Occult Jutsu - Hand Seal Magick

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Occult Jutsu - Hand Seal Magick

Post by Kami »

Rin wrote:Rose's advice about studying biofeedback properly is solid - look into the science behind what you're doing instead of just winging it. And study the systems you're working with so you gain a better understanding of what you're doing to your body and mind when you do this.

It's called the "fight or flight" response for a good reason - it's only supposed to kick in (especially at the absurd levels you're sending it to - those heart rate and blood pressure numbers are not safe, and would be considered severe tachycardia and hypertension in medical terms) when a person is in serious danger, as a protective method - on an evolutionary level, think "oh shit those glowing things in the bushes are the eyes of a lion" type situations.

And I'm gonna be honest, none of the reasons you mentioned you use it for (fighting off sickness, decreasing pain, recovering from the effects of drugs faster etc.) are things you can't deal with properly instead of overriding them by stimulating excess adrenaline - and by doing this instead of dealing with them properly, you ignore the root cause and so worsen the problem in the long run.

If you're in pain, it's there as a signal that something is wrong, and should be used as an opportunity to explore what that something is and fix it, if you're sick, you should rest and let your body recover, if you're suffering the aftereffects of drug use, you should take it easy and live healthy for a while, and reconsider your pattern of substance use, etc. None of these situations are important enough to be triggering the SNS to the degree you are - or they would already do it automatically, in everyone.

You might feel fine now but I feel pretty comfortable guaranteeing that continuing this pattern of behavior will take both a direct (by the wearing down of the cardiovascular and nervous systems, and possibly by leading to higher SNS stimulation even when you aren't "surging" - although I'm not sure about the latter) and indirect (by the buildup of health problems as they're overriden with adrenaline instead of reacted to normally) toll on your health. You're messing with millions of years of evolutionary design and a delicately balanced homeostasis. If you want some similar examples, look up the health problems caused by excess stress (which is effectively the same excessive triggering of the SNS, albeit at a lower level for prolonged periods of time due to lifestyle problems, as opposed to an extreme level at irregular intervals due to biofeedback-style manual triggering) or the frequent use of stimulant drugs like meth/amphetamine and cocaine (which again, release high levels of adrenaline - although even they don't drive the HR/BP that high except in overdose situations).

Do some research and seriously consider what effect this practice is having on you. I'd also suggest looking into techniques which have the opposite effect (reduce the release of adrenaline and activate the para-sympathetic nervous system) like mindfulness and other forms of meditation, basic breathing exercises, etc (which also have all sorts of spiritual and magical benefits). Or again just by using similar biofeedback techniques.

I know it might seem like what you're doing is just a cool trick which can help you deal with inconvenient situations, but in the long run it will wear you down, much as overuse of stimulant drugs like amphetamines or cocaine would. I imagine the reason you can't sustain it for longer than 30 seconds is that your body recognizes that those levels of stimulation are dangerous and works to counteract it - so I'd highly suggest not attempting to push even further beyond that barrier.

Please consider your health and the possible long term consequences of what you're doing.
Thank you Rin and everyone else who had patience with me on this subject.

I feel my anxiety turning into peace.

I now understand what I am doing to myself.

No one, not my doc or my friends and family have been able to elaborate like you have... and I feel like your advice is gold.

My doc supplies me with sleep pills because sometimes I just cannot sleep do to all the ideas that run through my head and I usually spend my time trying to validate them through research.

So I need to be forcefully knocked out... lol

I appreciate your approach and time and effort with me, I do not feel challenged, but humbled.

I will make a symbol that will remind me not to resort to "surging".

And when I see that symbol ... I will be thinking about everyone here at occultforum. [happy2]

In the meantime I shall be doing my homework on "biofeedback" - it sounds like a very interesting subject.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Meditation can be a better sedative than Trazodone or Seroquel.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RaineAshford »

There's a psychic assassin that's been after me for 2 years, they use Shadow Jutsu where they create a shadow body and counter my spells with their hand movements.

Any ideas on how to counter this or prevent it? I've been trying to purify into the source from the source.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Kurokami wrote:
Rin wrote:Rose's advice about studying biofeedback properly is solid - look into the science behind what you're doing instead of just winging it. And study the systems you're working with so you gain a better understanding of what you're doing to your body and mind when you do this.

It's called the "fight or flight" response for a good reason - it's only supposed to kick in (especially at the absurd levels you're sending it to - those heart rate and blood pressure numbers are not safe, and would be considered severe tachycardia and hypertension in medical terms) when a person is in serious danger, as a protective method - on an evolutionary level, think "oh shit those glowing things in the bushes are the eyes of a lion" type situations.

And I'm gonna be honest, none of the reasons you mentioned you use it for (fighting off sickness, decreasing pain, recovering from the effects of drugs faster etc.) are things you can't deal with properly instead of overriding them by stimulating excess adrenaline - and by doing this instead of dealing with them properly, you ignore the root cause and so worsen the problem in the long run.

