DUME candle?

When things don't go as planned, crises and unexpected situations.

CrisCo71
Forum Member
Forum Member

DUME candle?

Post by CrisCo71 »

I'm in a situation that I can't begin to describe the depths of, but surmise to say that I'm considering lighting a DUME candle.

I truly believe that every single "person" that makes the list deserves what they've got coming and then some, but I'm still concerned about backlash. I've avoided black magick to this point - if nothing else for concern over karmic effects. But the more I learn, the more the whole moral compass between white/gray/black gets muddled. It would seem that using any form of black if the intention is altruistic is, for lack of better terminology - excusable?

So the question is - would backlash from use a DUME candle (or similar) be negated if the reason for using one is completely justified?

Thanks!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: DUME candle?

Post by Desecrated »

Every action has a reaction.

It's not about should you do it or not, it's more about can you handle it or not? Take something like rigging explosives: There are people who do that on a daily basis, but if you don't know what you're doing, it might blow up in your face.

The other thing that might be worth mentioning is that magic has a nasty habit of taking it's own direction after you send it of. You'd be surprised of some of the results you get sometimes, so if you are asking for the death of your enemies. Try and picture the worst case scenario that would cause that, and how it would effect you.
If you are prepared to pay that price. Go for it.

CrisCo71
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: DUME candle?

Post by CrisCo71 »

Desecrated wrote:Every action has a reaction.

It's not about should you do it or not, it's more about can you handle it or not? Take something like rigging explosives: There are people who do that on a daily basis, but if you don't know what you're doing, it might blow up in your face.

The other thing that might be worth mentioning is that magic has a nasty habit of taking it's own direction after you send it of. You'd be surprised of some of the results you get sometimes, so if you are asking for the death of your enemies. Try and picture the worst case scenario that would cause that, and how it would effect you.
If you are prepared to pay that price. Go for it.

Thank you for the wisdom and clear analogy. The last paragraph in particular resonates with me.... and in a way, confirms my fear of the worst possible outcome - the person I hold dearest in this life getting caught in crossfire.

Return to “Help!”