Is Zozo a type of demon?

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Is Zozo a type of demon?

Post by Liberator »

People who have used ouijia boards that have reported bad experiences talk about being interrupted by an entity which calls itself "Zozo". The entity hijacks ouijia board sessions and is said to bring harm to users. Any idea what kind of being it is? If a demon then what kind?:

http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2014/ ... henomenon/

TheBreathingTribunal
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Is Zozo a type of demon?

Post by TheBreathingTribunal »

Hey! Sorry for the late reply.
Zozo is also sometimes called Pazuzu. Some believe they are the same, others believe they are different. I doubt anyone knows for sure though. Anyways, Zozo is indeed a demon or some sort of malevolent spirit. Interesting fact, Pazuzu/Zozo is the entity featured in many occult/demon based horror movies such as the Paranormal Activity movies and the Exorcist movies. (The first Exorcist movie is actually based on a real event that happened somewhere in the 1940's. It was real, unlike the Paranormal Activity movies which are mere fiction.)
“I've often thought that there isn't any "I" at all; that we are simply the means of expression of something else; that when we think we are ourselves, we are simply the victims of a delusion.”
― Aleister Crowley, Diary of a Drug Fiend

Tristran
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Tristran »

Liberator wrote:If a demon then what kind?:
Its probably the djinn named Azazel who is the jinn leader.

He has often gone under the alias Uzza and Oz. The 'O' is often linked to the Wheel of Life in Tarot Cards.
His once workmate Shemyhaza is the Tarot card of the 'hanging man' depicting his days in Tartarus (angle / Rephaim) prison for 4000 years.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

It's certainly an urban legend, that's for sure.

Poor Pazuzu, labelled, derided and demoted to a mere dial up spirit status. [crazy] Quite a fall from being a powerful God who protected pregnant women and infants, while also representing the Desert winds that bring disease and death. Sumerian Gods were demonised early on in Abrahamic faiths and Pazuzu is only one of many this happened to, but this new shit is just ultra awful lol and it's very youth oriented too isn't it?

I'm highly sceptical of this, as I am to most ouija horror stories.

I have a board, it's just a tool, like any other, basically, as any object can be a conduit of power in the hands of the knowledgeable or a conduit of fear in the hands of the ignorant.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

Nahemah wrote:It's certainly an urban legend, that's for sure.

Poor Pazuzu, labelled, derided and demoted to a mere dial up spirit status. [crazy] Quite a fall from being a powerful God who protected pregnant women and infants, while also representing the Desert winds that bring disease and death. Sumerian Gods were demonised early on in Abrahamic faiths and Pazuzu is only one of many this happened to, but this new shit is just ultra awful lol and it's very youth oriented too isn't it?

I'm highly sceptical of this, as I am to most ouija horror stories.

I have a board, it's just a tool, like any other, basically, as any object can be a conduit of power in the hands of the knowledgeable or a conduit of fear in the hands of the ignorant.
Its said though if the shuffle flies across all the letters/numbers that the spirit is trying to escape to harm you. Think its true?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

That just means more than one person is trying to dominate the movements, lol.

No, I don't believe this is harmful, unless one or more users are panicky/get scared and thus overreact, thereby harming themselves and/or others in the process of freaking out.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse

I do think is "dangerous". Most people who PLAYS with ouja boards don't know anything about occult, psychism, spiritism, spiritualism or spirits. Spirits DON'T cross "through" the ouja board, they are called by us and they just comunicate "through the board", but they might stay in the place if they wanted to. That's why is dangerous, and if you're a good and experience who can exorcise the spirit, then you DON'T NEED a ouija board to spirit comunication.

As Nahemah says, this Zozo thing is very urban horror story, and very teenage thing. This doesn't mean that is fake but I think that many times is just histerical.

The bad thing with the board or similar "games" is that you don't have a way to actually confirm who you're talking to, unless you have psychic vision or clarevoyance, etc. So the danger of being talking with any dead who might be needy or angry it's very high. Demons coming through the board??? That's very Hollywood and seldom happens. I don't think that always you have a real manifestation, sometimes it's just kids playing to get scared. But sometimes they do call something and don't know how to handle it.

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Oiuja boards developed from the fraudulent practices of Victorian charlatans, who were out to seperate the grieving, vulnerable and gullible from their wealth.

Read all about it here...

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/history.html

There is no historical provenance for these items being legitimate tools for contacting the dead outside of this Victorian middle class millieu. The hype that has surrounded these items since is therefore attached to this most salient of facts.