If you're in pain, it's there as a signal that something is wrong, and should be used as an opportunity to explore what that something is and fix it, if you're sick, you should rest and let your body recover, if you're suffering the aftereffects of drug use, you should take it easy and live healthy for a while, and reconsider your pattern of substance use, etc. None of these situations are important enough to be triggering the SNS to the degree you are - or they would already do it automatically, in everyone.

You might feel fine now but I feel pretty comfortable guaranteeing that continuing this pattern of behavior will take both a direct (by the wearing down of the cardiovascular and nervous systems, and possibly by leading to higher SNS stimulation even when you aren't "surging" - although I'm not sure about the latter) and indirect (by the buildup of health problems as they're overriden with adrenaline instead of reacted to normally) toll on your health. You're messing with millions of years of evolutionary design and a delicately balanced homeostasis. If you want some similar examples, look up the health problems caused by excess stress (which is effectively the same excessive triggering of the SNS, albeit at a lower level for prolonged periods of time due to lifestyle problems, as opposed to an extreme level at irregular intervals due to biofeedback-style manual triggering) or the frequent use of stimulant drugs like meth/amphetamine and cocaine (which again, release high levels of adrenaline - although even they don't drive the HR/BP that high except in overdose situations).

Do some research and seriously consider what effect this practice is having on you. I'd also suggest looking into techniques which have the opposite effect (reduce the release of adrenaline and activate the para-sympathetic nervous system) like mindfulness and other forms of meditation, basic breathing exercises, etc (which also have all sorts of spiritual and magical benefits). Or again just by using similar biofeedback techniques.

I know it might seem like what you're doing is just a cool trick which can help you deal with inconvenient situations, but in the long run it will wear you down, much as overuse of stimulant drugs like amphetamines or cocaine would. I imagine the reason you can't sustain it for longer than 30 seconds is that your body recognizes that those levels of stimulation are dangerous and works to counteract it - so I'd highly suggest not attempting to push even further beyond that barrier.

Please consider your health and the possible long term consequences of what you're doing.

No one, not my doc or my friends and family have been able to elaborate like you have... and I feel like your advice is gold.

My doc supplies me with sleep pills because sometimes I just cannot sleep do to all the ideas that run through my head and I usually spend my time trying to validate them through research.

I appreciate your approach and time and effort with me, I do not feel challenged, but humbled.

And when I see that symbol ... I will be thinking about everyone here at occultforum. [happy2]

In the meantime I shall be doing my homework on "biofeedback" - it sounds like a very interesting subject.
Hey man, I'm really glad to hear it. I didn't mean to come off as preachy or anything, I'm just seriously concerned about the health implications of what you've been doing and wanted to get that across.

If you're interested in that kind of thing and want to do it in a safe and reliable manner, then biofeedback is a good place to start, as is of course meditation and related arts.

And Haelos was right about meditation and sleep. You'd be surprised by how much just some basic deep breathing type exercises help to calm the mind and body. And of course it's the cornerstone of any serious magical development.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Integrated Medicine is a specialty field where Western medical doctors learn to work with alternative and herbal modalities to treat the body as a whole instead of one symptom to fix at a time. I think finding a doctor who is licensed in that could be very helpful - even if it's just getting you started on a different path than the one that you're on.

You can read about biofeedback all you like but unless you go and do the sessions you'll never really understand it. A doc that does IM could set that up for you.

You need to get your mind settled before you jump into all things occult. It's unhealthy if you don't. Dangerous even. Honest and True. I've seen too many people fuck themselves all up trying to use the occult as a quick fix. It's not. It brings it's own set of consequences and problems to the table. Just like anything else.

I do think that learning to control your natural abilities while learning to control your thoughts will work well in conjunction with each other.

Truly learning to meditate by following a prescribed regimen could be extraordinarily helpful to you in learning to control your thoughts without needing meds. I've seen that happen many times as well. You just don't see people discuss it as often. I'll leave it to the others to recommend specific meditation practices.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Neko-phyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Neko-phyte »

RoseRed wrote:
Integrated Medicine is a specialty field where Western medical doctors learn to work with alternative and herbal modalities to treat the body as a whole instead of one symptom to fix at a time. I think finding a doctor who is licensed in that could be very helpful - even if it's just getting you started on a different path than the one that you're on.

You can read about biofeedback all you like but unless you go and do the sessions you'll never really understand it. A doc that does IM could set that up for you.

You need to get your mind settled before you jump into all things occult. It's unhealthy if you don't. Dangerous even. Honest and True. I've seen too many people fuck themselves all up trying to use the occult as a quick fix. It's not. It brings it's own set of consequences and problems to the table. Just like anything else.

I do think that learning to control your natural abilities while learning to control your thoughts will work well in conjunction with each other.

