Beginning my work with the Pyschonaught Field Manual

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Beginning my work with the Pyschonaught Field Manual

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Just started reading it tonight, started the focus/meditation techniques, and while it is way way to earlier to tell what deep secrets it might reveal, the writing and artwork are top notch. Having read the first couple pages I have committed myself to step 3 meditation training daily. Wish me luck.

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Beginning my work with the Pyschonaught Field Manual

Post by Micr0cosM »

The Psychonaut Field Manual is what turned me from reading about magick to practising magic, well along with Advanced Magick For Beginners by Alan Chapman. I think it turns the subject from being big and daunting to being fun and approachable. I hear a lot of people don't like it though as it is a bit simplistic and presents stuff in a weird order. People have issues with his updates to the seven circuit system also. However as long as its not the only text you work from then I think its awesome. The art is brilliant and really draws you in.

He is making a tarot deck too with the same art style, which I am keeping an eye on.
http://bluefluke.deviantart.com/art/Tar ... -665856701

Have you read Advanced Magick For Beginners?

Good luck with your meditation practice. :)
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

I did years of liber null first and as soon as I saw the field manual I was like "fuck, wish I read that first I could have been working my 3rd eye this entire time I was meditating..."
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Yeah, thanks for the heads up on this. I wish I had seen that years ago as well. It has really helped me make progress on meditation, to which I had previously given up. Turns out I was a level 3 already, so now its just putting in the practice.

A previous success I have had at reaching a nil-state mind always included intense workout sessions. Comparable to concentrating on breathing, the focus and no-mind is easily achievable. However, with this book, I can finally drop some of the superfluous actions and concentrate on reaching gnosis, faster, easier, and longer.

As to the practice, I meditate now every night, starting at 10 mins, working my way up. I am at 20 mins, with out a visual aid, and suddenly something strange has happened. I can remember my dreams. Now, that may now sound profound, but I haven't remembered the act of dreaming for over 10 years (due to medicines and the like). Now two weeks into meditating on the regular, and its coming back to me. The mind is a strange beast.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

I refer to the PFM occasionally. I like that it makes everything seem a little easier than Liber Null, which can seem daunting to a lot of people. I've currently been working my way through Liber MMM (as an IOT novice) while adding elements from other books (the Paradigmal Pirate, the PFM, etc.) and I have made a lot of headway. I still don't meditate as long as I would like to, I range from 10-30 minutes most days, but the quality of my meditations has increased. In most cases I reach a deep enough point that all is shut out and I find myself in a completely different place. Over the last few weeks I've been the recipient of all sorts of symbols I can't decipher yet... and even a divinatory system that I haven't quite learned yet. I have met several entities, who communicate in symbols that I don't understand. It seems frustrating, but it is a long way away from where I started.

And I too have begun to remember my dreams, which I had had issues with for at least the last 4 or 5 years.

So... yeah... also check out the Paradigmal Pirate by Joshua Wetzel. It's sort of a middle ground between Liber Null and the PFM. Lots of exercises on all the skills you'll need to become the magician you want to be.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Started reading Paradigmal Pirate on your recommendation Abraxian, its pretty decent. Thanks for the recommendation. Its pretty cheap on amazon for kindle.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Thanks for the recommendation AbraxianChaos. I will check out Paradigmal Pirate.

It is funny to me to have worked in a vacuum for so many years, and to now be inundated with source material.

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Whipped this guy up so I could stare at a clean version to firmly embed it in the mind's eye, before projecting during the meditation practices.
Attachments
square_circle_L.png

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Nicely done.

Thanks.

Return to “Chaos Magick”