August Book Haul

General conversation and mundane matters.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

August Book Haul

Post by Desecrated »

I needed a break from the serious research for a while so I got me some black magic books and some random stuff that I've been itching to pick up for a while.
I was really surprised to find that Fulcanelli had been translated to Swedish, and then the same author had been involved in 3 other books, so I got them as well.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: August Book Haul

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey Desecrated,

Whenever you have the time, care sharing your take on "Low Magic"? I feel attracted to it.

Regards

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

LoneWolf wrote:Hey Desecrated,

Whenever you have the time, care sharing your take on "Low Magic"? I feel attracted to it.

Regards
I'll get into it this weekend.
I have heard both good and bad about it and wanted to check it out for myself.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

Your book collection and monthly hauls astound me [oh]

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

isis.auset5 wrote:Your book collection and monthly hauls astound me [oh]
It's really easy to build a collection. You buy a book, read it and then buy another one. After a couple of years you end up with a lot of books.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

These came in today:
I have a friend that collects these and when ever he gets doubles, I usually buy them of him.
These are some odd numbers from 1924 and 1925 journals of "American Society for Psychical Research".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... l_Research

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Desecrated wrote:These came in today:
I have a friend that collects these and when ever he gets doubles, I usually buy them of him.
These are some odd numbers from 1924 and 1925 journals of "American Society for Psychical Research".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... l_Research
So... My intuition was right... Which both excites me and frightens me:
Hall and Amy Tanner, who observed some of the trances, explained the phenomena in terms of the subconscious mind harboring various personalities that pretended to be spirits or controls. In their view, Piper had subconsciously absorbed information that she later regurgitated as messages from "spirits" in her trances.
The subconscious harbors information while the unconscious mind acts it out.

I wonder... Where down the line of my lifetime that I heard swahili being spoken for me to have spoken swahili whilst in a trance...

I don't doubt that spirits/ghosts are real,
But a lot of the time - I think it is us who is responsible for the creepy things we exp...

The only way we can tell if it is a spirit that isn't our unconscious trucking us - is by... I.d.k. lol

I am having a hard time discerning between spirits and my own UnConscious and SubConscious. Dx

B.t.w. I'm loving your collection!

I have said it before and I'll say it again - I. Am. Sooo. Jelly of your collection!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Kurokami wrote: The subconscious harbors information while the unconscious mind acts it out.

I wonder... Where down the line of my lifetime that I heard swahili being spoken for me to have spoken swahili whilst in a trance...

I don't doubt that spirits/ghosts are real,
But a lot of the time - I think it is us who is responsible for the creepy things we exp...

The only way we can tell if it is a spirit that isn't our unconscious trucking us - is by... I.d.k. lol

I am having a hard time discerning between spirits and my own UnConscious and SubConscious. Dx
You'll probably like Jungs idea about the Collective unconscious. It throws an interesting twist on "spirits".

Return to “Off-Topic”