Charging wholly digital sigils

egypturnash
Forum Member
Forum Member

Charging wholly digital sigils

Post by egypturnash »

I find myself circling back to wanting to do some sigils for a few things for the first time in a while - specifically, making a social media icon charged with intent.

Most of my minor spellwork has been in other paradigms lately, doing things like dumping energy into water or thin air and imbuing that with a desire. And while a lot of my sigil work in the past has a digital aspect to it (I'm an artist who primarily uses Illustrator so it's pretty natural for me to do the initial design work on a sigil in there, spending a while turning a little witchy-looking squiggle into an image), I've always ultimately brought my sigils out into paper and ink to charge them.

This one feels like it maybe needs to be 100% digital, since its working environment is going to be The Internet.

What strategies and methods have y'all used to charge up images that exist wholly in the evanescent realm of patterns of bits in a computer's memory and lights flickering on a screen?
egypt urnash • artistsilicon dawn tarot

Cam Revillot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Charging wholly digital sigils

Post by Cam Revillot »

I usually charge them the same as I would any sigil, picturing it in my mind during gnosis.
Occasionally I catch a vacuous charge by using it on my cellphone lockscreen, or as part of the unlock swipe code.

I also hear a lot about adding them subtly to memes or racy pics to get viral shares and eyes on tho, and some people even decide in their mind that charging their phone = charging the sigil and make it so.
Creator of Trinary Sigil Generator
Free sigil generator, tarot, rituals, runes, etc.

Cerber

Re: Charging wholly digital sigils

Post by Cerber »

I think it can depend on method used. If it's crafted using just some math, or worse - using some online tools, sigil generating apps and whatnot, then yes, it's just flickering pixels on the screen. But since I draw by hand, spending hours on every single line and curve, struggling and suffering creatively for days. the end result usually comes out as charged as any other way, at least, if not more.

Return to “Chaos Magick”