I'm going to make a Servitor. Comments appreciated.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'm going to make a Servitor. Comments appreciated.

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Hey all! Everyone here has been really helpful the short time I've been here, so I thought we could do a little community building exercise. Sort of. If anyone has any good, bad, or ideas they want to test, feel free to comment them below!
Above all I would like to open up a dialogue about how to improve this idea and make it the most perfect.
I am going to create a servitor. It is going to be for memory, preferably perfect recall between the servitor/ my memory.
Name
For now, let's refer to the servitor as Memo.(I wish my name was that cool)
Appearance
I'm cool with Memo being a notepad or book. Simple, easy to visualize, maybe with a cool design of a face that won't give me nightmares.
Magical Abilities
If I can't remember something, it will remind me.
It can time travel (I'm not sure about this power. I have heard that entities that we create live on the astral plane and have no concept of time, therefor they exist within all time. If this IS the case, why has NO ONE created a servitor that just collects bits of data that will be Uber influential, such as super complicated math formulas, science stuff, technology blueprints etc.) At the very least, the servitor will be tasked with, including but not limited to external and inter dialogue, the books I read, conversations I have, classes I take.
It will give me instantaneous access to the information it is told to store (outlined above)
Any ideas?

Feeding Process
The power source is something I've been contemplating for a while. I understand that servitors require more energy the more they are expected to do. And I am expecting my servitor to do a lot. I have made multiple posts about creating a grid of sigils that would collect energy and transmit it to the servitor, possibly through some type of filtration system. I am thinking (correct me if I am wrong please) that the type of energy I feed my servitor should match the type of energy it will be using, so energy gathered at places people use their memory should work. Below is a list of places. Feel free to add anywhere I have not thought of. (If there is a book classifying the different types of energies that you can feed your servitor with suggestions as to where you can receive that type of energy from, I have not read it and would like to very much.)
University and Public libraries, maybe a High school library
University classrooms, University dorms, High school classrooms
Court rooms
Accountant Offices
Any business? I don't know how I feel about this one. Everyone has to use their memories every day so...

Life Span
I want my servitor to live as long as I do. Obviously there will be energy caps that makes sure it doesn't grow into something I can't control. (Maybe that energy can go towards making second level servitors that assist Memo with what I have tasked of it). Some people don't feel good about life- long entities; for these people, I am open to the possibility of every year, the entity transfers all of it's information, energy collected, alterations (any changes I decide to make along the way) into a new entity with a similar name, same powers, yada yada.

So, if anyone has anything they would like to add, feel free!

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: I'm going to make a Servitor. Comments appreciated.

To add on to this, I've just been poking around reddit, (I know, don't read everything you hear on the internet) and I came across this https://www.reddit.com/r/occult/comment ... ng_energy/
This is pretty much exactly what I want to do, but I don't want it to be public (so people can't mess with it). In the post, he talks about the "nodes" collecting energy and transmuting that energy before they send it anywhere. This seems like a step in the right direction, (So I can put up sigils anywhere, get any energy and transmute into the energy most useful to me) but if anyone has any reasons not to do this, I would ask you say so.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh my god I found the same post on this forum?!?!
http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... =9&t=36729
Although it didn't get many replies...

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:I am going to create a servitor. It is going to be for memory, preferably perfect recall between the servitor/ my memory.
Creations to do mundane tasks like this are, in my own opinion, a waste of time. For two reasons above many others.

1) You cannot create any form of psychic or astral entity that can do something that you cannot do, because you as the creator must be able to bestow a given skill upon your creation. If you do not have that skill, you cannot bestow it. The exception to this is Independent creations because you can send them out to learn things that you cannot teach them, but they are dangerous for someone at your level because they can easily and quickly grow to beyond your capacity to control.

2) It is, perhaps counter-intuitively to you at present, both easier and more efficient to develop faculties like this (Memory, Concentration, Comprehension) directly rather than using an artificial entity to operate as a mediator like this. Certainly, it is possible to do what you are trying to do, given sufficient skill. It is just bad training. For Memory in particular, I would recommend the book Memory: How to Develop, Train, and Use It by William Walker Atkinson. I can also say, both from personal experience and exchanging notes with several others, that if you develop the Plastic Imagination (as Bardon teaches with his Imagination exercises) by regular and strict practice, you will develop a photographic memory. For the Imagination Exercises, especially as Bardon teaches them, are just as much an exercise in Memory as they are in Concentration.

