No idea what to call this, but..

Anonyma
Forum Member
Forum Member

No idea what to call this, but..

Post by Anonyma »

This might sound a bit weird without much context but the background here is odd things going on on the astral plane for a year or two, and whatever has been going on is gradually moving more and more into my daily life. (If somebody are insanely curious about those details, send me a pm) No more weird places or trees on astral, it is a real place in the forest now, for example.. one I spent 3 months trying to find without really knowing what I was looking for, even if I thought I saw a road leading there several times. Invisible mooses (or something sounding like a moose walking) both following me and leading the way (yea, same place as the road that isn't there), without my dogs hearing. An actual moose skull at a place I had passed 100 times before, but I first found it when I fled the house since I thought I was going insane and for some reason it helped to find it. Trying to meditate on my rune and then falling asleep and "waking up" just to hallucinate a moose with human eyes watching me from outside.. and so on. This has been happening over the last 4 months so wasn't even aware of the 'moose' theme until the last days.

Last night I was having a 'I fucking refuse to believe in this shit'-rant and then minutes later a bigass owl was trying to hover (apparently they don't do this well) half a meter from my bedroom window, staring in at me. All I could think was 'damn nosy owls'. Then realized that no amount of 'evidence' or signs or wtf to call it would be enough to stop denying something is going on, and the problem (yea, getting to the point now) is that seeing it in the real world is making things worse. The more that happens the harder it is to accept, even if the astral insanity was bad this is even worse. Anybody have any idea why, or what I'm talking about? I would have imagined that things getting more real would make them easier to deal with since I gave up trying to avoid them a while ago, but no. Just assume I'm not going insane, for the sake of this thread.. I got the 'worry about mental health'-part covered myself.

If you think I'm making up this to sound interesting, I can only say I wish it was so. Things like these sound a lot more intriguing when it is a story you make up and can decide you only want the cool parts you saw in a film you liked and this whole thing fits in with who you want to be and the friends you want to have and so on.

Edit: This sounded a bit more ranty than I intended.. bad combination along with 'I'm not going insane'. I'm just a bit frustrated by the whole thing and then trying to get halfways sane replies in what turned out to be the wrong place.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: No idea what to call this, but..

Post by Asurendra »

Hello Anonyma,

I have been thinking about your post and would like to offer some some general thoughts for your consideration.

First, the tone of your post makes it clear that this entire set of experiences is distressing to you. This seems to come equally from the occult practices you have undertaken as well as what is emerging around you. I suggest you take a break from what you're doing and approach it differently. If it is generating distress, then something is off. What may be the best way remains to be seen from the outcome of your discussions with us here and your own thinking on the issue. Don't give up; just calm down, focus and re-tool.

It is hard to form an understanding of the issues without a background. Since this is what is manifesting, it would be helpful to know what it is. I cannot really induce what this may be with so little information. You mentioned this comes from a series of encounters on the Astral and that it was weird (it is ALWAYS weird) and this is connected to a specific forest location you discovered. (Do you enter this astral place thru dreams or thru conscious projection?) Centered in this location is moose. You later encountered an owl.

Let's begin by working with two possibilities:
1) negative - These are screen images; 2) positive - This is a Shamanic calling.

If these are screen images, then what you are seeing is just a mask being used to hide the actual source of the activity. This may be connected to your 'weird' astral encounters. You have to take charge of the matter; this is true in both cases but especially here. You have the power to clear your space and protect yourself.

If you are experiencing a Shamanic calling and Moose and/or Owl are reaching out to you, then you have to decide if you want to follow that path. If you do, then it would seem that this forest location you discovered is the place you will build within yourself on the edges of your own consciousness to encounter these totems.

I hope this was helpful.

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

No offense Asurendra, but you don't get to decide those things or take breaks. If you "choose" not to see what they want you to see, things get ugly fast. The only real choice is do what they want or go insane.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Is the moose skull still there?

I'd have brought it home with me,but that is just how I do things.I'm rather confrontational with the Spirit world these days,lol.

Have you sat out at the place yet?

I'd go sit there and contemplate,see what pops up,so to speak.

On the Owl:

Please excuse the more 'woofty' bits in this,as it has some nuggets of good info too.

http://www.thewhitegoddess.co.uk/articl ... e/owls.asp

Symbolism

Perception, Silent Observation, Wisdom, Deception

The Owl has a dual symbolism of wisdom and darkness, the latter meaning evil and death. They are symbolically associated with clairvoyance, astral projection and magick, and is oftentimes the medicine of sorcerers and witches, you are drawn to magickal practices. Those who have owl medicine will find that these night birds will tend to collect around you, even in daytime, because they recognise a kinship with you.

The two main symbolic characteristics of the Owl, its wisdom and its nocturnal activity-- have made it represent perception. Considering perception in a spiritual context, Owl medicine is related to psychism, occult matters, instincts, and clairvoyance-- the true ability to see what is happening around you.

