Altar Construction and "Magical Tools" for magic/meditation

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

HVHY
Forum Member
Forum Member

Altar Construction and "Magical Tools" for magic/meditation

Post by HVHY »

This post is for everyone to post things about altars and their construction. Such as symbols, lettering, materials, etc. This post is also about "magical tools" and their construction. Such as carving wands and the various woods to use for them (in many occult books it is stated wands should be constructed of Hazel or Almond). I want to know everything about everything their is to know about ritual, altars, tools, processes, materials and substances that aid in ritual, meditation, magic, and even the body and mind as well. Before you post - know that I have no interest in foolish things and also see no point in biblical texts, the devil, "soul selling" etc.., and crude and basic symbols. My god is intelligence and the mind, and my modality of action is in correspondence to quantifications, existence, and 'nature'. Therefore, I see absolutely no point in doing various things, such as sacrifice, demon summoning, or some sort of action for initiation, to in turn give rise to another action. It's pointless. Please be intelligible and relevant when you post. My god is myself and my magic is extra-human action.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Altar Construction and "Magical Tools" for magic/meditat

Post by Desecrated »

This post is for everyone to post things about altars and their construction. Such as symbols, lettering, materials, etc. This post is also about "magical tools" and their construction. Such as carving wands and the various woods to use for them (in many occult books it is stated wands should be constructed of Hazel or Almond). I want to know everything about everything their is to know about ritual, altars, tools, processes, materials and substances that aid in ritual, meditation, magic, and even the body and mind as well. Before you post - know that I have no interest in foolish things and also see no point in biblical texts, the devil, "soul selling" etc.., and crude and basic symbols. My god is intelligence and the mind, and my modality of action is in correspondence to quantifications, existence, and 'nature'. Therefore, I see absolutely no point in doing various things, such as sacrifice, demon summoning, or some sort of action for initiation, to in turn give rise to another action. It's pointless. Please be intelligible and relevant when you post. My god is myself and my magic is extra-human action.

There is no "one" form of magic. Different traditions have different forms of altars, and I've yet to see two altars alike.
The wood used in wands differ from different purposes and from different tradition. It's not always like harry potter. You don't have one wand for your entire life. You get the one you need depending on what ritual you are to perform within a certain system.

If you don't understand the importance and relevance of biblical texts you should probably go and study some history and religion. If you want to learn about ritual magic or witchcraft. Go to a catholic mass.

You want an altar, but you're not interested in sacrifices???
That's like buying a car to store your clothes in.

I understand you enthusiasm for this, but you need to step back, take a breather and maybe research the subject a bit more. This is an enormous subject you're talking about. It's not something that any one person can know everything about and sum it up in a simple forum post.
It's pointless. Please be intelligible and relevant when you post.
How about you check your fucking attitude at the door and mind your own fucking manners. Don't fucking come into my house and tell me how to behave.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

I use crude and basic symbols cause I make them myself. They work pretty damn well. But I'm confused, is this a place for symbols but only sophisticated and advanced symbols? Also I can't really tell what you call pointless or silly, because just seconds prior you talk about hazel wands. Some people might find that very silly.

Also why don't you want to do magic that gives rise to another action? Isn't that just called, not doing magic? I would also suggest doing a lot of research, and also some soul searching as to why you are so scared of the bible, demons, and initiation. It would scare you what most mages would do for just a little initiation
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

HVHY
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by HVHY »

I am not afraid of the bible or demons. I also do not see the point in sacrifices at an altar because of what magic is to me. An altar is a subjective thing that is given meaning and is sacred to me and what I create it to be. Meaning, that if I put some harsh satanic symbol on an altar and dedicate my altar to another being with set beliefs and purpose in accordance to the subjection of that being, that is not personal, nor is it really magic. I see no point in creating an altar to sacrifice things because that is offensive to myself and to what I create magic to me. Sacrifice is pointless because I enable myself. Therefore, sacrifice becomes a pointless thing. I am not saying Hazel is the only material for wands, I am taking this from both biblical texts and alchemical texts. If you recall, Aaron had a rod made of almond. An alchemical text stated that "THE MOST EFFECTIVE" wands are wands made from hazel or from almond. The things I deem silly are worship of things outside of yourself and things that are not yourself. I see no point in worshiping "Azazel" as the practice of my magic is to sanctify myself and my own faculties. I do not need initiations or rites, because magic is not a thing that can be owned, it is something (to me) that is spontaneous and a quantification from the first movement of creation; things that exist. So, the material stated by E. A. Koetting, Dante Abiel, and other authors who I deem "foolish", will not be able to propose useful things for constructs. The need to "sacrifice" for something that should simply just happen, is almost a double negative, and a doubting of ones self and their own power. I have already done soul searching which is why I am here; to accumulate information to formulate things that a relevant, real, and applicable. I realize my own foolishness when in a way asking for symbols but not wanting foolish ones. Symbols are multi-vocal and the meaning of a symbol is subjective. An example of what I see as foolish of putting on an altar is perhaps, the crude depiction (and perception) of Satan, the numbers 666, harshness, gore, blood, things that are of a lesser human devising, etc... I cannot obtain the knowledge im looking for as everything that is pro-ported on this website will be something as a result of enculturation and something not real enough for me. At most, I was looking for something to assist me in empowering myself, to further reach and grasp what it is that I am looking for and what to exist in the world.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

E.A. Koetting, I did find him interesting at first, he seemed knowledgeable.
Talked about things that fit with my ideaology, but then when I started reading
that "Become A Living God". The inevitable fiasco. An unreasonable aspiration
used as Bait. The "catch" being your credit card number.

Other similar scenarios created by him.

So now I don't pay attention to him anymore, and yes, I would say part of
what he does is "foolish", and intended to prey on the feeble minded.

Peace

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Koetting only teaches the material he was initiated under with some rituals removed, kind of like what Crowley did. He is definitely not the only one teaching this system, just the only one that published it. Obviously he's a douche, and sure, he says he "magically murdered" many people, but we've had this talk on the forum, and Koetting himself spoke of a situation where he never had to see someone again, and that they were "effectively dead" to him.

The point i'm trying to make is that not every system is made for everyone, and shutting yourself off from a system entirely because it's "icky" is only going to limit yourself in the end. People can charge whatever they want for their books, teachings, etc. Money is just energy. If you were short on funds and decided to spend them on his books and didn't take the system seriously and put everything you had into it, well of course it was a waste of money. He certainly doesn't do any worse than the 70's books filled with "How Jane Made her Enemies Flee" and "John Finds The Ultimate Spell for Lotto Winnings", and at least keeps this out of this books and on youtube

All he teaches, really, are candle meditations and how to perform Evocation properly, the way he teaches this is almost exactly how Poke and Lisiewski teach angelic evocation.

Many of us are over our "Christian" programming but truly many others need something like this in order to break through that barrier. Is it dangerous? Not any more dangerous than certain individuals Christianity has produced
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

You're not coming trough very clearly.

Do you want information about altars in general, or do you only want to know about altars that you like.

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”