Newbie wants to understand Magick

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

lovebugg305
Forum Member
Forum Member

Newbie wants to understand Magick

Post by lovebugg305 »

Good evening board members,

Ive been fascinated with Magick for alot of years, and throughout my life I have glanced at alot of books. Most books show you techniques (rituals) to performing magick, but none of them give you an explanation on how it works, a real understanding for it !

I have been practicing deep mediation for months and have the capability to awaken my kundalini (3rd eye) through candle gazing. Once in this trance I can see the world from a different perspective. I can see the light, the energy ! If you have never seen it , its hard to explain it! The world begins to look like 3-d and I actually see through my skin, and see my muscles and the blood flowing through the muscle.

Once I am in this trance, I would like to know how to use it with magick ! I have tried to scry into crystal balls and black mirrors to no avail. I dont know what I am doing wrong?

If possible, May someone with experience point me in the direction in using the 3rd eye with magick. I will like to know how to use my gift and actually understand it .

Thank in advance!!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Newbie wants to understand Magick

Post by Desecrated »

Magic is manifesting your own will.

What do you want to see?

lovebugg305
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by lovebugg305 »

Id like to be able to scry and see anything or anywhere I want !

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Then all you have to do is keep looking.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Okay, first off, shame on everything in this thread.

Second;
Benjamin Rowe's a Short Course on Scrying
Initiation into Hermetics, by Franz Bardon.
The science of Breath
Any book that has the word "theory" anywhere in it.
Every other thread on this forum.
Shinichi's Fundamental Development.

I could go on. Need I?
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

What?

It's not your place to qualify what other members post nor is it to deride such either. If you feel a post is problematic report it to staff and we will decide if it is so.

@ lovebugg305:
Most books show you techniques (rituals) to performing magick, but none of them give you an explanation on how it works, a real understanding for it !
This is very true.

I agree with Desecrated, you just need to keep looking, as you can already perceive beyond the normative.

Scrying through objects is useful if you cannot percieve without an external medium, but as you can, that may be why it is not a method you have had success with.

Keep up with the candle trataka, you've not been doing this for very long so far and your success is a very good sign, but it will improve greatlywith more practice. I recommend expanding on the exercise: gaze at other foci as well as candle flames, start experimenting a little and also to extend the time spent in gazing.

It may be that scrying though objects will work for you with a little tweaking of technique, if you feel it is something you really want to engage with, but it may be a question of experience so far and in how you shift your focus from the third eye to the object itself. I'm not sure atm and would need more information before qualifying this any further.

May I ask how easy it is for you to shut off the ability once you've finished ?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Nahemah wrote:
What?

It's not your place to qualify what other members post nor is it to deride such either. If you feel a post is problematic report it to staff and we will decide if it is so.
guys hush. let desecrated be a little lazy sometimes.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

The guy obvious knows what he is doing. He is getting results. And didn't strike me as a book nerd that needs to read half a library.
If he has gotten this far using intuition and hard work he should simply continue doing that.

lovebugg305
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by lovebugg305 »

Naemah: I can snap out of the trance instantly

As far as my technique, is to stare at a candle without blinking for 3-4 hours, but it takes about 30 minutes into a session to start getting into "the zone".

While I take deep, controlled breaths, I focus the "exhalation pressure" into my eyes.

For example: If you hold your breath right now, you can feel the blood pressure in your face. Well, when you exhale while meditating, try to focus that same pressure into your eyes when your exhaling.

Off topic, when I was sitting in the doctors office last week, waiting for him. I was really bored so I started to gaze at the wall without blinking, and the picture on the wall that I was gazing started to illuminate to me. It started to glow around the edges.

Anyways, Once I realized I could accomplish something "alot cannot", I have been glimpsing through books for using this with a direction.

I have recently read that Nostradamus used a copper bowl for his divination (not a crystal ball, black mirrors, or black bowls). .

Nostradamus supposedly learned his techninque from reading Iamchibus. Iamchibus also talked about using a Copper Bowl

Yesterday, I also read in the book by King Solomon: Hygromanteia , that Solomon also used a Copper Bowl.

So I ordered a Copper Bowl today to see if that will help me with my scrying goals

Any other input you guys might have for me will be greatly appreciated. I just hope that I cannot find something special to do with this and end up quiting out of frustration.
Last edited by lovebugg305 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Nothing that was said was report worthy, and I'm not going to go into my grievances if they cannot be easily seen.

I hope you find what you're looking for, OP.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

guys hush. let desecrated be a little lazy sometimes.
That would be a no from me and all members are subject to the same forum posting rules, regardless of their own opinions on the matter.

It is not ok to call out another member like this and it's for staff to decide if a post or thread is problematic.

The post I made was an informal and polite notice as per our rules for forum conduct.

It stands.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

You guys are making a hen out of a feather.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

And back on topic now...
The guy obvious knows what he is doing. He is getting results. And didn't strike me as a book nerd that needs to read half a library.
If he has gotten this far using intuition and hard work he should simply continue doing that.
Agreed.
Anyways, Once I realized I could accomplish something "alot cannot", I have been glimpsing through books for using this with a direction.
You can use it for any purpose you wish to, observing energy flows, directing energy flows or travelling through them if you wish to...for just a few examples.

