Musical Sigils

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Musical Sigils

Post by Cam Revillot »

You can now have your statement of intent turned into a tune: http://www.chaostarot.com/musical-sigils/

It breaks the alphabet into 9 chambers like a magic square and then distributes accordingly across the 5 lines and 4 spaces of a musical staff.
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

Vap0rWar3
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Musical Sigils

Post by Vap0rWar3 »

Cam, I have no words. You are something else. Great work.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

This is cool. Funny enough I had devised a way of attributing letters to notes a couple weeks ago and performed a ritual that way, but your method is a bit different.

How did you come up with which letters to assign to which notes? Is it more or less random? My method was basically random.

I did find some correspondences of musical notes and the planets here: http://www.aleph9.com/Research/?page_id=100

The origin of those correspondences is from Alan Bennett's personal journal, as presented by Paul Foster Case.

I've done a little experimenting with composing based on those correspondences, and I plan to get more in-depth with it soon.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

I just played with this a little bit. This could be a very cool way of coming up with new musical ideas while sneaking a little magick in underneath. I sometimes create sigils and tape them to my guitar, to my amp, to my pedal board, etc., and then go to town putting myself into an ecstatic trance by improvising wildly. Once I reach that state I focus on the sigil and put all of the gathered energy into it until my mind comes back... or my fingers just give out.

This, however, would allow me to implant the statement of intent into the melody of a song... which might be interesting.

Good work!
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

Thanks everyone!
chowderpope wrote: How did you come up with which letters to assign to which notes? Is it more or less random? My method was basically random.
Like this:
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

Return to “Chaos Magick”