Experiences with shamans mirror?

Akka
Forum Member
Forum Member

Experiences with shamans mirror?

Post by Akka »

Does anyone have experience with working with a shamans mirror (melong/toli)? I have a toli from tibet, i haven't used it much in healing, but resently I did. There was a "clinging" spirit on the person I was treating, I had some trouble getting it off. My toli made itself known (had it on the altar, not on me) and i took it up. Supposedly when you hold it up to a negative spirit they will get scared of their reflection and flee (have one experience of this), but this one just grew in size! My helping spirits kinda just watched me, this was maybe a sort of test. Finally I got the clingspirit trapped in the mirror, released it into my drum and banged it into the ground. Then i cleaned the mirror.

What do you think of this? Do you have any experience or knowledge about working with this tool? I have used mine mostly to "collect" power and soulparts (a couple of times).

zard

Re: Experiences with shamans mirror?

Post by zard »

Interesting. Yes and no. I give no credence to such things on the level of spirits being in the least bit responding to reflections but there are some interesting facts relating to these mirrors, shamanism, and its origins. In the foothills of the Himalayas are several subspecies of macaque that are crystal gazers. They have among the tribal structures the first examples of shaman. These are individuals as distinct as the more frequently referenced 'alpha' and serve as important a function as those individuals in the survival of the tribe. No studies besides my own have been done on these primate shaman as far as I know. I do think it is because it would reveal there is very little unique about our species.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Experiences with shamans mirror?

Post by Asurendra »

I have never worked with a mirror in this manner. It is an interesting possibility. If it worked for you then it is good and you should continue to explore the possibilities. Ask your totem what he thinks.

Return to “Shamanism”