Forgetting sigila

Santiago
Forum Member
Forum Member

Forgetting sigila

Post by Santiago »

Ok, so I am planning to use a sigil to achieve something within myself. Thing is I already know what my desire is, which could make forgetting it very difficult or maybe even impossible. I want the effect of this sigil to last for a week, and i've been planning the activities of this week for a while now, all of them being related to my desire which, as I see it, makes the forgetting part even trickier. What is it exactly that which i need to forget? Is it the overall notion of the desire, the desire on a more concrete level, the sentence used for the sigil or the pictorial sigil itself?

I've read the book of pleasure and due to its cryptic rhetoric and my precarious understanding of the english language I've been unable to grasp this part of the method to a satisfactory extent. I'm also reading Liber Null, but the part on Liber MMM regarding sigils didn't clear this for me. Any help?

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Forgetting sigila

Post by beero »

I don't think you need to forget about the desired outcome completely, just as long as your not always obsessing and waiting for the result to happen. I saw ross jeffries in a video clip about magick saying to take the attitude of both non disinterest and non attachment to the result you want, which seems a good idea. just carry on as normal and see if things turn out the way you want
Its often recommended when you start using sigils and things to try and get a result you're not too bothered about but that you would still like, and that isn't too unlikely to happen, so I think if you're trying to influence events a lot and you're new to this stuff it might be hard to get the result you want

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Forgetting sigila

Post by Muloc7253 »

As far as I'm concerned you should be now acting in a way as though the result is already set to happen. All you have to "forget" about is the magic/sigil/ritual part. Obsessing over the result, subconsciously questioning whether or not the magic will work, is what will cause problems. You can by all means think about the thing that will come as a result because you should be acting as though its definitely coming your way at the right time.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Return to “Chaos Magick”