Introduction to this Folder

For study and research groups.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Introduction to this Folder

Post by Nahemah »

As there has been some interest in Study Groups recently,we have set up this folder for members to enquire and connect with each other.

Please post your area of interest and perhaps a little explanation/background information etc. on why and what you want to research/study.

Enjoy. [thumbup]

[The usual forum rules apply.]

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Introduction to this Folder

Post by dRider »

For a very long time, I focused exclusively on Buddhism and the steadying of my mind. It was the only thing worth looking into, as far as I was concerned. After many years, I graduated myself to psychicism, but never got very far for lack of practice. I'd done a few circle rituals here and there, but never anything serious and never consistantly. Throughout my life I've found quantum physics interesting. Watching movies like What the Bleep Do We Know? incorporated meta magick into my thoughts, the magick of information and altering the very fibers of the universe with my will. Little did I know what others called it. These last few months, I've gotten into Chaos magick, particularly Shamanism.

I'm very interested in dreaming, and while I still learn this, that, and the other here and there, I'm dedicted to it till I get it down. My life's focus seems to be magick without props. I'm not against rituals and would love to learn them, as well. However, I'm partial to pure mental ability, preferring to work in ways that don't require items or "magick words." Chants are one thing, but I've never been one for flourishing incantations in the form of poetry. [happy] They've always been too long to remember well enough to use them in focusing my Self.

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

We can call the study group that you want to organize the group of pure mental ability, I have seen the word gnosis used to describe this, but I am not sure if thats the correct usage of the word. If the word fits, you could call this a study group of pure gnosis. Count me in, I am also serious student of gnosis or pure mental ability.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I'd like to join in too,but first I have to catch up with providing some information on threads and pms,which I am terribly behind with.I 'm sure you already noticed this dRider,lol.I have been hit with the busies IRL and need a metaphorical kick up the bum to motviate me,lol. [blush]

I promise I 'll be around more soon.

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

dodaive: Yeah, gnosis as a greek term meant intellectual knowledge and general talent or aptitude. It's also associated with the Christian concept of God himself giving knowledge directly, rather than the linear learning concept of modern science.

Nahemah:
[LBRP]
Invokes the Boot of Australia from Simpsons
[/LBRP]

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Nahemah wrote:I have been hit with the busies IRL and need a metaphorical kick up the bum to motviate me,lol. [blush]
Sending you energy now. Watch out it can be quite lockness monstering! Remember love?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Thanks you guys. [pray]

I do feel rather better now,you've helped a lot. [grin]

@akimbomoss ,I do and thanks for the song,it 's not my usual style of music,but I ilstened and appreciated it. [geek2]

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

Yay that means Nehamah is joining the study group [thumbup] good work Bomos and rider

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

Ya. No problem, dodaive.

The buddhas the world over have always described the human temple as all we really ever need to accomplish anything. Rituals help with focus, drugs force the mind/body reaction, and lots of things help fascilitate the magickal effect, but after awhile, an idea I've heard is that anyone should be able to outgrow needing these things. Like in Tantra, drugs give a taste of what the feelings and mind alterations are like (for me anyway). After taking mushrooms and acid, I know that giddy energetic feeling one first gets, like the first time you're home alone. If I look for this feeling, my perception changes from the DMT released from my pineal gland. It's not profound, but I end up thinking more clearly, having fewer preconceived notions and stuff. Sometimes it makes me increadibly terrified for no apparent reason till the trip wears down. I'm sure that after lots of training one can do lots of things, or change the realms of existence we perceive in the first place.

People who've meditated on releasing the natural DMT in our brains have reported speaking with humans from the near future, among other things.

What are ya'll take on this?

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

OK so maybe the first thing is finding words for all of the various states of mind that a person go into. You drider are the leader of the group though, how do you want us to prepare for our first session? Posting a curriculum or syllabus might be a great way to attract more participants.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

People who've meditated on releasing the natural DMT in our brains have reported speaking with humans from the near future, among other things.

What are ya'll take on this?
I have spoken with myselves from the near future.Does that count?

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

Yes, Nahemah, it most certainly does. How did you do it?

