end of the world

General conversation and mundane matters.

weezyfosheezy
Forum Member
Forum Member

end of the world

Post by weezyfosheezy »

All time periods have their own theory just like to see when how if the end of the world will happen in you opinion.

delta S is greater then or equal to 0. A simple equation that states that disorder (chaos) will increase as time goes on. Sure it is a scientific axiom but who is to say it cant apply here. So as time goes on chaos will increase...so when will enough be enough. How much chaos can the Earth and it's inhabitants withstand before it fails.

It almost seems like we are in an adapt or die time only it doesnt look like we are doing a good job of adapting. 1 in 4 people have a mental disorder and the rest are insane [crazy].Evil seems to be getting the uperhand (soul-less corporations, poverty, dwindling natural reasources, ect. can we continue to take the path we are taking and just assume that it isnt the end of the world? Money is power and we seem to be giving it to too few people and can that small group be trusted with all that power?

So that is my opinion due to a natural law chaos will increase to the point when we cant handle it anymore and things will fall apart into oblivion. Who is to say we wont adapt to this increase of chaos but we arent going in the right direction and a man-made apocalypse might be around the corner.

What's your opinion? [grin2]

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: end of the world

Post by Madavascus »

Dear weezyfosheezy,

As far as the dreaded Eschaton goes, I join my mind with that of Hesiod's in his Works and Days: the current Iron Age generation of man will be destroyed by the Gods (or God, if you prefer) and a new Golden Age shall begin thereafter, following the excruciating transformation. This idea seems virtually universal among most eschatological theories, including the modern and post-modern ones. I do fear there will be a gargantuan amount of pain and suffering when the Day comes. We probably won't know what to do or where to go, despite our efforts to plan for its coming. Until then we can only hope that the Divine finds us at peace and harmony with Them, our fellow man, and the cosmos.
Incipit Chaos!

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

I think you have the understanding backwards. The nature of the universe at its lowest form is chaotic, however, as akin to entropy, the universe is always moving towards a more ordered state, and without the chaotic basis of the universe, it would eventually end in a stale ordered state.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

If Monsanto doesn't crush us all into starvation by creating a monopoly on all food (it's frightening how successful they've been), I think our planet will be less pretty but that we'll continue on like the idiots we've always been. =]

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

By the way, does anyone here have any opinions on whats going to happen on Dec 21 2012. I don't think anything will happen, but I do believe the whole thing will happen give or take a 100 years. I don't believe too much in the time keeping system, but the geology of the Earth,ancient mythology, and archeological findings, I believe its a logical to conclude that this is a cyclic event.

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Thrre is evidence of accelerated return of order as a system..

We see this in our continually improving technology..

We also see the tendency to more order through the concept of learning in humans and animals..

Trees start from a small seed.. which is minimum order and then they grow to large and vastly different via braches, rings and bark.. fruit or seeds nuts etc..

We see chaos and entropy in death of species.. and decomposition of objects...

So i think we should include both the idea of order and chaos in the ritual of the eschaton..

An eschaton, as previously stated could afterword signal a new birth or reberth from the ashes so to speak.. represented like a Phoenix!

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

by weezyfosheezy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:18 pm
I eagerly await the effects of the impending fiat dollar collapse and the unchecked invasion of hundreds of millions of third world aliens into the West.

As I suspect the effects will indeed appear something similar to the 'end of the world,' at least for those in the West.

However, for Eastern nations such as China, India, and a few others in nearby surrounding countries, it will be the beginning of a new world filled with hope and potentials previously not viable. I look forward to that time.

Analytic13
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Analytic13 »

Chaos exists as an absolute.. and that means it cant be denied.. but the meaning of chaos is very simple.. a choice between carrying on the order of things vs carrying forward into the chaotic time..

Although nothing was the first thing.. many believe chaos and order spawned ex nihilo.. and therefore chaos is a pure ground state of potential.. from which we work miracles and magic from..

Return to “Off-Topic”