Long time lurker, first time poster!

Announce your presence, if you will.

drakon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Post by drakon »

I've been reading these forums since 2013, when I was first drawn to the occult by some interesting experiences I had with Ishtar/Ashtaroth, whom I have revered ever since. After my experience, I had a reading done with a very experienced occultist I know (30 + years experience) who told me that Ashtaroth is interested in working with me, among other things.

However, so far my experiences with the occult have consisted only of things out of my control, without me actually initiating anything through magick work or rituals etc. This is because I have been extremely cautious to actually actively get involved in occult practices, firstly because I am very fearful in general of the occult (I think Hollywood ghost movies have something to do with this), and secondly because almost my whole life I have had major problems with clinical depression and OCD, and I have read that mixing this with occult practice is a very, very bad idea that could even result in insanity.

What I hope to achieve here (besides socializing with what I've so far seen to be very intelligent and knowledgeable people!) is to receive guidance and feedback into dipping my feet in the occult at a very slow and comfortable pace, with the aim of being able to one day properly work and communicate with Ashtaroth/Ishtar, instead of having to go through a medium every time I want to receive guidance from Her. I also want to share the interesting experiences I've already had.

I'm a university student in my 20s, I have lived in a lot of countries throughout my life (long story).

And, I think I already made this intro way too long. :P

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster!

Post by RockDemon »

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Hi drakon, you seem to have been stalking carefully and lightly your interests, beautiful. Personally found that meditation is wonderful way to communicate with other beings, we are all blessed with these gifts. Look forward to your sharing of your experiences.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Hoodedrat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hoodedrat »

Hello. As another occult practitioner who experiences strong anxiety and OCD I feel your pain. The good news is that insanity is avoidable though one does have to be careful when poking around certian subjects. Depending on your strength of will that might not matter though.

You've certainly got a unique background which is always nice to see. Learning to communicate with Ashtaroth shouldn't be too difficult although I wouldn't be surprised if he/she encourages you to learn more.
Pluviophile~ A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lluaby." - Langston Hughes

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hi and welcome to the forum. [cool] I am also a Uni student and have ocd, so hail and well met from me too.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Introductions”