Power Stones

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Dreamshards8

I remember working with stones since i first was interested in the occult. I have a variety of small ones and use certain ones for certain magickal work but always use one stone in particular in every circle.

The stone that i get the most energy and balance from is Carnelian.

I was wondering from other people what their "power" stones are, or what stone they might feel the highest calling to.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Winnipeg1919

I have very strong attachments to both Lapis Lazuli and Bloodstone.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Eretik

Red jasper ,Obsidian and Baltic amber.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Scarlett_156

I have a number of stones that I use for various purposes. There are a few that work particularly well for me--talkin about stones here, not crystals: Bloodstone (I wear my bloodstone ring every day and use it for a handy scrying device), garnet, tiger eye, hematite, and moonstone. xoxo

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: bgruagach

For me it's tiger's eye and its kin falcon's/hawk's eye (tiger eye with a more bluish colour), hematite, moonstone, and amethyst (my birthstone.)

I also love working with quartz. It's the swiss-army-knife of stones.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Hanged_in_Glory

For a more mystical or "spiritual" setting - sugulite, chrysoprase, phenacite, (amplified with moldavite.)

For a harder edge, or the more "magickal" setting - iron/nickel meteorites, bloodstone, (amplified with moldavite.)

And to echo Bgruagach, there is always room for that most versatile of stones, quartz. Whether clear, phantom, smokey or whatever.....

HiG

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

[QUOTE=Scarlett_156;292335]I have a number of stones that I use for various purposes. There are a few that work particularly well for me--talkin about stones here, not crystals: Bloodstone (I wear my bloodstone ring every day and use it for a handy scrying device), garnet, tiger eye, hematite, and moonstone. xoxo[/QUOTE]

Tigers eye is another strong stone that works particularly well for me. I have a tinted blue tigers eye ring but i do not where it every day, only on special occasions since it so bulky.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Pope Spandex

Flint, its very useful when working with spiritual energies.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Eretik

I also have some tree resin pieces from a favourite grove,and a piece of blue stone with a quartz intrusion from Loch Lomondside,that are powerful for me.I often take home stones I find in special/favourite places.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Kilotonhe><

I prefer Ritulated Quartz Black obsidion and others.. I almost exclusivly work in stone and rock magic and probly have atleast a 50 lb stone alter with everything from marble to petrified wood in it. along with two large oden stones about the size of bowling balls.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: delepitorae

I prefer smoky quartz, jet, and spirit quartz. Of course, I love ALL stones. But these are the ones I'm particularly drawn to.

Delepitorae

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: chaogomu

Kilotonhex lies! I have seen the alter that he speaks of and there is no way that it is as light as he claims...

as to my own power stone I have recently found a melted piece of plastic that looks to have once been a pink pony. I believe that the little girl who once owned it has a brother.
the potential in this piece almost scares me.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

[QUOTE=delepitorae;294023]I prefer smoky quartz, jet, and spirit quartz. Of course, I love ALL stones. But these are the ones I'm particularly drawn to.

Delepitorae[/QUOTE]

I love smokey quartz also, unfortunately the only place to find them where i live is a new age store that sells humongous crystals of smoky quartz...and the price is much to expensive. I'm hopinh one day i will lay my hands on one though.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: lioncastle

I use moldavite to work my connection to other (non verbal) beings:
http://www.mineralminers.com/html/molmins.stm

Labradorite is probably my power stone, although like others here I love so many. I tend to a fiery, passionate nature so I don't work with carnelian, tiger's eye and bloodstone a lot; I do carry hematite which grounds me, and I scry with a sphere of gold flecked obsidian.

