Show me your books!

General conversation and mundane matters.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Show me your books!

Post by Desecrated »

Show us your book collection!

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Show me your books!

Post by Haelos »

I feel so lame. I'm like the only occultist I know who doesn't have at least one impressive book in their collection.

Most of my good books are digital, though I am proud to admit a couple of them are still relatively rare.

The only impressive -looking/-feeling books I own are the books I've written myself, which are measly pocket-sized little things. My various grimoires, and such. I have like 5 different hard-cover blank books I use for my magic, at least two of which are extremely nicely done, with a lot of comprehensive information on some select subjects. I have to say that there's probably no other book that covers the use of LSD as well as my own black book does.

Otherwise, as I said, I have very few books in general, and none of any worthy note. I have a stack of roughly 50 Shonen Jump magazines, and all but three volumes in Death Note. That's almost 100% of my physical books.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Haelos wrote:I feel so lame. I'm like the only occultist I know who doesn't have at least one impressive book in their collection.

Most of my good books are digital, though I am proud to admit a couple of them are still relatively rare.

The only impressive -looking/-feeling books I own are the books I've written myself, which are measly pocket-sized little things. My various grimoires, and such. I have like 5 different hard-cover blank books I use for my magic, at least two of which are extremely nicely done, with a lot of comprehensive information on some select subjects. I have to say that there's probably no other book that covers the use of LSD as well as my own black book does.

Otherwise, as I said, I have very few books in general, and none of any worthy note. I have a stack of roughly 50 Shonen Jump magazines, and all but three volumes in Death Note. That's almost 100% of my physical books.
I think it's fairly common today to have mostly digital books.

But still, 50 jump is a pretty good stack. is it the weekly or the monthly issues?

EEHC
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by EEHC »

I have pretty much everything written by Tolkien, A Song Of Ice And Fire, H.P. Lovecraft, J.K. Rowling and Dan Brown. Some Sci-fi novels.

I have like 40 esoteric/occult paper books, which is not very impressive. Most are in french language. Every few months I am looking for some new titles at a secondhand book sale organzied by my local library. Recently, I got Perdurabo by Richard Kaczynski on Amazon.

As for digital books, I have more than a hundred titles in PDF format on a USB flashdrive.

I have no picture to show as my books are in cardboard boxes. Still looking for a new bookcase.

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

I'm pretty chaotic when it comes to books... I also don't have much to brag about but here it is;

Fiction, fairy tales, philosophy, mythology, shamanism, poetry... a bit of everything.
novo2.jpg
Comics!
CAM03345.jpg
Very non-organised, as you can tell.
CAM03346.jpg
Other than this I've got more books lying all over the place, my collection of Shakespeare, Lewis Caroll and some more are lying under my bed (yes, I know it's terrible but it's a long story), my working desk is also kinda messy and has several books and notebooks and in my old apartment I have around 50 books I just don't know where to put... it's all scattered. I just realized I'm really messy. :( I would really like to start organizing stuff into a library.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Desecrated wrote:
Haelos wrote:I feel so lame. I'm like the only occultist I know who doesn't have at least one impressive book in their collection.

I think it's fairly common today to have mostly digital books.

But still, 50 jump is a pretty good stack. is it the weekly or the monthly issues?

U.S. Monthly, with a few duplicates. I was subscribed for several years. Still have my Yu-Gi-Oh collection, even.
From what I know, Weekly Jump is only serialized in Japan. That magazine has a lot more cool features than Monthly U.S. SJ has.

Haven't been too into manga lately.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

I wish I had books...

The only book I had was called: "Physics Of The Impossible",
By; "Michio Kaku". ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

EEHC wrote:I have pretty much everything written by Tolkien, A Song Of Ice And Fire, H.P. Lovecraft, J.K. Rowling and Dan Brown. Some Sci-fi novels.
Do you have any of the anniversary editions???

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Ušušur wrote: Fiction, fairy tales, philosophy, mythology, shamanism, poetry... a bit of everything.
novo2.jpg
Comics!
CAM03345.jpg

This is what I like to see. A huge chunk of non-organized miscellaneous books. A neatly-collected pile of precious comics.

