Question regarding the spirit of the dead

Napeai Zong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Question regarding the spirit of the dead

Post by Napeai Zong »

So I know if I'm rude with the spirit of the dead it will be visible for the dwellers of the astral plane. In the past I've been rude to many spirits because I was an asshole back then. Kinda. Now I want to take necromancy seriusly but before I start I want to say sorry to the spirits I offended. What are the best ways to do so? I think food and drink sacrifice would be a good idea, but anything else I can do to correct my wrong decisions?

entropic

Re: Question regarding the spirit of the dead

Post by entropic »

Napeai Zong wrote:So I know if I'm rude with the spirit of the dead it will be visible for the dwellers of the astral plane. In the past I've been rude to many spirits because I was an asshole back then. Kinda. Now I want to take necromancy seriusly but before I start I want to say sorry to the spirits I offended. What are the best ways to do so? I think food and drink sacrifice would be a good idea, but anything else I can do to correct my wrong decisions?
How do you know? ,)

I never heard that theory before and I never worried about anything seeing what I'd done either, just worry about this if you run into something that seems to remember you from the old days?

Napeai Zong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napeai Zong »

xaarea wrote:
Napeai Zong wrote:So I know if I'm rude with the spirit of the dead it will be visible for the dwellers of the astral plane. In the past I've been rude to many spirits because I was an asshole back then. Kinda. Now I want to take necromancy seriusly but before I start I want to say sorry to the spirits I offended. What are the best ways to do so? I think food and drink sacrifice would be a good idea, but anything else I can do to correct my wrong decisions?
How do you know? ,)

I never heard that theory before and I never worried about anything seeing what I'd done either, just worry about this if you run into something that seems to remember you from the old days?
Not exactly, I just don't want to start necromancy while according to my aura I'm a complete asshole with spirits.

entropic

Post by entropic »

Ok, so how do you know your aura shows that?

Napeai Zong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napeai Zong »

xaarea wrote:Ok, so how do you know your aura shows that?
According to my Highpriestess. You may disagree, but I have very much trust in her and for reason. Her exact words: "Being rude will give your aura a bad vibe on the astral and future attempts at contact or invocation of other spirits may be thwarted. "

entropic

Post by entropic »

Ok, was just that I wanted to know... if it was you or somebody else that said this. :)

As for your high priestess, she is good at self-fulfilling prophecies, at least. If you think you'll fuck up you are far more likely to do so, and also interpret everything that happens in the light of 'they are going to hate on me for what I did before'.

Just set out to prove her wrong, would be my advice. Or forget it and move on. Trying to make some general apology sounds like trying to apologize to humanity in total for something you did to some classmates years earlier.

Napeai Zong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napeai Zong »

Good example I give you that, still I think I need this to move on. Anyway itt happened years before, I don't think it could affect me now, but I want to make peace with them, or with myself but to be honest I don't really have much regrets. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.:)

entropic

Post by entropic »

Napeai Zong wrote:Good example I give you that, still I think I need this to move on. Anyway itt happened years before, I don't think it could affect me now, but I want to make peace with them, or with myself but to be honest I don't really have much regrets. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.:)
So more some symbolic thing? Then make some ritual yourself that seems fitting, just think some about exactly what type thing you want to apologize for and take it from there. As in, what did you do and why, and why you aren't going to repeat it + eventually some gift/offering/sacrifice.

Personally I think you'll be fine either way, especially since you have little regrets [grin]

Napeai Zong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napeai Zong »

xaarea wrote:
Napeai Zong wrote:Good example I give you that, still I think I need this to move on. Anyway itt happened years before, I don't think it could affect me now, but I want to make peace with them, or with myself but to be honest I don't really have much regrets. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.:)
So more some symbolic thing? Then make some ritual yourself that seems fitting, just think some about exactly what type thing you want to apologize for and take it from there. As in, what did you do and why, and why you aren't going to repeat it + eventually some gift/offering/sacrifice.

Personally I think you'll be fine either way, especially since you have little regrets [grin]
It can work i think, I thought the same thing more or less. :)

entropic

Post by entropic »

Napeai Zong wrote:
xaarea wrote:

It can work i think, I thought the same thing more or less. :)
Yes, I misunderstood a bit what you were trying to do. This is to end something and start on a new page in a way, it will work fine. :)

Napeai Zong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napeai Zong »

Exactly. Thanks for the conversation. :)

Return to “Witchcraft”