What is the easiest spell??

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

shazwie
Forum Member
Forum Member

What is the easiest spell??

Post by shazwie »

I am wondering what is the most easiest spell and how can it be done?? well for one thing......in my religion now i would be hated by everyone if someone were to know on what i am doing so (wow.....a sudden black bee just buzzed up me and suddenly vanished...cool..) i would want to know the most easiest spell and hopefully the one that does not do any damage to others and hopefully quick and easy...that is just what i want ...EASY...

Frater_NT

Re: What is the easiest spell??

Post by Frater_NT »

Easy? Do you want easy, or just lazy? Occultism isn't easy and anyone who tells you otherwise is flat out lying to you. Besides, why not challenge yourself? Being that magic and the occult are not simple and easy, wouldn't you feel more accomplished by training and doing the hard work?

Fr. N.'.T.'.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

NT is right, there's nothing simple or easy about occultism. In fact my experience has been that there's very little you can obtain by magic with less effort than you would expend obtaining it the normal way. A 'spell' is nothing but a set of symbols/words/movements designed to serve as a focus for the raising and directing of willpower and energy, it's not a recipe, and if you haven't learned how to interact with the forces behind it, the spell itself isn't going to do anything.

That said, I've found both healing and weather manipulation are fairly easy ways to obtain repeatable results when you're relatively early into your path, if that's what you're looking for.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Take some time to learn the basics and the harder stuff will follow. A good place to start is with Liber MMM, which can be found here - http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chao ... bermmm.pdf. Go through all the exercises, seeking perfection in each one as you progress, and by the time youre finished you'll be a much better occultist and will be able to approach most forms of magic with a bit of a background behind you. [grin]

shazwie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by shazwie »

thank you everyone.now i know that occultism needs more hard work then knowledge right?? since now that i know of this.....can someone teach me a few things?? im still new to this and i have little experience....the only experience i had before is just frequent visits....nothing more...

Frater_NT

Post by Frater_NT »

Here is the best advice that you can learn from someone, go read some books and practice the things you find in those books. No one will pop up and give you all the answers. As I stated in my original reply, occultism is not easy and that goes for learning as well as practice. To be a good magician you have to study and do the work yourself. No one will do it for you.

Fr. N.'. T.'.

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

shazwie wrote:thank you everyone.now i know that occultism needs more hard work then knowledge right?? since now that i know of this.....can someone teach me a few things?? im still new to this and i have little experience....the only experience i had before is just frequent visits....nothing more...
Magic is hard work. It does you no good to only read books. You have to practice and experience what's written. I could talk your ear off about how to ride a motorcycle, give you all sorts of fun information and facts and things, but it would bear no resemblance to the experience of actually riding one.

Whatever system you pick, make sure you remember the one key fundamental thing to every system of magic - it functions by direct force of imagination. Therefore there is no correct, true, 100% system of magic - they're all just models for your mind. Every system has its strengths and weaknesses, just like models may only show one aspect of a thing instead of the whole picture. Some systems may claim they're based off of some unbroken or ancient lineage of knowledge (like the idea that Wicca is some ancient preserved knowledge kept away from the ebil, ebil Christians) but it's horseshit, an attempt to claim legitimacy. Even so, just because a system is made up (like the Necronomicon) doesn't mean it isn't functional and useful - just don't believe everything you read.

shazwie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by shazwie »

well...again i thank you all for your contribution...well..i do agree that just reading books and look around for information isn't really the best way.but i also do agree that using books to learn about it and experience it first hand is a good idea....i just tried to make a sigil...but nothing really happened....

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

If you have to ask questions like this you haven't done nearly enough research.

Start off reading this course, and don't stop there
http://www.manannan.net/occult/magick00.html
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

shazwie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by shazwie »

thanks for the reccomendation....i will do the reading but i will just have to do it "with the flow" .

Return to “Beginners Info”