The owl can see that which others cannot, which is the essence of true wisdom. Where others are deceived, Owl sees and knows what is there.

Use your power of keen, silent observation to intuit some life situation, Owl is befriending you and aiding you in seeing the whole truth. The Owl also brings its messages in the night through dreams or meditation. Pay attention to the signals and omens. The truth always brings further enlightenment.
Can you go there and sit at the Gloaming [gloom/twilight] safely?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Serenitydawn,

I'm not deciding anything.

I'm offering an opinion based upon the information given. There is nothing wrong with pulling back and gaining perspective and 'retooling' a practice; particularly if it is causing some distress. I then offered possibilities for what was happening and paths towards solutions. These were all given not as some channeling from the Pleiadians but options for him to explore himself.

What did you offer?
Last edited by Asurendra on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonyma
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anonyma »

Moose skull is already sitting on my book shelf, yes.. couldn't just leave it there :D

I could go there safely, but there is no real twilight or gloom now since its not dark at night and won't be for another month.. would that matter? The sun sets but not enough for it to get nearly dark.

Owls are still hanging around, yes.. as in, they live nearby but they are coming close to the window to watch me every night, which never happened before.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I haven't read the other replies yet. I don't want them to influence mine.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but what I got from your first post was that you have played around in the astral and now that you've stopped trying so hard all of these things are happening in real life.

Welcome. It's a fun club to be in. Sometime's it's a madhouse. Sometimes - it's worth all the craziness.

It sounds like you opened some doors that you can never truly close all the way again. When I talk to people that are curious about exploring these things I try to help them realize that yes, this shit is real. No, you can't change your mind later after you open the door and look around. Imagine a wall. You cut a door into it. Even if you manage to close that door - you will always have the doorjamb that you created. Things can seep through that crack.

I don't know what's up with the Moose and I don't know anything about Moose Medicine but it could be place to start looking.

It sounds as if you may have a shamanic type calling. Acceptance is the only thing that'll help you. The harder you fight this - the worse it gets. I wish I could give you better news than that.

Now I'm going to go back and read through the replies.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I think I understand what SerenityDawn is saying. If this is a Shamanic Calling then she has no choice in the matter.

If this is something else - and we really do need a little more background info - then maybe she does.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that think this sounds like a shamanic calling.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

@Rosered [thumbup] .
I could go there safely, but there is no real twilight or gloom now since its not dark at night and won't be for another month.. would that matter? The sun sets but not enough for it to get nearly dark.
It shouldn't matter,no.Just be there after Sunset and sit for as long as you feel comfortable doing so.It rarely gets 'proper dark' here in Summer too.

In fact the skies are very funky this time of year N.Europe wide,which makes sitting out quite pleasant,I find. [thumbup]

You could take some small offerings for the place and whatever protective devices you may feel appropriate,if any at all.

I tend to have my lucky stone about my neck when I sit out,it has a Runecharm marked on it and it's red jasper.My favourite thing,apart from my wee Falcon eye stone,which I usually have about my person most of the time anyway.

You can take a companion,as long as they can sit still and remain quiet while you sit and feel for what is there. [grin]

Elhaz/Algiz/Yr,the rune of the Elk,also associated with sedge grass.Strong protective and projective force and a good mark to have about you when you sit,I think,perhaps?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Anonyma
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anonyma »

Yea, guess I'll try that then. If it ever will stop raining, its one of those "summers".. I think others would call 10 C and rain something else.

I'm just realizing I never did/used anything protective, unless counting bad attitude. [eg]
Aside from that I feel really comfortable in that place so would feel weird doing anything in that direction... like needing protection while being in ones own house or something. :)
RoseRed wrote: It sounds as if you may have a shamanic type calling. Acceptance is the only thing that'll help you. The harder you fight this - the worse it gets. I wish I could give you better news than that.
Yea, this. Its why I wonder how the hell to accept things, ignoring/waiting it out/fighting/refusing to acknowledge stuff isn't really working.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

like needing protection while being in ones own house or something. :)
You don't have your home shielded and protected? Wow.

Do you go to bed with the doors wide open, too?

People put locks on their doors and gates around their yard to claim their space and keep others out. It's no different in the psychic realms. There are things you don't want coming into your home.

Anonyma
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Anonyma »

Oh, that happens actually. I usually don't lock my doors when I'm in the house.. I don't have a fence around my property either. What 'people' do will depend on who they are and where they live and what dangers they think they face. And what is realistic for their situation. Overly hiding and protection is usually seen as paranoia.

I never had problems with unwanted persons or other things in my house either. I seem to 'claim my space' well enough, apparently.

Edited to fix my English, its being elusive today.

Return to “Shamanism”