What happens if I do not re-absorb a servitor?

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

If anything is guaranteed at all.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

talus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What happens if I do not re-absorb a servitor?

Post by talus »

I've been using servitors for more than a decade now and I have no idea what you're talking about.
Where did you get this information about "re-absorb"?

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Pretty much every source on servitors says that once they've performed whatever function you've required you're supposed to reabsord the energy you put into them back into yourself. It doesn't surprise me that there are magicians that don't do this, but its really surprising there are practicing magicians that have never even heard of this.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

It depends on how powerful the servitor is and how powerful you are as to what will happen.

First let me say you do NOT always have to re-absorb. There are other ways of getting rid of the servitor.

Secondly, if the servitor is powerful enough then it can exist for a long time doing whatever it wants. What it wants to do has normally already been set up by you (the magician) or your sub-conscious mind. For example, if you made a servitor that was meant to harass your ex-girlfriend's life and you did not reabsorb it then this servitor would continue to do it's job until one of the following happened:

a) Your ex-girlfriend was "cleansed" in some way.
b) Your energy ran out.
c) The servitor's energy ran out.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

I see. The reason I ask is because my servitors feel in a way like my children or pets, even if they're "all grown up" I don't feel like taking their life force away. I have no qualms with them hanging round, helping other people or just building on themselves in whatever way the univere dictates.

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

By all means that is understandable. Although there is a few drawbacks.

One is that the servitors will look to you for more energy when they run out for whatever reason. Meaning you might have sudden withdrawals of energy at times. Because of this you may want to add a ritual in there when you create your servitors that has them rely on energy from something other than you.

talus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by talus »

Muloc7253 wrote:Pretty much every source on servitors says that once they've performed whatever function you've required you're supposed to reabsord the energy you put into them back into yourself. It doesn't surprise me that there are magicians that don't do this, but its really surprising there are practicing magicians that have never even heard of this.
Conformity and I do not get along. ::)
For example, if I send off a servitor to .... uhhh .... God? And God can recognize a servitor so he (or she / it) puts in some really nasty energy into the servitor, or goes one step further and totally overpowers it, redefining the whole friggen thing on the sole purpose of me "reabsorbing" said servitor.

Granted the chances of that happening are not too likely but I think I'll take a step back from conformity, set down the textbooks, think for myself and not follow orders. I'll live longer that way. This way if (when) God ever does piss me off and I feel like slapping him (or she / it) in the face then I'm probably still going to die but at least it won't be a death by mistake. Especially one as ridiculous as not thinking for myself long enough to look beyond what is typed in a textbook. You won't get very far doing that. (especially if you're a discordian or someone on the LHP)

O0
teehee

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I get a new friend to play with. [greensmile]

As talus and kkira2 say,there are other ways to set them up and/or let them go.

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chao ... frank.html

If you haven't already,Muloc,get yourself over to the chaosmatrix and read around.Then go do some stuff,expreiment and extrapolate,as that's actually where the learning happens. [thumbup]

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/sseg.php
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Kalcolindo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kalcolindo »

Why not bind it to a piece of jewelry that absorbs ambient energy around it?
Binding it should lower the amount of energy required for it to exist, and you would give it a physical body that way.
"On Earth as in heaven" - Scion adopted proverb.
"Strife and Glory" - Fifth Mantra of the Scion Creed.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

What about binding it to an Orgonite collector?

Just a thought... [eek]

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Howabout binding a crystal?

Kalcolindo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kalcolindo »

Muloc7253 wrote:Howabout binding a crystal?
Yes, as I said, a piece of jewelry.
Decent quality glass could also work, completely empty, no energy to align with.

Just remember to make a proper behaviour for the energy absorption, you could also keep working on the servitor and see how it evolves.
Who knows, with proper care it may turn into something spectacular.

But the more complex it becomes, the more energy it will require for its upkeep.
"On Earth as in heaven" - Scion adopted proverb.
"Strife and Glory" - Fifth Mantra of the Scion Creed.

Vulpecula
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vulpecula »

it is all in the programming..

Obviously a servitor that is created to bring you a certain product is going to require less upkeep, also less to absorb than one whom is charged with protection.

I myself do not absorb servitors either, they stay with me, they also all have alternate energy sources, and if the time comes when one becomes dangerous to me, I shall deal with it at that point, however I do not believe it will come to that.

I also recommend the chaosmatrix.org website, also ebooks may provide some enlightenment, or better yet.. Ask the servitor what he/she thinks.
°I have left this forum, or was driven out if you will. You will not get a reply to messages or posts°
° Vulpecula °

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

A few people mentioned other sources of energy for servitors to draw from other than myself...any good examples?

zorak
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zorak »

You can have them take energy from pretty much anything with energy. Different types of energy may have different effects. Check this out :

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... =9&t=34140

I made an object that holds a servitor/construct, that makes feeding it rather interesting. You could water it like a plant, if you like. This could potentially add to the construct seeing as watering it would be a ritualistic activity. Giving it acknowledgment empowers it.

