jesus sent me wise story

General conversation and mundane matters.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

jesus sent me wise story

Post by cactusjack543 »

"Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began, "I'll open up your
heart..."

"You'll find Jesus there," the boy interrupted.

The surgeon looked up, annoyed. "I'll cut your heart open," he
continued, "to see how much damage has been done..."

"But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there."

The surgeon looked to the parents, who sat quietly. "When I see how much damage has been done, I'll sew your heart and chest back up and I'll plan what to do next."

"But you'll find Jesus in my heart. The Bible says He lives
there. The hymns all say He lives there. You'll find Him in my heart."

The surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell you what I'll find in
your heart.

I'll find damaged muscle, low blood supply, and weakened
vessels. And I'll find out if I can make you well."

"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives there."

The surgeon left.

The surgeon sat in his office later, recording his notes from
the surgery, "...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle degeneration. No hope for transplant, no hope for cure. Therapy:

painkillers and bed rest.

Prognosis:, " here he paused, "death within one year." He
stopped the recorder, but there was more to be said."Why?" he asked aloud.
"Why did You do this? You've put him here; You've put him in this pain

The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My lamb, was not meant for

your flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will
forever be Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you cannot imagine. His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace, and My flock will continue to grow."

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his anger was hotter. "You
created that boy, and You created that heart. He'll be dead in months. Why?"

The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock, for he has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."

The surgeon wept. The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the
boy's parents sat across from him. The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"

"Yes," said the surgeon. "What did you find?" asked the boy.

"I found Jesus there," said the surgeon.

Author Unknown

not nessarially trying to be religious but somewhat positive over the holidays

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: jesus sent me wise story

Post by Muloc7253 »

God could have just, you know, TOLD the doctor himself. He didn't need to kill a young boy. Thats awful. How is this a positive story? [confused] God gave a little boy cancer to prove that he exists? What a disgusting god.

They cut the story short too - after telling the boy he found "jesus" in his heart he then needed to go on and tell him that jesus gave him cancer and wanted to kill him soon.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Muloc7253 wrote:God could have just, you know, TOLD the doctor himself. He didn't need to kill a young boy. Thats awful. How is this a positive story? [confused] God gave a little boy cancer to prove that he exists? What a disgusting god...
Dude, you are so sensitive! --not that that is a criticism. [razz] But, I do think that you're permitting your moral outrage to cloud your vision. I agree it's kind of harsh, but I think that the kid is actually an avatar sent to enlighten the surgeon, who has lost his faith to scientific study.
The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock, for he has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."
Like I said, I agree it's kind of harsh, but no moreso than anything else in the Bible; plagues of boils, locusts, first-born sons being killed. In fact, if one considers the tale to be written in the style of a biblical parabel, then really it is spot on with what one would expect from Yahweh.
My .02 [geek2]
cactusjack543 wrote:...not nessarially trying to be religious but somewhat positive over the holidays
Happy New Year, Jack! [cool2]

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

some of the miraculous stories of children dieing find no hope to survive no honor is found as children no morality or rare. seems to me god created the child to go on a mission of gods. to bring back a lost and forgotten sheep. childs soul purpose. the child as he wait for the doctor found his life was complete. that he achieved what some try to achieve their whole lives purpose. he left this world whole and complete with not one worry.

i could imagine doctors stories to children as to set them and their families at ease. to bielieve your child was blessed and on a mission from god, would set a childs mind in an appropriate setting for his last days.

millions of children die every year in poor countries. this here is but chosen path. most these children die with no hope no nothing just emptyness.

if you were a doctor what would be your remarks to the child and his family.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

Muloc7253 wrote:God could have just, you know, TOLD the doctor himself. He didn't need to kill a young boy. Thats awful. How is this a positive story? [confused] God gave a little boy cancer to prove that he exists? What a disgusting god.

They cut the story short too - after telling the boy he found "jesus" in his heart he then needed to go on and tell him that jesus gave him cancer and wanted to kill him soon.

hi muloc you do caos eh good for you. i suppose ya heard stories about me bieng religious. 1 st post in 2 years on religion hope didnt wait to long. wander if others gave up talking about religion to me. the dark side of life we may travel by but rarely appreciate it so dont get involved with it. no one ever likes a bible thumper sorry if the post bothers you muloc its rare i do this

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

millions of children die every year in poor countries. this here is but chosen path. most these children die with no hope no nothing just emptyness.

if you were a doctor what would be your remarks to the child and his family.

I think I'd be inclined to agree with you Jack.I'd let that boy keep his belief and know he died comforted.What I think about his belief dosen't matter here.He's dying and he's at peace with that and whatever that peace comes from is not for me to judge.

The story is a metaphor and it's a Christian theme,but the point I take from it is not a Christian one,specifically,it's a Humanitarian one.There is nothing to gain from pushing the reality of the medical science over the 'illusion' of the spiritual comfort of the dying child.IMMV,of course.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

cactusjack543 wrote:hi muloc you do caos eh good for you. i suppose ya heard stories about me bieng religious. 1 st post in 2 years on religion hope didnt wait to long. wander if others gave up talking about religion to me. the dark side of life we may travel by but rarely appreciate it so dont get involved with it. no one ever likes a bible thumper sorry if the post bothers you muloc its rare i do this
I don't care what anyone says, Dude. I think you are wonderfully articulate.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

I was speaking a little venomously tbh, I do understand the sentiment of the story, I just disagree that thats how a loving god would behave. You shouldn't apologise for posting and you can be as religious as you want [tongue] I didn't know you were religious and I don't care either way, some of my best mates are christians and muslims. Partly yoshing, partly criticising christianity in a way, but I don't have any animosity towards you [tongue]
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Return to “Off-Topic”