This dingbat should be fined $212G for his stupidity

For difficult to define queries.

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

This dingbat should be fined $212G for his stupidity

Post by Azkhet »

And in a way, he was.

Man breaks into fortune teller's home when love spell fails.

What I don't understand is how he had this much money laying around for a love spell and he can't get a girlfriend. Um, I'm sure there's some girl who is willing to give it up for that kind of money in the bank. I don't know. Maybe it was a lump sum inheritance, or a particular girl he wanted. The whole thing just seems incredible to me.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: This dingbat should be fined $212G for his stupidity

Post by Occultess »

It says he's the former manager of some soccer team (if I understood that part correctly) so I think his large bank account must have been more than a sudden fluke. It was supposed to bring back his old girlfriend.

On a side note, I noticed a few interesting things in the comments. 1) you have to sign-in in order to vote a comment down, but you don't have to sign-in in order to vote a comment up. 2) the subjects of discussion (I was more or less skimming) turned from being about the story in question, then into Magick: good, evil or non-existant, then into some sort of religious discussion, then....yep....Obama. Cause how could you NOT make the connection?
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Well, I didn't think a Spanish soccer manager would make that kind of money, so I looked up his team. His soccer team got suspended in 2011 for not paying its players at all, and their website apparently gets only 291 unique visitors a day... this isn't a big/major team, maybe AAA equivalent. I don't think this guy is like an American football coach bringing home three million a year... again, where did he get this kind of money? I can just imagine he gave his grandmother's inheritance to this witch, trying to get some girl back. No wonder he went back to the house and beat her stupid.

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

I guess that's what you get when you buy a spell from a fortune teller.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

She took advantage of someone clealry in a desperate position for her own profit, exloited powerful emotions and a practice we all have a passion for. This man was stupid to go for this in the first place, granted, but his reaction is more than reasonable and justified. I don't feel sympathy for the "fortune teller" at all. $212G for a spell? Cold exploitation of someone clearly in a very desperate position.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Define worth by need. [yay]

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”