(Broken picture quotes)
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Haelos wrote:
Ušušur wrote:

This is what I like to see. A huge chunk of non-organized miscellaneous books. A neatly-collected pile of precious comics.
[eg] [eg] [eg]

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

Hmm will try to take a picture of my library. I have a room set aside for my collection. Mind you not all of it occult. It ranges from poetry/art to scientific and even antiques. I'm a book nut [blush]

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

I am sorry for such a bad picture. I don't have any space in my room and as a student of English Literature my collection is always growing. These are all I have at the moment. All my occult books are in my Google Drive. In my humble opinion I have quite a delicious collection there and I swear I am going to kill myself if I ever lose my drive [confused] .

In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

Not all my books, but my favorite, physical occult texts.
Beloved of Set

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Hadit wrote:Image

Great arrangement Hadit [thumbup] .
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Now with sticky goodness, as this is an add to thread.

I will be buying more soon and will post my shelves, they're very messy, so no worries on that, lol.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

Napoli wrote:
Hadit wrote:
Great arrangement Hadit [thumbup] .
Thanks! Definitely my favorite altar to date, though I like to change it often.
Beloved of Set

wileychaote
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by wileychaote »

Late and pointless reply. (Deal with it [rofl] )

Most of the books I have sitting on my chiffonier are literary classics.
Save for one Rune book, Religion and Anthropology type books are the closest I have.
And, unless I come across something I absolutely can't live without, I'll keep my occult studies digital mostly

Also this was started on my birthday [yay]

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

I have only one book in my collection.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

777Sloan wrote:I have only one book in my collection.
A rather small collection. My 3y old daughter got more variety, she is catching up me now.
Hers only bottom two shelves now, but growing rapidly, taking over more and more real estate as days go.

Deputy276
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deputy276 »

My books are more instructional manuals than any kind of "classic" books. I prefer the practical and have no interest in complex mumbo-jumbo magic or fiction.
Attachments
portal.jpg
gates.jpg
Directory.jpg

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Entire library made only of S. Rob books?

Deputy276
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deputy276 »

Nope...I have MANY more and am still updating it. Just 3 of my favorites. I prefer books that I have found actually WORK. I see no point in having a huge library of fluff. [greensmile]

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Deputy276 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:07 pm Nope...I have MANY more and am still updating it. Just 3 of my favorites. I prefer books that I have found actually WORK. I see no point in having a huge library of fluff. [greensmile]
Oh I see.
I my self, a bit of a snob, I like new, even if complex and obscure ideas, fundamentals analysed and contemplated, with no clear instructions of how to apply those or even if those can be applied. I like hunting for hidden gems, often hidden in strangest and unexpected places. Doing quest in the weirder planes and realities, I like finding "new gods" rather then focusing exclusively on the "old ones" and making my own concoctions for fun experiments, rather than just using tried and tested recipes of others. It's way more fun that way, even if not as "profitable" (in any sense).
But I avoid those kinds of literature, mostly because my views is often differ by 180 degrees from views expressed in there. Especially when it comes to "demons", "hell", I would never dare to even consider doing some things that are some people are teaching out there.

Deputy276
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deputy276 »

Cerber wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:19 am
Deputy276 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:07 pm Nope...I have MANY more and am still updating it. Just 3 of my favorites. I prefer books that I have found actually WORK. I see no point in having a huge library of fluff. [greensmile]
Oh I see.
I my self, a bit of a snob, I like new, even if complex and obscure ideas, fundamentals analysed and contemplated, with no clear instructions of how to apply those or even if those can be applied. I like hunting for hidden gems, often hidden in strangest and unexpected places. Doing quest in the weirder planes and realities, I like finding "new gods" rather then focusing exclusively on the "old ones" and making my own concoctions for fun experiments, rather than just using tried and tested recipes of others. It's way more fun that way, even if not as "profitable" (in any sense).
But I avoid those kinds of literature, mostly because my views is often differ by 180 degrees from views expressed in there. Especially when it comes to "demons", "hell", I would never dare to even consider doing some things that are some people are teaching out there.
LOL...you are not a snob...just a different means to reach a goal. I prefer a more practical approach to my goals. "If it works, don't mess with it" type of thing. Yes, some things are quite risky. But I have found "the higher the risk, the higher the gain". [wink2]

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Deputy276 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:52 pm
Cerber wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:19 am
Oh I see.
LOL...you are not a snob...just a different means to reach a goal. I prefer a more practical approach to my goals. "If it works, don't mess with it" type of thing. Yes, some things are quite risky. But I have found "the higher the risk, the higher the gain". [wink2]
My spirit animal is a Sloth, slow and steady

Return to “Off-Topic”