The Hermit's sexual context

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Hermit's sexual context

Post by RockDemon »

So to put the question in a straightforward way first. I did a divination regarding sexual matters and Hermit came in place of advice. So what do you think Hermit means in this case, definitely do it or definitely not to do it?
For me it is tricky to interpret it in this position. Cause on one hand I read from some sources that the Hermit is active sexual as opposed to the Lovers (and I am not sure I full grasp that idea), and on the other hand he seems to be a renunciant , a hermit after all. So what do you think it means and that divination, and what sexual context does it have in general?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: The Hermit's sexual context

Post by Desecrated »

Celibacy.

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Introspection as well as celibacy. Understand why you may have high sexual urges and come to terms with them. There may be some unconscious blocking you need to clear. Good luck! [thumbup]
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

Ah damn it, got that one too a while back. Can't believe I never thought it meant celibacy instead of just, you know, 'focus on your studies'.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

I don't think asking other people for interpretations lead to anything useful besides reading diferent interpretations and picking the one you "like". Whatever you understand as the Hermit is your message.

However and since you have asked I will share that I'm with Daud this time. I feel you must understand and reconsider your urges and "come to terms with those".

You know you have the urge to eat and therefore you eat. You also don't always eat cake but pick what fits your goals and states of being. If you wanted to do some big process you would fast and prepare yourself. The same with the sexual urge. Don't just eat cake all the time, eat some greens and maybe sometimes just fast.

If It were to be my own divination I would really consider what's really behind this strong urge and if I must pursue it as frequently as I am doing now. Personally I know that I too have a strong sex urge because I feel disconnected from most people and sex I believe is the purest communication. I lack this connection and therefore have the urge to spend many energy and time seeking to fullfil it. This takes some time off my highest aspirations.

What you are requested to do, I believe, is this self-analysis.

Regards

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

It means that your sexual life is going to be great, but you have to work on something on before. It's not a good time to get involved in any sexual activity at this moment.
Only Lovers Left Alive

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Desecrated wrote:Celibacy.
As always straight to the point and laconic, love it. [grin]
LoneWolf wrote:I don't think asking other people for interpretations lead to anything useful besides reading diferent interpretations and picking the one you "like". Whatever you understand as the Hermit is your message.
In my experience the usefulness of asking people to comment is getting other views and perspectives than your own. Please see my answer here http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 10&t=40000 I'll just quote the answer for your convenience.
RockDemon wrote:Everyone sees the things through their perspective or frame of mind. This is why I ask people to comment on my divinations - to get different views on the same thing. For instance back around a year I was looking for a job. I got 4 offers. I opened 3 cards for each offer. The job that I chose - my current job got these cards 2 and 5 wands (I may remember these incorrectly) and the 3rd one was Ace of Pentacles. I interpreted this spread that if I accept that offer I'll have to work hard but will get the worthy rewards(also Ace of Pentacles for me is a symbol of what I am calling "stability in Malkuth" which I think is an important prerequisite for one's spiritual development). Then I asked one of my friends to comment on the divinations. He said not to accept this offer because in this place I will be out of my comfort zone and will be struggling. However I chose this job. Now it passed almost a year, and you see both of us were right. Indeed I am struggling here and being out of my comfort zone frequently , but I view it as working hard and that indeed results in worthy rewards.
LoneWolf wrote:You know you have the urge to eat and therefore you eat. You also don't always eat cake but pick what fits your goals and states of being. If you wanted to do some big process you would fast and prepare yourself. The same with the sexual urge. Don't just eat cake all the time, eat some greens and maybe sometimes just fast.

If It were to be my own divination I would really consider what's really behind this strong urge and if I must pursue it as frequently as I am doing now. Personally I know that I too have a strong sex urge because I feel disconnected from most people and sex I believe is the purest communication. I lack this connection and therefore have the urge to spend many energy and time seeking to fullfil it. This takes some time off my highest aspirations.

What you are requested to do, I believe, is this self-analysis.

Regards
Yeah the thing is that strong sexual urge. It is not that I have lack of sex it is just that this strong urge results in different perversions and still remains unsatisfied making me to seek different ways... So need to learn to control it..
Seabed wrote:It means that your sexual life is going to be great, but you have to work on something on before. It's not a good time to get involved in any sexual activity at this moment.
Yes and I know exactly what to work on.

