Caffeine and occult practices

For difficult to define queries.

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Caffeine and occult practices

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

So I basically decided to start this thread to know more about fellow occultists' consumption of caffeine and how it relates to their work Are you a heavy coffee drinker or do you prefer tea? Do you need it first thing in the morning or are you drinking it specifically to enhance your psychic abilities in certain occasions?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Caffeine and occult practices

Post by Nahemah »

I indulge, caffieine and other drugs.

It is life itself, according to some.

Why?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I don't avoid it, but I don't seek it out either.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse

I tried both ways, drugs/no drugs, and as in what's better for occcult "faculties", it was the same. So I do drink with friends (not everyday and not every weekend), I smoke and drink coffee. My magics aren't negatively affected.

Just don't abuse. Don't use drugs like alcohol, cigarettes, pod (for example), coffee or any drugs (unless that's the objetive of the experiment or it's part of your work) just before rituals. Try to fast or do some body/internal cleansing.

That's all.

In these matters there are no absolutes. Orientalists are very "no drug" deals

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

I'm pretty clean myself. I do consume alcohol, am a tea-addict and smoke cigars but only as an indulgence.
I did once try some mushrooms with ritual work but found that all I got from the ritual was just the shrooms messing with my head rather than any actual progress. I prefer to go clean into my workings; mind and body fully rested.

Coffee? Can't stand the stuff, it seriously messes me up and I avoid it like the plague.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”