house drakes? u try it?

Jack-o-diamonds
Forum Member
Forum Member

house drakes? u try it?

Post by Jack-o-diamonds »

hey everyone. i've been working with a house drake for a few months and wanted to know what other people have experienced if they also have worked with them.
"oh, thou clear spirit, of thy fire thou madest me, and like a true child of fire, i breathe it back to thee."

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: house drakes? u try it?

Post by Nahemah »

I'm not sure what a house drake is,exactly?

One of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_%28fairy%29
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Drakes sound cool.I've not experienced these exactly,but...

I have a house fetish spirit and his subordinates are house fetches.

They have their own objets de residence,of their personal choice to which they are bonded.

They are the guardians of our hearth and they are part of the fabric of our reality,within the home.

My home is also my inner sanctum,so it's warded and protected,as a matter of course.I live in a high energy zone which is also the heart of the Urban Jungle.

It get's crowded on the Astral Superhighway near here and I am not a rest stop for weary travellers,lol... [greensmile]

[wait,that's an idea,actually...innit?,lol... [crazy] ]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Jack-o-diamonds
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nahemah wrote:I'm not sure what a house drake is,exactly?

One of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_%28fairy%29

yus, exactly. and the house fetishes sound interesting, how did you come up with the term?
"oh, thou clear spirit, of thy fire thou madest me, and like a true child of fire, i breathe it back to thee."

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I didn't.
fetish or fetich (ˈfɛtɪʃ, ˈfiːtɪʃ, ˈfɛtɪʃ, ˈfiːtɪʃ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— n
1. something, esp an inanimate object, that is believed in certain cultures to be the embodiment or habitation of a spirit or magical powers
2. a. a form of behaviour involving fetishism
b. any object that is involved in fetishism
3. any object, activity, etc, to which one is excessively or irrationally devoted: to make a fetish of cleanliness

[C17: from French fétiche , from Portuguese feitiço (n) sorcery, from adj: artificial, from Latin factīcius made by art, factitious ]
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fetish

Fetches are a part of my local culture and customs.Housing them in objects,is not new or of my own creating either. [thumbup]

Jack-o-diamonds
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nahemah wrote:I didn't.
fetish or fetich (ˈfɛtɪʃ, ˈfiːtɪʃ, ˈfɛtɪʃ, ˈfiːtɪʃ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— n
1. something, esp an inanimate object, that is believed in certain cultures to be the embodiment or habitation of a spirit or magical powers
2. a. a form of behaviour involving fetishism
b. any object that is involved in fetishism
3. any object, activity, etc, to which one is excessively or irrationally devoted: to make a fetish of cleanliness

[C17: from French fétiche , from Portuguese feitiço (n) sorcery, from adj: artificial, from Latin factīcius made by art, factitious ]
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fetish

Fetches are a part of my local culture and customs.Housing them in objects,is not new or of my own creating either. [thumbup]
hah sorry, i didn't quite mean if you made up the term or not. it's just i'm used to the term fetish as being native american, where i am, but i guess it's universal.

Edit: also not saying that fetish is a native american term lol i just mean that term was given to the stone animals of the zuni and other tribes.

Return to “Witchcraft”