There are many good things to create a Servitor for. Guardian, Servant, Friend. I tend to think of mine as children of a sort, since they are born of my soul just as mortal children are born of my blood. But things like this, intentionally making something to mess around with your head, that's not something to do lightly.

~:Shin:~

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks Shin, yea I'm at Step 1 in the IIH and I can tell a difference in the short time I've been using it as far as concentration goes. A photographic memory is where most are my efforts are going right now in my life, magic or not. I have downloaded and will read that book and let you know how it goes for me. I have read that you have to have a skill before you can bestow it to your entity upon creation; I was hoping to either make one or multiple servitors each with my memory capabilities and they all answer to Mona, but that is also a little complicated.
I do understand that my first ritual shouldn't be raising the dead (Lvl 100 spel) so maybe the servitor I'm making should instead bring me books and friends that will help me increase my memory I guess? I get having to "learn at my own pace" but I am trying to figure out how to increase that, with photographic memory being something that does exist and something that will improve on one of my greatest weaknesses. If there was a book entitled "How to efficiently master creating servitors" I would have read it by now, so I'm grasping at the only straws I see in front of me here.
Again thanks for the information

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Perhaps you should read things like Practical Sigil Magic by Frater U.:D.: and gain a deeper understanding of basic Sigilcraft and Spellcraft before you work so hard on creating entities.

You could also always just psychically clone yourself for things like inner work, but I suppose that's a bit beyond the basics for most people too. [razz]

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Okay I just downloaded that :] only 150 pages, so very doable. Thanks for the recommendation and what you said about creating a psychic clone of myself for higher learning... intrigues me. I reeeeally like the sound of that. I hope that's in Practical Magic by Frater U.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Make sure you cleanse your unconscious mind before you make a servitor. You want to make sure it doesn't get out of control and go all poltergeist on your ass. It's happened to me before, not fun. PM me if you want some handy purification rituals.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Okay I just downloaded that :and what you said about creating a psychic clone of myself for higher learning... intrigues me. I reeeeally like the sound of that. I hope that's in Practical Magic by Frater U.
It's not in Sigil Magic. The ghosting technique is not something I learned from or have seen in any Western systems at all, but something I picked up during my explorations of Chinese, Korean and Japanese Magic. It's basically the historic, real magical root of the famous anime "bunshin" trope. There used to be a video on youtube where a guy taught part of the technique, but that's been taken down it seems.

For most it's basically just a esoteric way of dividing your attention, like how Sherlock can watch six TV shows, listen to three radios and read the news paper all at the same time without missing anything. Except you make a ghost of yourself, or rather a ghost of your mental body - which is kind of like a servitor except it's not because it's you - and it helps you with divided attention like that. Like, if I get lost, I can send a bunch of ghosts of myself down different routes to see what is there. When they come back and I reabsorb them, I absorb the information that they attained on their scouting. Or I can casually flip through a book, letting each page be imprinted in my unconscious mind with a glance, and leave a ghost of myself there to study the book and help me understand it better - because a photographic memory doesn't necessarily mean instantly and consciously understanding everything that's passively seen. [tongue] It's a neat skill with a lot of applications, but you don't really need to worry about skills like this much right now. Focus on your personal development and build a foundation first. When you've progressed later on through Bardon, or the equivalent training in some other system, you'll eventually run into all kinds of skills. Some far more impressive than this little ghosting thing.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Shinichi wrote:

