Miracles and other Profound Experiences

For difficult to define queries.

TruthSeeker299
Forum Member
Forum Member

Miracles and other Profound Experiences

Post by TruthSeeker299 »

Hello,

I wondered if anyone on this board has experiences of 'miracles', aka thaumaturgy?

I am wary of describing my own experiences, except in the most general sense. My experiences have been so crazy that I fear they could only be met with disbelief, confusion and ridicule.

I have had experiences that lead me to the conclusion that humans are capable of all kinds of magical powers. Not to mention, that, as Aleister Crowley believed, there are 'praeter human' entities; metaphysical beings of great power, who seek to interact with the human race and can bend the rules of our reality in our favour, or, presumably, against it. Magick is not merely, as many seem to believe, an exploration of one's own psychology.

Another experience I have encountered on multiple occasions is mind reading. Whereby somebody obtains precise details about your thoughts and or experiences and recounts them to you.

I am forced to conclude that through occult practices, somebody can obtain all kinds of powers that cannot be explained scientifically.

Does anybody have similar views?
Presumably the only way to gain knowledge is to be initiated into a secret society that has that knowledge.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Miracles and other Profound Experiences

Post by corvidus »

TruthSeeker299 wrote:Presumably the only way to gain knowledge is to be initiated into a secret society that has that knowledge.
I'm going to have to disagree with this statement. Where were the secret societies during the very first initiations?
Initiation comes in many forms: oral/practical initiation by another individual (a 'teacher' or 'secret society' as you mention), self-initiation through a dedicated practice, and also initiation by 'light beings', to name a few.
All you have to do is find the keys which open the doors.

That being said, some of the most profound experiences I have had were brought on by studying and practicing a mystical tradition I've never been initiated into by a 'secret society' or individual -- unless you count baptism as an initiation ceremony...but seeing as how every Christian was baptized at some point, I don't see it being the same kind of 'initiation' as being initiated into mysticism (which is indirectly the foundation of Christianity).

Of course, there are always people who influence us along the path, acting as a more subtle initiator of secrets. Even if they don't mean to.

Initiation is an interesting topic of discussion.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

TruthSeeker299 wrote:Hello,

Presumably the only way to gain knowledge is to be initiated into a secret society that has that knowledge.
In 1870 this would have been true.
In 1970 this would have been somewhat true.
Now it's not true. Pretty much any information held by these secret societies are readily available on amazon.com and wikipedia.

There are no more great secrets out there, BUT you still have to do the work and gain that knowledge, because it doesn't come for free.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I think this thread answers some of your other questions:

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... =2&t=38410

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

Truthseeker299, I do agree with you that human beings possess abilities that many, even here, would disbelieve in and that, yes, they can indeed be deliberately developed through the use of ritual. It's a mistake many make to think that they can work rituals aimed at getting a better job, a pay rise, a new partner, healing etc. yet doubt that they can use ritual to develop the same latent abilities that others report.

Please share your details of miracles that you have experienced. No one will think you are crazy and if they do, it's anonymous. Please detail your mind reading experiences.

Thank you.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

My best example of a working miracle was when I performed a summoning ritual in the name of a "fast" demon and I had a result within the hour. Miracles aren't unheard of, but in this day and age they get chalked down to "coincidences" for the ignorant. Back in the day when these things were rare, say, the immaculate conception for example.. We can argue today there's nothing immaculate about it. But we don't know the truth. Either way, miracles aren't unheard of. They happen.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”