Chosen by a god???

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Chosen by a god???

Post by Serenitydawn »

Have any of you have ever had a god choose you as opposed to you choosing a god? Or have heard of it. Just curious. [tongue]
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. ~ H.P. Lovecraft

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Chosen by a god???

Post by TheSeeker »

Yeah.
Why? :)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Me too,apparently enough to start a fight between two of em,lol.But seriously. [shock2]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

hobotubbie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hobotubbie »

Jelly gods Naehmah :(

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

TheSeeker wrote:Yeah.
Why? :)
I've had four choose me, just wondered if others had similar experience. [grin]
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. ~ H.P. Lovecraft

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Serenitydawn wrote:I've had four choose me, just wondered if others had similar experience. [grin]
I got whammied by one a bunch of years back. However, the interesting thing is that the more I began to explore the implications of the relationship, the deeper the roots of that experience appeared to travel. My experience has since evolved into a different yet related deity, who is essentially the same archetype. What has also become clear is that the archetype has been with me all along in one guise or another. It's really very weavey and webby if you follow me.
[eek]
[cool2]

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

TheSeeker wrote:
Serenitydawn wrote:I've had four choose me, just wondered if others had similar experience. [grin]
I got whammied by one a bunch of years back. However, the interesting thing is that the more I began to explore the implications of the relationship, the deeper the roots of that experience appeared to travel. My experience has since evolved into a different yet related deity, who is essentially the same archetype. What has also become clear is that the archetype has been with me all along in one guise or another. It's really very weavey and webby if you follow me.
[eek]
[cool2]
Cool, I understand what you mean. Has it stayed in the same pantheon or branched out? I've also had one with me all my life. All mine have been Egyptian. Though I did invoke Cthulhu once, but only for a few minutes. [grin]

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

People do not choose their totem animal, it chooses them. I see no reason why it might not be the same with Devic powers in some cases. Even in Yahwist religions predestination is an established doctrine.

Nahemah, which two gods were fighting over you? (I think this could be very revealing!)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Nahemah, which two gods were fighting over you? (I think this could be very revealing!)
Maybe,but probably not,lol.

I work from a Norse perspective mostly,but I'm also a Celt,so it could be a mixed metaphor.Hehe.

What do you think Asendura,any ideas?

I'll come clean,but first I'm interested in knowing why it would be revealing,if you don't mind? [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

The reason it is revealing is because it shows where your dominant connections and inclinations lay. If Thor and Zeus are fighting over you then it says something different than if Aphrodite Pandemos and Olokun think you should be 'theirs.'
So far as I am aware no higher powers have contended over me. But, I worship Lord Shiva so who is going to contend with Him?

Anonyma
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anonyma »

Asurendra wrote:The reason it is revealing is because it shows where your dominant connections and inclinations lay.
Is this a common way to see it? As opposed to 'mysterious reasons no human could understand' or the like. As far as you know, of course.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Yup.

I was claimed by one and chosen by another. Of course - they're in opposition. ugh. Makes for fun times [sarcasm]
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

No gods, no Interference [crazy]
bye bye

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

The gods of Chaos and Chance grabbed me a few years back, and have never left. They dont have names, and their appearance differs every time I see them, but they have kept me safe from harmful events and the like, and were very usefull when I wanted time to myself when I was married. I dont so much 'pray' to them as converse with them in the wee small hours. Works for me.

Return to “Shamanism”