Now there remains one confusing thing guys for me that I would like to hear your opinions guys.
For the outcome (if I do not follow Hermit's advice and go on with my plans) I've got the strength card. Doesn't Strength represent the control of the energy (in this case sexual energy)? Then why would I want to follow Hermit's advice if the Strength is my outcome?

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

I thought it meant strength will be your outcome if you follow the Hermit. Or perhaps you need a strength more tantamount to the chariot, rather than the strength card.

Learning to control sexual energy is a f***ing marathon, we Vajrayanists never shut up about it. Kabbalah and tantra are essentially two sides of the same coin, cultural differences aside they are eerily similar. Sexual energy has to be harnessed if you want to get anywhere. Learning to do this by following the Hermit will definitely give you some inner strength, get ready for one hell of a battle though.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

RockDemon wrote: Now there remains one confusing thing guys for me that I would like to hear your opinions guys.
For the outcome (if I do not follow Hermit's advice and go on with my plans) I've got the strength card. Doesn't Strength represent the control of the energy (in this case sexual energy)? Then why would I want to follow Hermit's advice if the Strength is my outcome?
If you don't go full celibacy, you can still choose to control it. So it's either go 100% and get the results quick or go 90% and get the result slower.

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Seabed »

The Strength is a very challenging, your role could be strange and emotions would be hard to control. The outcome is less predictable. Quite often people ask themselves what is really going on... If you can control the situation it's a very rewarding, if you can't you will suffer or somebody else will take control over you, in order to finish the operation you can't. Tension is inevitable.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Daremo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daremo »

The hermit is connected to the letter yod which is likened to a sperm by some which gives it some sexual connection and only a single sperm can isolate itself in the egg which is very hermit like. Wilhelm reich is not a popular reference but I came to similar conclusions that he did regarding sex long before I read any of his work and that is the idea (sorry I am guessing male but women have very similar troubles) that ejaculation = orgasm and it does not seem true and this could lead to much confusion. Reich termed it orgastic potency which is a stark contrast to the general definition of sexual potentcy. I agree with reich that we sabotage ourselves when it comes to pleasure for various reasons just as we can sabotage our magickal work/spells. Masterbation is not a very popular topic either and yet the question of sex and the hermit could be implying solo sexual work and not necessarily total abstinence and that you may find it more empowering to explore this avenue for a little while.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Seabed wrote:The Strength is a very challenging, your role could be strange and emotions would be hard to control. The outcome is less predictable. Quite often people ask themselves what is really going on... If you can control the situation it's a very rewarding, if you can't you will suffer or somebody else will take control over you, in order to finish the operation you can't. Tension is inevitable.
Yes and I doubt I can control it right now.
Daremo wrote:The hermit is connected to the letter yod which is likened to a sperm by some which gives it some sexual connection and only a single sperm can isolate itself in the egg which is very hermit like. Wilhelm reich is not a popular reference but I came to similar conclusions that he did regarding sex long before I read any of his work and that is the idea (sorry I am guessing male but women have very similar troubles) that ejaculation = orgasm and it does not seem true and this could lead to much confusion. Reich termed it orgastic potency which is a stark contrast to the general definition of sexual potentcy. I agree with reich that we sabotage ourselves when it comes to pleasure for various reasons just as we can sabotage our magickal work/spells. Masterbation is not a very popular topic either and yet the question of sex and the hermit could be implying solo sexual work and not necessarily total abstinence and that you may find it more empowering to explore this avenue for a little while.
Very interesting that you posted this after I posted the question for a while.After discussing it with some of the members and reading the replies here I came to the following conclusion. I am currently practicing a book called "Multi-orgasmic man". And it is exactly about separating orgasm from ejaculation, how important it is, and why it is important. I think there are from some quotations from Reich as well. And the Hermit here suggests me to finish the practices of that book before active sexual life (or whatever).

Thanks everyone!

Daremo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daremo »

I guess I was a little slow on the draw. [grin]

I am glad you found what you needed.

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

Hermit = isolation from the physical in service to Kundalini. No more physical sex.

Or in other words, sexual union with the internal twin flame (ghost sex)

Reminds me of a vision I had at the beginning of my spiritual marriage: being put in an invisible chastity belt and burqa.

Permanent end to my sex life with humans. Sexuality transferred to astral.

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”