I find all the green stones so pretty; amazonite, malachite, jade...but, I'd say moldavite and Labradorite are the two I work with most intensely and personally.

lc

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: koolbear05

Amethyst, rose quartz, clear quartz loved them since I was a young child.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: SophiandtheApple

Stones and crystals are how I began practicing magic also. My most spiritually attuned are amethyst, garnet, rose quartz, carnelian, hematite, and picture jasper. My favorites for healing are clear quartz, rose quartz, malachite, and carnelian.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Aodh

Stones and crystals have always been a backbone to my ritual based work and even been involved in my energywork-- I grew up collecting stones and believing them to be magic in and of themselves, although over the years I've had some cosmology shifts. At the end of the day though, the stones I have the strongest connection to and enjoy working with most are:

a) Bloodstone. I've always loved this stone and mythological associations aside, it just strikes me as powerful, solid, and immensely focusing.

b) Smoky quartz. When I've done scrying, I have generally used either smoky quartz or obsidian, but otherwise, smoky quartz is a good clean, amplifier and grounder for me.

c) A chunk of meteorite-rock I picked up in Australia years back.

d) Garnet.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Sharandarikali

Labradorite, onyx (aka black marble) lava rocks, diamond, emerald and ruby. Diamonds are only useful if they are fresh and not handled too much, since they tend to record all information and are very difficult to clear.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Apsinthion

I remember the very first stone I really believed to have 'magic' power ... it was an irish 'worry stone' from the most beautiful light green connemara marble, which was my father's and I got when I was about 7.

The next stone I was attracted to, probably not until I was about 14, was Bloodstone, and it became an obsession to find the perfect pendant.

When I was about 21, I began to resonate strongly with Moldavite, but it wasn't until a few years later that I finally had a piece of my own. Now, Moldavite happens to be the most popular 'stone' I wear. Sometimes, however, it becomes a little much and I need to take a break. Then I wear either Jade or Bloodstone until I feel ready to return to the Moldavite. I find it helps increase the 'amplitude' of my experience.

I usually carry a double-terminated enhydro black tibetan quartz in my pocket also, but I've been wearing holes in all my pockets because of it. I do find, however, it works well in regards to transforming the energy of the Moldavite into a more 'digestable' spectrum.

When it comes to scrying, I have a 100% optically clear 3" quartz sphere (a HUGE improvement over the 6" austrian leaded glass, which I then traded to my chi-kung teacher for acupuncture), surrounded by two lemurian seed crystals and two tibetans. When I'm not using the sphere, I wrap it in pink silk, then wrap it again in black cloth, then place it between two large halves of an amythest thunder egg.

When I sleep at night there's a shiva-lingam stone rolling around under the sheets somewhere and lately I'm usually holding a spirit-quartz all the night long. It just feels really good in my hand, and when I wake in the night, giving it a little squeez and feeling all those little points seems to help ... with something.

There are other pieces here and there, but those are the most common. I usually work more with crystals then stones, but it is interesting to see that all the ones I hang around my neck are green.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Kilotonhe><

Well maybe your right Caogomu.. Its probly weighs more. Then again if anybody knows me for working stone it would be You.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Venefica

Blue topaz, amethyst, rock crystal, blue calsit, citrine and hematite is what I use the most but I will use the stone that most fit for the task at hand, or rock chrystal for generic stone workings.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Aradia

I like so many different ones. Lapis Lazuli is supposed to be the Goddess Diana's favorite, but I haven't gotten any Lapis yet. I don't know why. I like Black Tourmaline for protection or obsidian, but with tourmaline, you don't have to clean it.
My favorite is Amethyst. And, of course, my quartz crystal ball.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

I think you have to cleanse every stone, there is no stone I know of that o not need to be cleansed now and again, where have you got the information you do not need to cleanse tourmaline?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

Original post: Aradia

[QUOTE=Venefica;315361]I think you have to cleanse every stone, there is no stone I know of that o not need to be cleansed now and again, where have you got the information you do not need to cleanse tourmaline?[/QUOTE]

Thank you Venefica. I heard it from an old witch, but she could be wrong. So to be on the safe side then I will cleans it also.

Aradia:)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Power Stones

I have not worked allot whit tourmaline and for all I know it may be the old witch is right but I do not see why it should be so. I would cleanse it. But I may be wrong.

Return to “Witchcraft”