How to convert from Christianity and be accepted?

Information and advice for those new to the Occult.

Solita
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to convert from Christianity and be accepted?

Post by Solita »

I have been Catholic and Christian.

I have found that I am craving something else lately

I am not satisfied and feel like I am alone

Theistic Satanism has caught my attention. As well as various witchcraft.

This is a drastic change and my question is how do pagans/satanist/witches accept someone such as myself because I don't want to hide where I come from?

Its time for change and a new life. I feel ready but very unlearned. Plus I am in my 30's so I have not grown in any of these faiths

Any suggestions?

Hoodedrat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How to convert from Christianity and be accepted?

Post by Hoodedrat »

Just out of curiosity for what reason do you want to leave Christianity. I don't mean to pressure you or anything, I simply wanted to know if it was because of Catholicism.

I left Christianity myself for Buddhism before eventually drifting back. Now I consider myself an Ebionite; a practitioner of Jesus's original gnostic teachings. I can understand a lot of where you're coming from.
Pluviophile~ A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lluaby." - Langston Hughes

Solita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solita »

I feel as if I am being led elsewhere. I honestly can't explain it. I find myself changing and wanting different things. On a darker level

In Christianity I saw Satan as an enemy.

Lately I feel as if I want to be close to him and learn about him from a theistic view. I lack much knowledge but one thing I do know is that I couldn't see him as non existing. I believe he exists and demons as well. The other day I found myself smiling at the thought of him.

I'm ready to move on. Just need to know which road is best for me

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Don't overthink, sometimes we make problems worse by analysing them. We often assert that things should be a certain way, when in reality things will end up being completely alien to our predictions.

My advice,
"Do as thou wilt."
Live your life day by day as you see fit and don't fear the judgement of others. Discover your strengths and weaknesses and address them. The path you find yourself on naturally will be the path that is right for you. Feel free to PM me if you want advice.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Solita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solita »

Daud wrote:Don't overthink, sometimes we make problems worse by analysing them. We often assert that things should be a certain way, when in reality things will end up being completely alien to our predictions.

My advice,
"Do as thou wilt."
Live your life day by day as you see fit and don't fear the judgement of others. Discover your strengths and weaknesses and address them. The path you find yourself on naturally will be the path that is right for you. Feel free to PM me if you want advice.

Thank you :)

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Solita wrote:my question is how do pagans/satanist/witches accept someone such as myself because I don't want to hide where I come from?
No one gives a shit.

75% of Americans are christian, and you are indoctrinated into it as children. which means that 75% of American occultist at some point in their life was christian.

20% of Sweden are christian, and we are indoctrinated into it as children. which means that 20% of Swedish occultist at some point in their life was christian.

It is such a common thing that nobody is going to judge you or think anything about it.

Solita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Solita »

Desecrated wrote:
Solita wrote:my question is how do pagans/satanist/witches accept someone such as myself because I don't want to hide where I come from?
No one gives a shit.

75% of Americans are christian, and you are indoctrinated into it as children. which means that 75% of American occultist at some point in their life was christian.

20% of Sweden are christian, and we are indoctrinated into it as children. which means that 20% of Swedish occultist at some point in their life was christian.

It is such a common thing that nobody is going to judge you or think anything about it.

So people wouldn't reject me. How about Satan? I use to live quite the evangelical life.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Solita wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
No one gives a shit.

So people wouldn't reject me. How about Satan? I use to live quite the evangelical life.
Satan would probably find that all the more appealing actually, so long as your conversion is genuine.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Solita wrote:
Depends on which satan you believe in, but the general lore has him as an fallen angel. I think he can understand a change of heart.

ulvfdfgtmk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ulvfdfgtmk »

Desecrated wrote:75% of Americans are christian, and you are indoctrinated into it as children. which means that 75% of American occultist at some point in their life was christian.
This.
Depends on which satan you believe in, but the general lore has him as an fallen angel. I think he can understand a change of heart.
Also true but some would argue that this was Lucifer instead of Satan.

In case you need some ressources Solita:
http://theisticsatanism.com probably one of the best sites to get you started
https://zalbarath666.wordpress.com
http://infernaldialogues.blogspot.com
Jeremy Crow might also be of interest though he leans more towards the Gnostic Luciferian side instead of Satanism.

Also I would recommend to take it slowly. A conversion like this can take it´s time.
Good luck!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

ulvfdfgtmk wrote: Also true but some would argue that this was Lucifer instead of Satan.
And I would argue that that picture of lucifer is post-biblical and a later invention in the mythology. But as I said, there are many different versions of the same character.

Hoodedrat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hoodedrat »

The problem with Satan/Samael/Lucifer is that it's tied in with early Judeo-Christianity. There's been so many fractures since than that, just like Jesus and God, there's multiple "true accounts" of who the Devil really is
But as I said, there are many different version of the same character.
I'd say that it's less that there's different versions of the same characters as there are different competing versions of who holds the role of Satan and what purpose they play.

Anyways, having just recently contacted a Devil-like entity out there, it's certianly possible for you to have been a former Christian and broker some sort of deal. Just don't expect to be entirely safe or even have the same sort of reception as you might with the Christion God. Beings like that respect power, curiosity, and determination more than they do love and kindness.

If you'd like I can give you my own discoveries/opinions about the Devil/Satan.
Pluviophile~ A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lluaby." - Langston Hughes

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Solita wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
No one gives a shit.

Solita, see you in me. Are you going the total opposite just to break away from Christianity and not label yourself that way? When their is change, the pendulum swings. Understand, broke away at 10 years old, knew there was something wrong even then. Do believe in a Source or All That Is now as an energetic intelligent, loving glue imbued in all things. If you wish to visit the dark side it is not wrong, it is only to experience and learn who you truly are, it is your intention that will get you into trouble. Just my opinion, look deep we are light and darkness.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Return to “Beginners Info”