Dream About Embracing Death (Literal)

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dream About Embracing Death (Literal)

Post by Robin_Alexander »

Apologies if this is a bit of a silly question . . .

I had a dream just the other night that's been bugging me since.

Strangely, unlike my other dreams - which tend to be very detailed and follow a narrative - there isn't really much context for this one, just remembering the action itself . . . in the dream, I simply remember Death to be crying, who I then gave a hug to comfort and sat with him as he wept. It was very real in the tactile and emotional sense, as I felt a huge sense of empathy for him and sadness at his pain.

Usually, I would probably chalk it up to 'embracing change', as I hear death/Death is about change and transformation, but the fact he was crying strikes me as very strange . . . a friend of mine suggested it may be about accepting differences in other people, possibly symbolic of forgiveness, which could make sense.

I just wondered what other opinions may be.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Dream About Embracing Death (Literal)

Post by Nahemah »

At the risk of seeming irreverent...

ilRoSxT.jpg
If you think about it, Death has the loneliest job in the world and often the hardest. Death has to deal with the worst of human atrocities, cruelty and horror, perhaps it is sometimes a bit much even for an eternal entity...?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thank you so much for your response :)

It seems so simple, but strangely it was the last thing I even considered. That helps put the situation into a whole new perspective, as well as makes a lot of sense, and helps me to understand it a bit better. Thank you for replying :)

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

You should read Death With Interruptions, by José Saramago [happyface] great book about Death's job (it's fiction, though. But I remember it due to Nahemah's reply)

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

isis.auset5 wrote:You should read Death With Interruptions, by José Saramago [happyface] great book about Death's job (it's fiction, though. But I remember it due to Nahemah's reply)
Thanks for the recommendation :)

I just ordered a copy, so hopefully it'll arrive soon to read.

It sounds a little like "Meet Joe Black" or "Death Takes a Holiday"? :)

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

I'd never heard of those, but I went to see what they were about and it's a liiiittle like that, but not quite!

It's actually a heavy critic on society, as expected by the one and only José Saramago. Very funny book, despite that, and quite interesting. I read it this summer only and I couldn't keep it down (I'm not sure how the translation to english is, but José Saramago is known for having a very unique writing style)

Return to “Dreams and The Unconscious”