Truly learning to meditate by following a prescribed regimen could be extraordinarily helpful to you in learning to control your thoughts without needing meds. I've seen that happen many times as well. You just don't see people discuss it as often. I'll leave it to the others to recommend specific meditation practices.
+1 this. Until recently, My body was actually stuck (or at least very close to entering) fight/flight/freeze mode at all times for god knows how many years. My only clue was that my base level of anxiety was a lot higher than normal. I didn't even realise the full implications until I started visiting a doctor who does integrated medicine. Other things needed attention (of course) but recently I became well enough to have what I needed to reset and now I'm steadily moving further away from this state. It's so relieving! These IM/hybrid docs are the frigging best. Not only do I function so much better, but I've learned a lot too [pray]

Of course before then, I wasn't able to do a lot of occult work, even if I wanted to (and I did). I'd hit burnout ridiculously quickly. Now I'm treading verrrrrry slowly, and learning about my natural abilities first, and what I'm capable of now mentally, and treading with caution slowly forward. Don't wanna mess it all up now!

Kurokami, perhaps if you can find one of these doctors, you won't need those sleeping pills anymore. My partner sees the same hybrid doctor that I do and he had the same problems with sleep that you do. In a nutshell, he doesn't anymore :D

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Occult Jutsu - Hand Seals

Post by Kami »

Haelos wrote:Fun Fact: The Fireball Jutsu is the only skill in Naruto that can be turned into a real spell using the information they give you.

They tell you both the mudra and Mandala of the meditation needed, and learning the names of the handseals will give you the mantra.

To perform the Fireball Jutsu:
As you perform the handseals of the jutsu, you vizualize your Qi (chakra, in the series) building within your stomach, and use your breath to force the energy up and out your mouth. As the energy builds in your chest, turn in red/fiery using the skill of impregnation.

The handseals are: Snake, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger.
The mudra for those seals is: Mi, Hitsuji, Saru, I, Uma, Tora.

Other than the Japanese names of the mudra, all of this information is given to Sasuke from his Father when he first learns the technique.

No other Jutsu in Naruto is so fully described in how to perform it that you could actually do so. I've come very close to making fire using this spell.
The only other Jutsu I can think might be possible is the Rasengan, but no human I know would be capable of producing that much visible energy, and controlling it is as hard as the anime makes it seem.

Using knowledge from various schools of practice, it is possible to create an endless number of spells using the technique of "Jutsu" from Naruto, though they won't be nearly as flashy.
Following those schools of thought, however, none of this stuff is needed, because many will teach you energy manipulation properly, and without using mental crutches like this.
I believe you,
Check this video out:
It shows and teaches you how to compress air molecules in order to ignite "the right amount of cotton".

So there has to be some technique out there that teaches you how to utilize your lungs to replicate what you saw in the video...

Also this video might be of use:
This the only video closest to what my friend can do with his lungs,
I.D.K. how he does it... but with nothing near his mouth - my friend can make a honk sound that can be heard from 3 blocks away.

The point that I am trying to make here is that what if we utilize the fire starter method in the first video,
And also utilize our lungs to cause the right amount of pressure to manifest fire.

Perhaps it can be done through "coughing"... ?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

According to Dragonology theories, munching on some platinum might help.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Is it possible to perform a hand seal jutsu that invokes mirror-touch synesthesia in your body so that you can mirror the movements of your opponent?

"A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an animal acts and when the animal observes the same action performed by another. Thus, the neuron "mirrors" the behavior of the other, as though the observer were itself acting. Such neurons have been directly observed in primate species."
|
"Mirror-touch synesthesia is a condition which causes individuals to experience the same sensation (such as touch) that another person feels. For example, if someone with this condition were to observe someone touching their cheek, they would feel the same sensation on their own cheek. Synesthesia, in general, is described as a condition in which a stimulus causes an individual to experience an additional sensation. Synesthesia is usually a developmental condition, however recent research has shown that mirror touch synesthesia can be acquired after sensory loss following amputation."

Bavli - Telekinesis *Through* Chi:
Essentially what I think is going on in the video above: is "mirror-touch neurons" becoming stimulated through the channel of chi.

This man can invoke mirror-touch synesthesia in any creature, object, spirit.

That - Or... I.D.K. - What else could explain telekinesis/psychokinesis. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Basic, short range PK like that isn't a big deal, you just need to accumulate an excess of vital energy and master basic meditative skills (concentration and the plastic imagination) to pull it off.

Different methods seem to work best for different people, but I found that projecting the energy towards the object while imbuing it with the sensation of the movement I want it to make worked the best, though it took a bit of focus and some fiddling to get used to condensing the energy to just the right vibratory state. The same technique worked for micro-PK (probability manipulation, specifically), although you don't need to condense the energy as much and I found a combination of visualization and intent to work better than the tactile method I used in macro-PK.

I wouldn't recommend experimenting unless you're in good health and have a good few months of daily meditation and energy work practice behind you, since it can be a bit of a strain on the mind and drains the vital energy fairly quickly. It's also not a healthy activity to obsess over - a lot of people get caught up in something that is relative childs play and waste a lot of time and energy that could pay off in more meaningful pursuits in the long run. On the flip side, it's a good way to build some faith in the objective existence of the metaphysical and get a handle on practical energy projection.

It gets trickier when you want to work over a distance, since the principles change somewhat, which is why most of these demonstrations will show people with their hands close to the object (the other reason simply being that the hands are naturally the easiest areas of the body to project energy from, particularly the laogong point on the center of the palm, or the index and middle finger - the sword mudra you might see some qigong healers using).
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”