Shamanism Technique Questions

Exile
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Exile »

Hi. I am putting together some of the stuff I lost when I tried to run away from all this. So here are a few questions if you all will please help with methods and techniques that are efficient and work.

Trances (Going into Trances at will at any time)

Projection (Projection never really was one of my strong suits. So I focused elsewhere)

Soul Return/Assisting (When part of someone is missing and is needed to be returned. A how to on this is what I'm looking for the most. This to me is the essence of Shamanism, the returning & renewing of the Soul/Spirit. This is something I'd like to personally be able to do for myself)

Any other helpful techniques please post. Thanks

OmKaliMa
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OmKaliMa »

Trances-2 ways of doing this. Relax and drift into the twilight state where it's easier to work with the spirits. Or, by working yourself into a frenzy with music, dancing, pain or something to bring you to the brink of exhaustion. The Shamanic path usually works with the STEADY and MONOTONOUS beat of a drum. If skilled enough, you ride the drum beats to the spirit world. There are more methods, but these are commonplace.

Projection-Do you mean remote viewing? If so, that's achieved while in a relaxed meditative state while focusing intently on a target. But perhaps you mean "shape shifting" into another form such as an animal.
Regardless, if you have been called to the Shamanic path, and it is a calling and it differs greatly from Magick in this way, you're going to be working with and getting to know the Totem(s) that have chosen YOU. You don't get to pick them, it doesn't work that way with the Shamanic.

Soul Retrieval is dark and sometimes dangerous work. It involves going into the dark places of the spirit lands to bring back the fragment of Soul that had been lost at one time. This is advanced work and should it be required of you then you will begin to understand how to proceed.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Shamanism Technique Questions

Post by Asurendra »

It is best to have a totem to train and assist you with work such as soul retrieval.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Trances - practice.

projection - practice.

Soul retrieval - not for beginners. Not everyone has that ability. If you do you'll either be taught by a totem or an elder.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

Why does not everyone has the ability? [zomg]
bye bye

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Because some people are not born with it. Not everyone can do everything equally.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 420 »

Trance- rhythmic rocking back and forth while gazing at a candle flame.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Regarding shape shifting, that is a technique which has to be learned from the totem. One can create a form in a mental or astral projection, but that is not shape shifting, which is the experience of being the animal as well as an external form. This change is perspective is important.

Return to “Shamanism”