Jack-o-diamonds
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jack-o-diamonds »

OH GOD i just typed up and bunch and lost it >:|

anyway, i have personally found that offerings provide a good energy source.

i personally also do not wish to reabsorb my servitor. it was not created just for one specific task, but basically to perform any task i might see fit, and thus can continue to be useful to me.

one way i provide it more energy is daily offerings, which often include a drop of blood.

such as with mojo hands in hoodoo, whiskey is also good for this. and if anyone tries to tell me that whiskey doesn't have energy in it :P i highly disagree. i made mojo hands for several people, which are quite a lot like servitors if not the same thing, and they continue to work so long as the people continue to put a couple drops of whiskey on it a week.

so in my opinion... feed it and it won't eat you.
"oh, thou clear spirit, of thy fire thou madest me, and like a true child of fire, i breathe it back to thee."

sylas vael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sylas vael »

yeah, i have never & would never "re-absorb" one of my servitors. they are my creations, my children. i gave them life for a reason & i let them live out their life. i have never had one turn on me, but i don't think i would destroy it unless it became a serious threat.

i should also mention that some of my servitors have only been temporary, given short term existence depending on their task/function. those were programmed to live until they completed their task/function. while others i have created for long term use & have been around for years.

zorak
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zorak »

Jack-o-diamonds wrote:OH GOD i just typed up and bunch and lost it >:|
one way i provide it more energy is daily offerings, which often include a drop of blood.
such as with mojo hands in hoodoo, whiskey is also good for this. and if anyone tries to tell me that whiskey doesn't have energy in it :P i
Blood is fantastic. I use blood in almost all of my servitors, but I've never heard of whiskey. What about whiskey gives energy? Not saying I disagree, I'm just curious. O0

Jack-o-diamonds
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jack-o-diamonds »

zorak wrote:
Jack-o-diamonds wrote:OH GOD i just typed up and bunch and lost it >:|
such as with mojo hands in hoodoo, whiskey is also good for this. and if anyone tries to tell me that whiskey doesn't have energy in it :P i
Blood is fantastic. I use blood in almost all of my servitors, but I've never heard of whiskey. What about whiskey gives energy? Not saying I disagree, I'm just curious. O0
i know when i have whiskey i get energy XD

no but srsly, it is highly believed in hoodoo that whiskey can give life to the spirits inside a mojo hand. they call it the 'water of life'. as to the reasons why, i couldn't say for sure. i'm sure there's a ton of things they use in hoodoo just because it 'feels right'. i'd have to say that, though it isn't as personal and doesn't have the same amount of energy desired by a creation, whiskey, in my experiences, is almost as good as blood. guess i just always felt a crazy amount of energy in it which was confirmed when studying hoodoo that others believed so also.
"oh, thou clear spirit, of thy fire thou madest me, and like a true child of fire, i breathe it back to thee."

zorak
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zorak »

Oh, right on. I'll have to try that out.
[yay]

Yekaterina
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yekaterina »

When I don't need a servitor anymore, I put him in a hibernation state. When a servitor hibernates, the amount of energy required for him to survive drops to about 5%. Thinking about him once in a while seems to provide enough energy for the servitor to stay alive.
Good thing about this is that even though he hibernates, servitor is semi conscious and able to gain knowledge about the world.
If I need the servitor again, all I have to do is "reactivate" him. When he wakes up, he is a lot smarter than he was before.

Commander Chaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Commander Chaos »

I would never absorb a servitor unless they wished to be absorbed, all my servitors with the exception of darkside (a Jiang shi, shadow servitor for dealing with shadow spirits) are all partially absorbed within me. This was their decision.If they want to wake up and go do stuff they can but it seems that they don't. Once they have been created I feel It isn't right to just take away their consciousness away from them. I like them, they are great guys.

I was never an asshole to them so I never had to worry about any of them turning on me. I never bossed them around like my friends did with their servitors, I asked mine to help me, and they did, when I didn't need help I just let them do their own thing. Some of them even visited me and friends while in an odd disguised, heavily glamoured human form, So glamoured that they appeared completely different to everyone who saw them. It was weird. I don't think that a servitor should always be 100% reabsorbed unless thats what the servitor wants, this all depends on the person and servitor. You just need to create them to be self reliant. I've never been drained by any of my thoughtforms but I have had friends who have had bad experiences with theirs. My would actually practice rituals like an old ghost. they would feed off of nearby electricity and I'm guessing that they hung out with ghosts because they seemed to practice rituals alot like the old ghosts, they would do things like like rearrange objects in abandoned places in order to bind themselves here.

Return to “Chaos Magick”