You are not opening any portals, unless you deliberately do so prior to, or within any rituals that are concurrent with the use of the board. Contact with any entities is therefore dependent on those already present during use, vis contacting one's own unconscious self or that of others and regarding any other relevant factors or circumstances that may be ongoing during the attempted use of the board.

In short, however, if you are scared of the board and believe it is harmful, don't use one...

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

I see you don't get the whole thing "calling forth" a spirit. It doesn't matter if it is with a ouija board or just a glass in a crystal table, dead spirits always come when summoned, the thing is, do the spirits we are calling the ones that come?? That's the problem.

Wether it is with a ouija, a glass in a crystal table or a glass of water and a candle, the easiest "esoteric" thing to do in the whole wide world is to call the dead spirits. As it's really hard to get the exact one that we want through those methods.

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Note: all posting in this topic by me is done as a member and practising occultist and as such, there will be no moderations performed by me here, so if any need for actions arise, they will be handled by another staff member.

I see you didn't read the material posted through the link.

Ouija ' boards' were created by fraudulent mediums, as a simpler way to work the con than the other effects they had previously used, due to the other commonly used operations being openly proven as false and fraudulent when subjected to close scrutiny. The boards in turn were also proven to be tools for the tricks, when similarly scrutinised.

Yet here you are claiming I don't understand about ouija boards, though I do use one as I admitted I do and you claim I don't understand about entity evocation either, yet I clearly also stated that any summoning or evocation that may occur is coincidental to the board use and caused by other potential or participatory forces, which are also subject to the presence of those within the room or area used.

You are defending against an argument I didn't make here, why is that?

I think you are confusing my personal disbelief in the superiority [ and pre-human existence]of any external godhead, with an assumption you've made that my atheism must also mean a total disbelief in any entity that exists outwith concrete material realms. This is a false assumption.

And I find this very interesting and strange, as a statement:
dead spirits always come when summoned
Better not be grieving and wishing a loved one wasn't gone then, or the world will become awash with the summoned spirits of the dead.
Wether it is with a ouija, a glass in a crystal table or a glass of water and a candle, the easiest "esoteric" thing to do in the whole wide world is to call the dead spirits. As it's really hard to get the exact one that we want through those methods.
No more mirrors at slumber parties? Perhaps that will stop the madness of at least some of these always successful evocations.

So, why is this site and so many other forums awash with years of evidence of evocation failures and pleas from those who cannot summon anything successfully, whether dead, alive or otherwise?

Or is it that evocation is actually so piss easy that we can all completely disregard the entire canon of all Occult teaching that says otherwise?

You are not making much sense here, what you say is quite contradictory, but you do seem to live in a world populated by constant fear of possession and hostile entities being everywhere around you and that is very sad, if it is so, especially when such fearful attitudes can also infect those who are just starting out and prevent them from trying to learn more.

I reiterate once more, ouija boards are not adequate summoning or evocation apparatuses and the hype surrounding them has been generated by ignorance and fear and perpetuated by more of the same.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

I didn't read it because I'm not talking about if the boards are real or not, I'm saying that are tools that work or might work.

I don't CLAIM anything about you. I said "I see you don't get the whole thing "calling forth" a spirit." because of what you post. I'm not defending my self nor anything of anything.
I think you are confusing my personal disbelief in the superiority [ and pre-human existence]of any external godhead, with an assumption you've made that my atheism must also mean a total disbelief in any entity that exists outwith concrete material realms. This is a false assumption.
You're assuming because I've never said that.

As for dead spirit, when you grieve, you actually may bring forth the dead one. I recomend you to read some spiritism literature, I see you don't know that much about the subject.

As for evocation... People fail to SEE, to HEAR or CONFIRM that something happened. "Energy follows thought"

You tend to rush to answer and clearly don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not defending the board, I'm not saying that wasn't created by frauds, I'm saying it DOES work, maybe not always but it happens, I've seen shit happend after people played with it, and other kin games. Maybe you have't had to fix anything like that but doesn't mean that doesn¿t exist.

Be more opened [thumbup]
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

- Dion Fortune

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

You seem to 'see' a lot don't you, yet you have only assumptions and ad hominems to make as a response when you are challenged on what you 'see'.

If you read the material posted previously, which is very pertinent to the topic question originally posted, you may have been better able to understand the post made around it.

