Help deciphering this amulet

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

gsm_dealer08
Forum Member
Forum Member

Help deciphering this amulet

Post by gsm_dealer08 »

Hi all. I know close to nothing about the occult world but I'm a big H.P. Lovecraft fan. I've ordered myself this nice Cthulhu amulet from Russia.It is incredibly detailed,truly fascinating. On the back of it it has allot of seals and symbols I don't understand or know what they mean. Can someone please help me with it?
Attachments
5.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

MadMarchy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Help deciphering this amulet

Post by MadMarchy »

While I'm not sure about the individual seals, the outer text is the call of Cthulhu, and the star and outer ring are most likely calendar based(12 months on outer ring, 7 pointed star).

I'm actually rather curious to see if anyone else has input [thumbup]
Simply an arbiter.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Oh damn, i recognize those symbols... the seven point star represents magic, though I'll have to look up where the other symbols are from... they seem to be from a few different mythos or languages, but are very familiar...
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

The centre symbol looks like the astrological symbol for the earth
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I would call this a talisman. It's manmade.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

The circled cross in the center is the Symbol of The Earth Sphere, representing the four directions and four elements encircled.

The symbols of the inner and outer gaps of The Seven Rayed Stay are sigils or similar symbols, though I can't place most of them. Each one serves a different purpose, though, which is tied into the overall purpose of the amulet.

I can't remember what the Seven Rayed Star itself means, but it has significance here. There's a reason they didn't use a Pentagram or Hexagram, as is more common.

The inner ring of symbols is the Symbols of The Seven Rays, that is, the planetary symbols. This ring of symbols invokes the The Seven Rays into the pendant and ties them into it, empowering it with their energies.

The next ring of symbols is the Symbols of The Zodiac, the 12 major star regions. This ring invokes the energies of the Zodiac the same way the planetary ring invoked those energies.

The ring with jagged edges represents radiation -- all the powers tied together inside the center radiating outward, like the sun radiates outward with light and heat.

The outer most ring, as was said, is the call of Cthulhu.

It's a beautiful talisman, probably one of protection, but without understanding the sigils around the star and why the Seven Ray Star was chosen, I really cannot say exactly what it's meant to do.

~:Shin:~

gsm_dealer08
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by gsm_dealer08 »

Shinichi wrote:The circled cross in the center is the Symbol of The Earth Sphere, representing the four directions and four elements encircled.

The symbols of the inner and outer gaps of The Seven Rayed Stay are sigils or similar symbols, though I can't place most of them. Each one serves a different purpose, though, which is tied into the overall purpose of the amulet.

I can't remember what the Seven Rayed Star itself means, but it has significance here. There's a reason they didn't use a Pentagram or Hexagram, as is more common.

The inner ring of symbols is the Symbols of The Seven Rays, that is, the planetary symbols. This ring of symbols invokes the The Seven Rays into the pendant and ties them into it, empowering it with their energies.

The next ring of symbols is the Symbols of The Zodiac, the 12 major star regions. This ring invokes the energies of the Zodiac the same way the planetary ring invoked those energies.

The ring with jagged edges represents radiation -- all the powers tied together inside the center radiating outward, like the sun radiates outward with light and heat.

The outer most ring, as was said, is the call of Cthulhu.

It's a beautiful talisman, probably one of protection, but without understanding the sigils around the star and why the Seven Ray Star was chosen, I really cannot say exactly what it's meant to do.

Thank you for such a detailed reply,that clears it up a bit. If anyone recognises the other seals,please share the knowledge.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

I've found an old book of mine which shows alot of these symbols in it, which is why they looked so familiar. Unfortunately it did not detail what the symbols where or their meanings exactly, which is why I don't hold it in too high of a regard...(it's basically an introductory book, broad overview, not much indepth information)
Anyways, the symbols that I recognize and matched are for protection and healing amulets. I'm currently seeing if i can hunt down their origins and proper meanings, afterwhich I will be able to decipher possible applications which they are used for the amulet you have there.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Gah, after scouring site after site and taking intuitive leaps in how I looked, I found the symbols.
What they are are symbols related to planetary bodies as well as the metals associated with them.

Here's a few examples from the ones I was able to find :

All the symbols I see on it denotes to the planetary bodies somehow, even the small symbols within the points of the 7 point star.
It's a good starting point atleast for you to look and search for yourself. If I find any new information I'll be sure to let you know!

gsm_dealer08
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by gsm_dealer08 »

That's it! Thank you so much for that. I will try to find more information on it. Knowing the Cthulhu mythos I get why they used the astral symbols but I wonder if it's more beyond that.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Those are gemantric sigils, kabbalah stuff.

But that's a little confusing. Why use the gemantric sigils for the planets if you're using the Chaldean runes for the planets in the first circle? Now I have no idea what the thing is supposed to actually do. [confused]

I suppose its possible that it's primarily an artistic piece, and not a practical talisman.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

That doesn't matter. Those symbols and the way they're combines have inherent power of their own. It would be easy enough for a someone with a natural spark to activate it.

Perhaps each circle has it's own purpose and where they meet serves another - the interplay of cultures, perhaps?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

That's true, but I'm used to things like this having a singular purpose, where all the little symbols and powers are weaved together into that one big aim. So using the gemantric sigils for the planets in one section and the chaldaen symbols for the planets in their traditional circle around it, I dunno...it just seems redundant, unless I'm missing something. Maybe the heptagon is what ties it into something else.

Maybe it's just not my style. [razz]

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Shinichi wrote:Those are gemantric sigils, kabbalah stuff.

But that's a little confusing. Why use the gemantric sigils for the planets if you're using the Chaldean runes for the planets in the first circle? Now I have no idea what the thing is supposed to actually do. [confused]

I suppose its possible that it's primarily an artistic piece, and not a practical talisman.

Other than just artistic reasoning, the only other reason I can think of is that the different symbols denotes an alternative energetic impulse to the spell that the circle is supposed to produce that the first set does not do, thus making it more complete of a working.

The main thing that confuses me about it is that they are using multiple planetary body sigils when, for the main part, you only use one and the symbols related to it for making the amulets and the purpose it pertains to.
But this one has 8 different planetary symbols (I am assuming for the 8 solar system planets {sorry pluto}) which each are supposed to do different things and represent different elements, all of which are usually inscribed on the metals they are associated with (i.e. iron for mars, silver for venus) in order to get the full benefits.

gsm_dealer08
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by gsm_dealer08 »

Ok so I made this summary of what I got so far.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What are the 7 small symbols inside of the star again? I'm a bit confused.

And the zodiac symbols on the outer ring,are they the commonly used symbols? It's just too small to tell

I have found this page explaining the planetary seals http://www.carolinaconjure.com/magic-squares.html
Attachments
DSC_0155.JPG

Return to “Beginners Info”