr%C4%81%E1%B9%ADaka
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Well my only recommendation is to go with how you think you should practice..and from there extend yourself naturally..

And then my second point..which is very important..is to not get down on your self when you make a mistake or open your eyes even though you didnt want to..otherwise the negative energy you carry can make you make more mistakes in the future..so you have to be a kind of stoic..in effect..

Return to “Chaos Magick”