You also haven't given answers to the questions I asked regarding this:
dead spirits always come when summoned
Wether it is with a ouija, a glass in a crystal table or a glass of water and a candle, the easiest "esoteric" thing to do in the whole wide world is to call the dead spirits.
So, why is this site and so many other forums awash with years of evidence of evocation failures and pleas from those who cannot summon anything successfully, whether dead, alive or otherwise?

Or is it that evocation is actually so piss easy that we can all completely disregard the entire canon of all Occult teaching that says otherwise?
I recomend you to read some spiritism literature, I see you don't know that much about the subject.
Ooh, another mistaken assumption on your part, perhaps you can't 'see' as well as you think you can?

You really should have read the posted link, as you might not have made this statement had you done so. The Fox sisters, lol.

So shall we argue Kardec now? This is a rhetorical question, so lets not. By the way, I do not misunderstand this subject, nor am I ignorant of it, I do however, disagree with you about ouija boards and what they can do and that is not at all the same thing.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Note: all posting in this topic by me is done as a member and practising occultist and as such, there will be no moderations performed by me here, so if any need for actions arise, they will be handled by another staff member.
I'm here and happy to moderate if needed but it doesn't seem necessary at this point unless someone requests it. It's an interesting debate and I think educational for others to read. And just on a personal level I don't believe either of you are ignorant on the topic, just approaching it from very different paradigms which hold different (and maybe opposing) assumptions about reality.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Sometimes I feel that english not being my first linguage kind of "shortens" me when it comes to debate. If this were spanish, I wouldn't get so tired thinking how to say something.
You have good enough English understanding to insult and make personal attacks when your ideas get challenged, however.

You can reply in Spanish if you wish, I can get it translated by a friend. If that's easier it's fine by me.
I get bored with you.
And you still didn't answer the legitimate, topic relevant questions I asked you. This is an attempt to save face and avoid looking ignorant by insulting me. I don't care about your boredom and it dosen't upset me any.

The questions still stand. This is a vague and ill defined response that dosen't actually answer anything.

You claimed this to be spirits of the dead, remember and you alluded to ouija trouble being due to the 'dead always coming when called', it's not me who went off topic, it was you.
As for evocation... People fail to SEE, to HEAR or CONFIRM that something happened. "Energy follows thought".
Are you actually inferring that all summonings are always successful, but many are completely unrecognised or unknown to the summoners?

You don't have a high opinion of evocationists do you, or is it the spirits that you think are feeble and unable to register their presence?

Clouding this by claiming I just 'don't get it' is a weak and deflective response.

The OP is about manifestations through ouija boards...just as a reminder.

Is Zoso a type of demon?

by Liberator » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:03 pm

People who have used ouijia boards that have reported bad experiences talk about being interrupted by an entity which calls itself "Zozo". The entity hijacks ouijia board sessions and is said to bring harm to users. Any idea what kind of being it is? If a demon then what kind?:

Greed is cancer.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

You know, I first wrote it in spanish, but then I realised it was easier to translate it than to just write it in english. So, I translated it.

It's really futile trying to explain something so simple to someone without the basic theorical knowledge nor the experience to recognise which phenomena could manifest or develop in a spiritualist seance.

You insist in wanting me to read "the origin of the ouija board" and about fraudulent mediums when actually is absolutely out of place when discussing the backround subject, which is the manifestation of a "spirit/demon" named Zozo. Also when we discuss the board's competence in generating manifestations, it´s irrelevant by who and for what was created. What is of our interest are the phenomena that do happen after it's creation. And yes, there are real manifestations of spirits. Even you yourself said you use it, but I guess is funnier to argue and try to step as the smart one. I won't answer your question because they're absolutely pointless.

True Evocation is not something that anyone with a Ritual Magick Book and a Grimoire may do. Spirits come, the thing is that evocationists, as you call them, are not prepared.Is not that the spirits don't "register" their presence, is that the evocator cannot sense it. There's a difference. Any trained, well formed magician will support that. That's why is a dangerous operation. It's not as they usually say online.

You telling me, and kind of laughing at, that spirits don't come when summoned. Have you ever exorcised a house? An obsessed personed? do you know what is "obsessed"? Have you attended/served dead people? have you been a channel to spirits of the dead? I don't think so. The dead are differente from angels and demons, which are evoked in ceremonial rituals. In necromancy you may summon a dead person, and it's not hard. The hard part is sending it away.

To much historic data and little content of experience, that's what always comes through you

Have an excellent day

PS: Writing first in spanish was very helpful, I feel I said everything just as I wanted to. Thank you! A and:
Is Zoso a type of demon?

by Liberator » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:03 pm

He clearly is speaking about Zozo and not ALL the ouija board experiences. I think you might have little trouble with reading comprehension.
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

- Dion Fortune

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I think you might have little trouble with reading comprehension.
Any time this type of stuff is being said, you know the discussion has gotten off topic. And also rude and inflammatory.