For most it's basically just a esoteric way of dividing your attention, like how Sherlock can watch six TV shows, listen to three radios and read the news paper all at the same time without missing anything. Except you make a ghost of yourself, or rather a ghost of your mental body - which is kind of like a servitor except it's not because it's you - and it helps you with divided attention like that. Like, if I get lost, I can send a bunch of ghosts of myself down different routes to see what is there. When they come back and I reabsorb them, I absorb the information that they attained on their scouting. Or I can casually flip through a book, letting each page be imprinted in my unconscious mind with a glance, and leave a ghost of myself there to study the book and help me understand it better - because a photographic memory doesn't necessarily mean instantly and consciously understanding everything that's passively seen. [tongue] It's a neat skill with a lot of applications, but you don't really need to worry about skills like this much right now. Focus on your personal development and build a foundation first. When you've progressed later on through Bardon, or the equivalent training in some other system, you'll eventually run into all kinds of skills. Some far more impressive than this little ghosting thing.
So what you're saying is this ghosting technique would allow you to focus on multiple things at once"technically splitting your attention" while also allowing you to be present in each one of those copies?
With the ghosting and a photographic memory I feel like that would drastically improve my future, and if that really is just a "little ghosting thing" then I can't wait to see what else the future has in store for me. My horizons are getting brighter and brighter, thread by thread.
Thanks again for the responses.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:So what you're saying is this ghosting technique would allow you to focus on multiple things at once"technically splitting your attention" while also allowing you to be present in each one of those copies?
I can be present in each one like you seem to be implying (ie, Sherlock), but I do not have to be and usually prefer not to be. They are exceptionally weak thoughtforms (at least compared to my main body), so it's not like I'm actually cloning myself or dividing myself evenly. Still, each one is a thread of my core consciousness, whether I am fully aware of everything it does or not. That's why it's important to reabsorb them at the end of their tasks - everything they attained, which I wasn't paying attention to, becomes part of me once they come back inside me.

It would be a lot more useful if I could create astral ghosts instead of just psychic ones, but oh well. That degree of skill is above my current paygrade, and even just the mental ghosts have come in handy a few times.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

How have the mental ghosts come in handy? Other than proving to others that you have powers, a e "how many fingers and I holding up" or telling someone about whats on the tv in the next room while it is mute with the subtitles on?

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:How have the mental ghosts come in handy? Other than proving to others that you have powers, a e "how many fingers and I holding up" or telling someone about whats on the tv in the next room while it is mute with the subtitles on?
I don't need to ghost to do things like that, and I wouldn't do things like that as a demonstration anyway. I usually won't give demonstrations at all, because I have nothing to prove. Does Chuck Norris need to kill someone to prove that he can? No. So why do I need to do silly things to prove that I have power? I don't! [tongue] The only times I demonstrate my power are usually incidental. As in, someone just happens to be standing by when I'm doing something actually important.

So, what do I use the ghosts for?

They can contemplate on and analyze problems, to help me better understand the nature of a particular Mystery or to help me do homework on something mundane. Stand guard over a person, place or thing without me needing to Project and stand there myself. Answer the call when a person or a spirit reaches out to me for some reason, which is something that has happened more often than I've intended, but has come in particularly handy on a few occasions where a friend was in danger and a ghost came to them entirely unconsciously on my part. They can practice the piano or violin, practice martial arts techniques, and spar for combat experience. I've already said that I've used them as scouts, to explore a specific area and report back with information about it - this works in the Otherworld just as well as it works in this world. They can generally use the mental psychic skills I can use, which includes pretty much everything I've learned from Psionics, but the effects are not always as strong as they would be if I used the skill from my main body.

And for the most part, they can do anything that I can do during Mental Projection, Lucid Dreaming, or Image Training.

What they can't do is use any Astral or Physical powers, except those I am able to indirectly influence via my Mental Body. This is because they are Mental constructs. They cannot, for example, do any serious energy work, because that belongs to the Astral Body and Physical Body. There are many Rituals that they cannot do, because astral input is required. They are also very fragile, and can be banished or destroyed easily by typical exorcism methods (banishment, smudging).

The downsides, of course, do not really negate the benefits. I'm happy that I had the opportunity to learn this skill, but there are things that are far more important to train in. Like basic meditation, energy work, and fun things like Scrying.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'm not going to lie, that sounds badass. I look forward to sparing with myself in my mind while I read a book and go over the recipe for what I'm going to cook for dinner... at the same time... in different rooms [rofl] Just Cause.

Return to “Chaos Magick”