Chaos Servitors: A User's Guide by Phil Hine

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Chaos Servitors: A User's Guide by Phil Hine

Post by Cam Revillot »

Anyone know where I can pick up a copy?
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Chaos Servitors: A User's Guide by Phil Hine

Post by AbraxianChaos »

I had been looking for a copy for awhile as well. There were a few broken links out there, but nothing solid. I did read somewhere (I don't remember where) that the section on Servitors in Prime Chaos (or Over Ready Chaos) was a re-worked version of what was in Chaos Servitors, so it should be essentially the same information. That said, almost everything I've ever read on Servitors has been fairly similar once you get down to the root of it. My mind always wants to make it much more complicated than it actually is. Turns out it's just really simple and doesn't require a bunch of writing.

Now... if you ever find a pdf or a hard copy of Chaos Servitors... let me know... I still want to read it.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

AbraxianChaos wrote:I had been looking for a copy for awhile as well. There were a few broken links out there, but nothing solid. I did read somewhere (I don't remember where) that the section on Servitors in Prime Chaos (or Over Ready Chaos) was a re-worked version of what was in Chaos Servitors, so it should be essentially the same information. That said, almost everything I've ever read on Servitors has been fairly similar once you get down to the root of it. My mind always wants to make it much more complicated than it actually is. Turns out it's just really simple and doesn't require a bunch of writing.

Now... if you ever find a pdf or a hard copy of Chaos Servitors... let me know... I still want to read it.
Someone on reddit said they could send me a pdf once they return home from a business trip, so I'll send it your way once I get it.

I thought it was interesting that the psychonaut field manual says not to get too attached to it or give it a personality, yet this article said to give it a name.

Seems like opposite directions

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Yes, if you get a copy PLEASE send it my way... I'd appreciate it.

As far as giving it a name, I think it depends on the application of the servitor... and your preference. In Chaos Magick, whatever works for you... works.

I've read three books dedicated to nothing but Servitors... and they were all vastly different in how they approached every single aspect.

Your milage may vary... as they say.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

AbraxianChaos wrote:Yes, if you get a copy PLEASE send it my way... I'd appreciate it.

As far as giving it a name, I think it depends on the application of the servitor... and your preference. In Chaos Magick, whatever works for you... works.

I've read three books dedicated to nothing but Servitors... and they were all vastly different in how they approached every single aspect.

Your milage may vary... as they say.
Pm sent

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Hey,

Any chance I could get a copy of that too? I am just about to make a new servitor and I would love to hear Phil Hines ideas on it as I loved his other stuff. I have been using a modified version from psychonaut field manual, but I personally did use naming as I intend to keep these servitors for a while.

Would appreciate it.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

Micr0cosM wrote:Hey,

Any chance I could get a copy of that too? I am just about to make a new servitor and I would love to hear Phil Hines ideas on it as I loved his other stuff. I have been using a modified version from psychonaut field manual, but I personally did use naming as I intend to keep these servitors for a while.

Would appreciate it.
Sent

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Awesome. Interesting read. Reminded me to add more correspondences into my current project. Thanks.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

Any time. I'm all about helping and being helped!

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Cam Revillot, if you still have this laying around I would be delighted to read it.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

by any chance I could get a copy too? pretty please?

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

Sent

Return to “Chaos Magick”