I'm closing this.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I reopened this thread, as the last post deserves an answer.

Please be assured WillowDarkWytch, that if you behave like this in any other thread, with any other member, you will receive infractions.

Read the forum posting rules carefully and make sure you understand them, please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who have used ouijia boards...
The first part of the first sentence.

As for comprehension...

No trouble at all actually. It's all a matter of object and subject. This thread was about ouija boards, with the specific reference to a particular phenomenon attached to it's use.
It's really futile trying to explain something so simple to someone without the basic theorical knowledge nor the experience to recognise which phenomena could manifest or develop in a spiritualist seance.
Uhuh. You do realise the above contradicts the below?

And it is absolutely in place, it is extremely relevant to the topic at hand and regarding the history and traditions, fear, superstitions and indeed, adaptive purposes/ new uses that have grown up around the board too., by magickians like me.

You have no idea what I can do with mine, but you short sightedly assumed I 'admitted' using one, like it's a proof or claim that there's only one way to do so. Or one belief set that validates using such tools. How very narrow minded of you.
You insist in wanting me to read "the origin of the ouija board" and about fraudulent mediums when actually is absolutely out of place when discussing the backround subject, which is the manifestation of a "spirit/demon" named Zozo. Also when we discuss the board's competence in generating manifestations, it´s irrelevant by who and for what was created. What is of our interest are the phenomena that do happen after it's creation. And yes, there are real manifestations of spirits. Even you yourself said you use it, but I guess is funnier to argue and try to step as the smart one. I won't answer your question because they're absolutely pointless.
I did talk of manifestation, yes, I also debunked this as being through the use of the board, while acknowledging manifestestations can occur in the spatial theatre of use and I gave reasons for that also.

Clearly the act of someone who cannot evoke and does not know anything and has no valid experience, eh?

The board as a fraud's tool is highly relevant to the zozo phenomenon and to the many other reported cases of 'hauntings' happening to dabbling youths that have been generated before and since.

You won't answer my questions because you can't answer my questions. Man up.

Have you ever exorcised a house?
Exorcised is such a Christian term. I've cleansed, cleared, banished, bounded out and warded and re-warded houses, if that's what you mean?
An obsessed personed? do you know what is "obsessed"?
You don't know I have OCD do you? Lolololol.

Ah, seriously, anyway... I do indeed, obsession is not uncommon in these parts, again, we don't do the Christian idea of evil or demons, so exorcism is not the correct term to use here again.

Have you attended/served dead people? have you been a channel to spirits of the dead?

I don't think so.
Good for you, you are entitled to your opinion, but it's an ill informed and ignorant one, nonetheless.
The dead are differente from angels and demons, which are evoked in ceremonial rituals. In necromancy you may summon a dead person, and it's not hard. The hard part is sending it away.
I don't do Christianity or Abrahamism, as I've said already. But thanks for the attempt to lecture on it, regardless.

I have researched the theology of Abrahamism, I was taught Roman Catholicism as a child, learned Latin too, your necromancy is not mine either, as we don't summon the dead back to us in my traditional background, our customs, heritage and our culture is resplendent with rites and rituals for the dead and with the dead : they live on within us, mostly, though, through mind and memory. We can go to them, some of us, if the time and place are right to do so. You wouldn't understand this, though, so don't bother yourself trying.

We gave you Halloween, after all.

Guising is Scots, the dressing up ritual.

Want to know why it's done?

Or why offerings are given?

These are from us and so much more.

Spirituality does not have to necessitate religion, nor does honouring your bloodline and working with the memory of ancestors, not where I'm from anyway.

But yeh...
To much historic data and little content of experience, that's what always comes through you
Aw, another insult that missed by a mile.

I have 3600 odd posts here, have you read them all? That's a little stalky.

Always?

I don't tend to talk much about personal interactions and experiences on the forum these days, but I have done so here in the past and may do again at some point, as and when I choose to.

I don't generally talk about my cultural background, ancestral heritage or customs and cultural beliefs, which I utilise very much in my practices, either. But to assume I have no magickal experience of entities, manifestations or crossing the space between worlds, or of the dead, because I am not religious and have no gods as you understand them, is to totally misunderstand and insult something you know absolutely nothing about.

Return to “Theistic Satanism”