Servitor looks

Cerber

Servitor looks

Post by Cerber »

How does your servitor looks like?
Do you have(had) any servitors? Do they have(had) any "visual" representation?

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Servitor looks

Post by Micr0cosM »

I have always used animals for mine.

Usually I try to choose an animal that has characteristics similar to that of its purpose. For example, my first was a crow to help me find information of an occult nature.

Then I make a physical base out of clay that looks like the animal and I inscribe it with the servitors sigil. I destroy the physical base when I am done with the servitor.

I find it easier to visualise and interact with a servitor if they have a familiar form, and I find the act of creating a piece of art adds meaning and therefore power into the servitor and gives ritual more weight.

As I get results from the servitors I visualise the animal growing from a small one to an adult.

I have only made a few and haven't made any short term fire and forget type servitors as most have been for ongoing things.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

That's cool man.
Mine always been dogs. Only yesterday I thought maybe I should try a crow someday.
But it seems I always been doing it a bit "wrong". That concept of "servitor" as separate entity, construct, that's created and then destroyed is new to me.

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

Honestly I am not sure I am doing it completely right either. Most sources I read say to not name them or give them form as they can take on personalities and then act up if not given attention. The general advice I have read is to make them simple like an orb of light or something. When I started, I liked the idea of tulpas and the ability to have a palpable interaction with a created thought form but it might not be the best idea to go that way for a servitor with a simple function. I am still new to this so only time will tell if I messed up.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Mine is never separate entity, they are always part of me, in a way, more like an extra invisible arm, an extension. They are of me and they return to me, to the source. No destruction or deletion is required. But then again if they got beaten I will be waking up in pain the next morning, minor side effect [rolleyes]
You see? it's all wrong here [grin]

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cam Revillot »

Servitor as a jester to bring laughter and defuse situations https://imgur.com/gallery/CnFrh
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

I love it.

Return to “Chaos Magick”