The direction you wish to take it in is up to you, but it would be helpful to know what your underlying interests are, magickally speaking and paradigmally speaking. It seems from your posting so far that you are ceremonially inclined, is that so?

This ability means that you can bypass certain ritualisations that others use to achieve gnosis/ trance states, however, control is a factor, so that's why I asked about 'switching off'.

Are you a lucid dreamer or do you wish to work with Astral/ Etheric journeying at all?

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse!
Nahemah wrote:
Desecrated wrote:The guy obvious knows what he is doing. He is getting results. And didn't strike me as a book nerd that needs to read half a library.
Agreed.
I don't agree. From what I've read, Lovebugg is pretty lost about what's happening to him/her. I don't think Lovebugg has a "ceremonial" inclination. It's pretty much more mystical than magical, but now it's looking for magickal orientation.

Lovebugg, THE BOOK you need to read to expand your abillity and improve it, it's Initiation into Hermetics of Franz Bardon. Do the "levels" completly. With your skills you'll be able to achive success in the first levels pretty fast, then you get to travel other realms and meet spiritual beings. I'm guessing that's what you're looking for.

Becareful with "forcing" too much energy to your eyes, you may cause damage and "never stop seeing", or actually damage your physical sight. Be more gentle with your eyes.

Saravá
Idansinají

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

WillowDarkWytch wrote:Motumbá Àse!
Nahemah wrote:
Desecrated wrote:The guy obvious knows what he is doing. He is getting results. And didn't strike me as a book nerd that needs to read half a library.
Agreed.
I don't agree. From what I've read, Lovebugg is pretty lost about what's happening to him/her. I don't think Lovebugg has a "ceremonial" inclination. It's pretty much more mystical than magical, but now it's looking for magickal orientation.

Lovebugg, THE BOOK you need to read to expand your abillity and improve it, it's Initiation into Hermetics of Franz Bardon. Do the "levels" completly. With your skills you'll be able to achive success in the first levels pretty fast, then you get to travel other realms and meet spiritual beings. I'm guessing that's what you're looking for.

Becareful with "forcing" too much energy to your eyes, you may cause damage and "never stop seeing", or actually damage your physical sight. Be more gentle with your eyes.

Saravá
Idansinají
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Nostradamus supposedly learned his techninque from reading Iamchibus. Iamchibus also talked about using a Copper Bowl

Yesterday, I also read in the book by King Solomon: Hygromanteia , that Solomon also used a Copper Bowl.
I assumed ceremonial interest vis the Western Mystery Tradition, from this part of Lovebugg's post, which is why I asked the question, as it is only an assumed thought which may not be accurate.

I have a copper singing bowl, which may be something you might want to try out too, Lovebugg, re: experimentation. Or not, of course.

Time perception when in trance states is rather interesting isn't it?

And for me the magickal is not at all disconnected from the mystical. IMMV, of course.

lovebugg305
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by lovebugg305 »

Thank you guys so far for all your input.

Yesterday I had quite a differently unique experience id like to share...

One thing I forgot to mention is that I usually put in / earplugs when when I begin to candle gaze, so I cannot be distracted, and I don not take them off until I am exhausted and finish my session.

Anyways, yesterday night, I started to candle gaze and when I got into "the zone" I was surrounded and aborbed by the light. Once I was I was in the trance I decided to take off my earplugs this time and close my eyes.

I was able to listen to the energy surrounding us, and it seemed like I was tapping into the cosmic conscious. I was able to see by listening. Almost felt like telepathy, if that what Telepathy is suppose to feel like.

It was very interesting. I just dont know if the things that I was seeing by listening was some force I was tapping into, or if it was just part of my own creative inner thoughts that were being awakened!

Nonetheless, I will keep experimentation going until I can hopefully find something interesting to do with it.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Motumbá Àse!

Nahemah, ofcourse. I just point out what my impression on the subject was. I'm not saying that mystical and magickal are separated, but a person may be more inclined to one side than the other... seldom we find someone just in the middle, right? And sometimes it depends on the day. Me myself sometimes I'm pretty mystical, and other days just plain magickian

I'm not related to "IMMV", could you tell me what it means? My mother linguage is spanish so, even though I speak english I'm not familiar to all the "slang" hehehe

Lovebugg, "spirit" enters through eyes, ears, nose and mouth... even through anus and vagina. When you "uncover" your ears you're consciously "opening" that entrance. Maybe that's why your experience this time felt more "whole", more complete.

Saravá!
Idansinají

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Sorry.

Probably old fashioned now, lol, but it was common forum shorthand for Individual Mileage May Vary.

It just means that I am aware my own thoughts/ idea/ opinions are not the only or even perhaps the most appropriate ones for the situation or subject being discussed.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Nahemah wrote:Sorry.

Probably old fashioned now, lol, but it was common forum shorthand for Individual Mileage May Vary.

It just means that I am aware my own thoughts/ idea/ opinions are not the only or even perhaps the most appropriate ones for the situation or subject being discussed.
LOL I get it!

Yeah, I've been far from the forum A LOT, so I guess I didnt cought that. Good to know, actually, liked it :P

Saravá!

Return to “Beginners Info”