Hmmm, I'll write up a syllabus in the next 24h and post it tomorrow. It will take some thinking, I'm sure people would want to see ideas and suggestions, as well as well thought out descriptions, of what I'm talking about, not to mention us. preponderance...

Since I placed the study suggestion in the introductions, I suppose I'll put the syllabus in a new topic when I do post.

Meresis Wergamoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Meresis Wergamoth »

Very interesting, I can see already how collaboration can help being more effective into our studie.
Promising initiative, realy!

I would like a group studying evocation and extra-dimensionnal contacts in the perspectives of the left hand path Kabbalah, traditionnal witchcraft and necronomicon gnosis [grin]

I'll be looking at further développements :)
Frater E.L.M.W.O.O.D.S.

Are you awake? If your answer is yes, you are sleeping.

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

I would certainly like to see what that study group comes up with, Meresis. Except if the one I just made takes up all my hour and a half I get for computer time at the library daily, I'm in.

Meresis Wergamoth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Meresis Wergamoth »

Unfortunately it have too much interesting things to do in our short lifespan, that's precisely the reason why the quest for immortality is my main focus [eg]

So how do we start such a group, and how can I join yours?
Frater E.L.M.W.O.O.D.S.

Are you awake? If your answer is yes, you are sleeping.

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

Meresis: Join by reading up and responding, trying out what we and you come up with, and tell us your results. Start your own the same way I did mine, start a new topic under the forum, Study Group.

Dodaive: Curriculum is posted, hope it works. Any additions?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Yes, Nahemah, it most certainly does. How did you do it?
Through the judicious utilisation of Entheogens and the realisation that time is more circular than linear,under certain circumstances.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Nahemah wrote:Thanks you guys. [pray]

I do feel rather better now,you've helped a lot. [grin]

@akimbomoss ,I do and thanks for the song,it 's not my usual style of music,but I ilstened and appreciated it. [geek2]
I know this might be a bit off topic but this is about study groups and I just have to say...

The way we (CODS) sent you that energy is I see your avatar based on your picture. Then all of us interacted with you all day with jokes and fun stuff while we were getting things done. The memories of that day are accessible to you if you have the will to see it! I must admit that this method is more advanced than what I was doing before. We all Love ya!

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

What a bad time for me to start a study group...right when I find the most awesome training I've ever known.

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

What awesome training? tell me more

Asmus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asmus »

I love you. I come back after a long absence, and find this! THE EXACT REASON WHY I RETURNED! I love you like I do!
Caro m' è 'l sonno, e più l'esser di sasso,
mentre che 'l danno e la vergogna dura:
Non veder, non sentir, m' è gran ventura;
però non mi destar, deh! parla basso.

johnwaskins
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by johnwaskins »

Hello. I'd like to find some people to help me with some experiments in materialization between the macroscopic scale and the microscopic scale.

I've already done most of the work, and now I need others to test the use of the methods I've developed applied in other areas (besides materialization) to see if one can obtain results in general manifestation or subtle magick.

So far the people who have joined have either been used to Chaos Magick (using the Energy Model, Spirit Model or Information Model), or they their first experience with magick was through these experiments. I'm looking for others like that for these next sets of experiments.

Basically, these are the smallest visible manifestation-type demonstrations of magick one can see with the naked eye. So, although absolutely impractical, I would like to see if others can do other things (besides create grains of black sand appear, or physically merge with glass surfaces).

These experiments are very "out there", and very pioneering. So far, most of those who have tried to use these methods have succeeded, but it's still a very tough feat to pull off without training (for some reason, hearing the training seems to help more than reading about it does - something I should consider when making a written version of the method).

In this experiment we're not exactly challenging the maxim "matter can be neither created nor destroyed", because matter could just be transported from one place to another. In fact, it is unknown if this is indeed a paranormal feat of power, or if there is some scientific explanation behind this (quantum effects affected by brainwaves, or some other cause).

More investigation into the cause of this phenomenon is welcome, if one can use scientific equipment to verify these findings.

(do I just create a topic, or not?)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Please do create a topic,johnwaskins.

This is the introductory thread for the folder.Each group can have it's own thread and input is entirely up to the group creator/members.

Welcome. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Study Groups”