Mysterious magic signs and wands

Acadus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Mysterious magic signs and wands

Post by Acadus »

Hello all fellow wizards

I found this amazing altar cloth on ebay.

The idea of what it represent is fairly clear, what is completely mysterious to me is the two pentacle like big symbols in the upper left and right corners.
What is it (what does it represent) and what do the symbols in them mean? If you know please enlighten me.
Beside that the middle staff with something that looks like upside down wings could need an explanation. It is not an caduceus, so what is it?
Just as importantly, in what magic tradition, or branch of magic if you so like, does this cloth and this symbolism belong?

Also there is a wooden wand i have never seen before. Does anyone recognize what kind of wand it is?

Here is a similar altar cloth with similar symbols if it helps.

See images below, in the thread.

Enjoy the magic.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Mysterious magic signs and wands

Post by Desecrated »

"Tablecloth Altar Magic Enoch - is the foundation of Magic Angels, allows access to the Force, to interact with them, conduct ceremonies and rituals Enoheanskoy magic. The structure represented tablecloths Force - 4 Angel Parties Light, 12 Zodiacal Angels Angels 4 Elements Angels and human qualities."

Any Enochian magicians that can help clarify?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Moved to the Bazaar because links are commercial.

If you can get images that don't involve e bay linking, I'll move it back, as the discussion is a valid one, despite the commercial linkage. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Looks really nifty, but I wouldn't recommend using it unless you actually know the meaning of the individual symbols and the context of their interconnection. Otherwise you're getting anything from an overpriced tablecloth to a mashup of symbols which will hook you up to potentially conflicting energy currents and consciousnesses you know nothing about.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

That first cloth is rather striking, I like it a lot.

I'd rather move this topic back, if I can, so has anyone got any other images, of the queried items?

I can fix the post, if I can replace the imagery links with other non commercial ones.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

At your service (although the first one doesn't fit, drag it into a new tab for the full view):

"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Acadus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Acadus »

After some searching I found replacement links you should approve.
They are big and clear after zooming in on them!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7 ... L1336_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/9 ... L1500_.jpg
http://ruswicca.su/images/1391108281.jpg

The wand is there!

Now I hope the post is moved back :)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Thank you both. [thumbup]

Acadus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Acadus »

So it is true, if I don't know something, nobody knows it.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I'm not a Ceremonialist, I don't work with this kind of thing, but my guess is they're keys.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

I don't really work with ceremonial stuff, however the symbols look kabbalistic to me, you might want to look into that pathway in order to find information on the symbols.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

asterik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by asterik »

My last post got deleted without cause......

I just was asking if your were wanting to sell?

My mother was looking for a new table cloth [lookleft] *

Acadus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Acadus »

Hello all readers.

I do have good hints to the riddle.

First, I believe the pentacles are gates, I just have seen gates before and they look similar enough.
If they were Kabbalistic I would have recognized them a long time ago, I am into Kabbala and know it enough to say they are not kabbalistic (I only bothered with the left symbols). However I do not know Enochian magic well at all, but the left 8 signs are not in the Enochian alphabet. The likely names in the middle look Enochian but I could not find them in their alphabet or angelic names either.

My first insight is that the signs are from different systems. There is a symbol that looks like a scorpion, I always thought it looked rune like. It is not in Futhark, I would have recognized that. So after a long time I returned to the riddle and checked the Icelandic magical staves which I know about since a long time, but very little about, and Bingo. There is a wheel of such symbols. Supposedly their number increase their strength and isotropy. The ring of them is called helm of awe (or helm of terror) and induces fear and protect against abuse of power. What one of them mean I still have to figure out. The box like symbol with arrows in the corners and the key like symbol also look like runes, but I had no luck in finding them. Among some things I searched in the serious book Sigils, ciphers and scripts by Jackson, and even in the tons of symbols there I found nothing that match.

Hope this help to get further on with it.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse everyone

This is an old post but I'll leave my reply anyways.

The big cloth in the center has the tetragramatón, protection symbol and representative of the forces of the pentagram, the elements, and the Hermetics.It's sorrounded by latin words, greek words, anochian letters (don´t know what they say) and those to pentacles, seem to be "pseudo cabalistic" but I have never saw them before. Pretty for an altar cloth.

The second cloth has in the center the Sigil Dei Emeth, Sigil of Truth. It's an evokation symbol, it's used under the crystal ball in scrying. This version has angelic sigils. There's another version with enochian symbolism. And it's sorrounded by the four Kerubs. Maybe good for divination altar cloth, or for evocation. The to pentacles repeat in this one, I don't know waht they are.

Truly? I believe it's a salad, they put symbols and stuff to make it look pretty.

Not ceremonial at all.

With one good, adecuate, corresponding to the workj being done, pentacle in the center you have a pretty much good ceremonial altar cloth.

Hope it helps

Saravá!
Idansinají!

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

They are gorgeous items, in my eyes.

I like the overall look. Very shiny, the rich gold against the black.

The second cloth I also know of the Kerubs as the 'four Evangelists', representations of the fixed signs of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius in the corners and the scripts include Theban. 4 elements/ N,S,E,W, 4 keys and sigillum in the centre.

I was waiting for someone to call it, as it looks very ceremonial and I can imagine candlesticks and ritual objects laid out on the Altar one..

It reminds me of a set up I've seen before, but I'm not really sure from where exactly or what the full purpose would be.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

The second cloth is definitely for summoning/evocation.. I recognize some of the script from a very specific "grrat circle of summoning".

Looks like I have to get into reading about cabbalistic magick now.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

digigeek19
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by digigeek19 »

Its actually very interesting, the first one is a strange mix of kabbalah and Goetic. I think its meant to summon or evoke an angel (under Jupiter i think but not entirely sure) but it could just as easily be a nice looking tablecloth. The second tablecloth is somewhat more peculiar. It has a very enochian feel but none of it makes much sense to me other than a somewhat obvious angelic theme. My thoughts are that whoever designed these was either a genius melding together several systems and rituals, or an idiot trying to make a quick Buck with a fancy looking cloth which means nothing. Most likely the latter.
If from dust I come, And dust I will be; Let me be remembered for my own life is fleeting.

Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) should be avoided.

Return to “Ceremonial Magick”