Psychic development

Nepthys
Forum Member
Forum Member
Location: Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Psychic development

Post by Nepthys »

I'm not really sure if this goes here or in divination, but because of the core question in my head I figured it applied here more.

Anyway, in a recent discussion in another part of the forum, the notion of psychic vampirism was raised. It piqued my curiosity because I had when I was younger embarked on a series of exercises designed to enhance your ability to pull energy from other sources than yourself (including other people). Later on, the question was raised about feeling "drained" after occult activities and what it meant. The general feeling I got from what was said was that the "draining" occurred due to the amount of energy one put into their work, and more adept practitioners are less likely to feel drained as a result. I thought about this and was reminded of my time exploring psychic vampirism (no ethical conversations needed, please) and had a "huh" moment.

I've always dismissed psychic development for myself personally because I've never experienced or achieved results. The psychic vampirism experiment was the nail in the coffin for me as far as I was concerned. Energy manipulation via the occult and spellcraft has always been where my strengths lay so I focused my study on that. However, I have never, not once, felt the same kind of spiritual drain after spellcasting as I do when I read tarot for others. It doesn't matter if it's a 3 card, 15 card, or 30 card carpet spread. The only ones that don't drain me are one-card "yes/no" questions. Yet I have never given a client bad information. I have never given them advice that didn't work out. I even laughed at a quote from the '40's concerning Hoodoos and how "a good Hoodoo can tell you the problem before you say a word", which is something I've always been able to do just by looking at the cards. This includes specifics about the client's unique and highly personal situation. I gave a woman her money back once because she wouldn't let me finish the reading after I casually told her exactly what was going on.

Sorry for all the background, but my question is this: if this is one of those "gifts" that I am apparently quite adept at, why is it that it is the most draining thing I do? Could it have to do with a nascent gift concerning the tarot that taxes me because I haven't developed my psychic ability appropriately? Kind of like running a fourth-generation video game on second-generation hardware, so to speak. I know the game inside and out but it's absolute murder on the system it's running on. Or is there something else entirely going on here?

I ask because my success with spellcrafting and casting seems to be as natural to me as reading the cards, but doesn't wear me out (even when I help out a colleague of mine by just sitting there focusing on giving all my energy to him). So if this IS an issue with psychic ability and refinement of that ability, it would make sense because I don't consider spellcrafting to be a primarily psychic exercise. I'm going to stop rambling now and just let you guys have some input. O0

Return to “Psychicism”