The Ancient and Mystical Bird Language

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Ancient and Mystical Bird Language

Post by Abyss »

“In mythology, medieval literature and occultism, the language of the birds is postulated as a mystical, perfect divine language, green language, adamic language, Enochian, angelic language or a mythical or magical language used by birds to communicate with the initiated.” Wikipedia

Mythology
“The Language of the Birds is also known as the Green Language or the Language of the Gods. It embraces Kabbalah, Astrology, Alchemy and Tarot. Its grammar is symbolism, more to the point, holographic symbolism, when properly understood.
In Kabbalah, Renaissance magic, and alchemy, the language of the birds was considered a secret and perfect language and the key to perfect knowledge, sometimes also called the langue verte, or green language (Jean Julien Fulcanelli, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa de occulta philosophia).
In the Talmud (Louis Ginzberg, Legends of the Bible, 1909), Solomon's proverbial wisdom was due to his being granted understanding of the language of birds by God.
Birds played an important role in Indo-European religion, used for divination by augurs, these customs may have their roots in the Paleolithic when during the Ice Age, early humans used to look for carrion by observing birds. From the Renaissance, it was the inspiration for some magical a priori languages, in particular musical languages.
According to Apollonius Rhodius, the figurehead of Jason's ship, the Argo, was built of oak from the sacred grove at Dodona and could speak the language of birds. The language of birds in Greek mythology may be attained by magical means. Democritus, Anaximander, Apollonius of Tyana, Tiresias, Melampus and Aesopus were all said to have understood the birds.
In Celtic mythology, birds usually represent prophetic knowledge or bloodshed (especially crows). Morrigan adopted the shape of a bird to warn the Brown Bull. Echoing stories of the Edda and the Mabinogion, Richard Wagner's Siegfried understands the birds after he tasted Fafner's blood.
The concept is also known from many folk tales (including Welsh, Russian, German, Estonian, Greek), where usually the protagonist is granted the gift of understanding the language of the birds either by some magical transformation, or as a reward for some good deed by the king of birds. The birds then inform or warn the hero about some danger or hidden treasure.
In Sufism, the language of birds is a mystical language of angels. The Conference of the Birds (mantiq at-tair) is a mystical poem of 4647 verses by the 12th century Persian poet Farid ud-Din Attar. Francis of Assisi is said to have preached to the birds.
In medieval France, the language of the birds (la langue des oiseaux) was a secret language of the Troubadours, connected with the Tarot, allegedly based on puns and symbolism drawn from homophony, e. g. an inn called au lion d'or "the Golden Lion" is allegedly "code" for au lit on dort "in the bed one sleeps" (note that this particular pun cannot be medieval, since final t was pronounced until Middle French, c.f. e.g. the 14th century loanword bonnet).
In Egyptian Arabic, hieroglyphic writing is called "the alphabet of the birds". In Ancient Egyptian itself, the hieroglyphic form of writing was given the name medu-netjer ("words of the gods" or "divine language”).” Quoted from http://www.crystalinks.com/birdlanguage.html

Language or words are very powerful they are symbols of creation as communication between life, you can use them to love, hate, separate, unit, start war, seek peace, it is actually polarity - the light and the dark for a lack of better words. The language is used to control us in many aspects of our illusionary life, sucking our energy, they are words of creation and is well known by secret societies, etc, Masonary is now dark Masonary. Here is a video, gives a long detailed explanation of this belief. Wonder if the symbols, sounds and language that we speak daily is used against us to keep our vibrations existence low. Have noticed that we have the same meaning for many symbols and words and the labels we use seem to be endless. This understanding can help us understand how a small group of people keep humanity in check. Even though this video is lengthy, it could be to your benefit to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mzgb6UnqHE

If one goes looking in ancient writing and texts, you will see this symbol quite clearly. There is Thoth, with a bird head, Isis with a set of wings, etc. Many of the beings considered gods/goddess/angels all have wings, do they really or is it just a symbol of a language used to create the illusion onto the matrix. Question whether or not these sounds that they have us speak create in all languages keep us in the sheeple affect on humanity. Have heard we created our own hell, could this be one way? Are we creating of own rituals of self destruction, using these sounds and symbols to put ourselves into a trance?

Philip Coppens
“What is “bird language”? On first inspection, it would be the language that the birds use to communicate amongst themselves. It is a language the birds understand, but we humans do not. Largely, it is a system of human communication, which has been around for a very long time, but which is ill-understood. Then again: the ability not to be understood unless by those who were initiated into the language was actually its purpose. Fulcanelli stated that the alchemists had to resort to this means in order to obscure from one that which was to be disclosed to the other. To many, the language of birds is therefore nothing more or less than a series of secret codes and phrases, which pass by in daily conversation, except for those with ears that “hear”. The most famous example of this today are certain key words, learned amongst Masons. Each group and grade of Masons has their own specific keywords, which are largely unrecognizable when spoken in daily conversation. Some of these expressions have nevertheless become part of normal parlance. One Masonic expression is “to give someone the third degree”, referring to the strenuous initiation a third degree mason had to undergo. This, together with a series of handshakes and other signals, identify a person and his role – whereby a non-Mason sitting in on the conversation may be totally unaware of what is going on.

English is largely void of a “green nature”, whereas French seems to be full of it. The words “L’hasard” – coincidence – and “Lazare” – Lazarus – are pronounced identically. But in certain conversations, people will play with these two words, and ask whether it is “L’hasard” or “Lazare”, whereby it is interpreted that “Lazare” is no coincidence at all. Anyone not “in” on the conversation will be completely bewildered and will not understand.

In the final outcome, it is nevertheless clear that Masonic and the “green language” as present in French is more a system of codes than a specific “language”. If anything, they seem to be only remains of what was once perhaps a vast system of knowledge. Taken from a link with many other explanations: http://www.faerymysterium.com/the-secre ... birds.html

Hope you enjoy this information as well as contemplate it’s truth, use your heart as your guidance as to what is relevant for your journey.

Aware that some say bird language is talking to the birds, think there is a lot more to this than talking to the birds, even though that is special too.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing,
Love is knowing I am everything,
and between the two my life moves.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Ancient and Mystical Bird Language

Post by corvidus »

I very much liked this post, abyss.

Thanks.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

corvidus wrote:I very much liked this post, abyss.

Thanks.

Thank you corvidus, gives joy knowing you liked it. [wink]
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Abyss wrote:
corvidus wrote:I very much liked this post, abyss.

Thanks.

Thank you corvidus, gives joy knowing you liked it. [wink]
I know exactly what you mean :)

A while back while doing a commencement for a Ritual, it was Netzach in Yetzirah
I think, Ritual of Elohim. I felt a strong presence, and went to get GF to see what she
felt, but before I could, house and yard became a perch for maybe 100 or so seagulls.
Neighbors were standing in the streets looking at all the birds on my house. They were
squawking and carrying on, couldn't tell you what they were saying though. But I felt that
my current Ritual was the catalyst.

I did a search for some info, to maybe find some meaning behind all these birds showing up!
It happened again after, a couple times, to a lesser degree.
Most of the stuff I read talked about birds as being divine messengers of a sort, but not language.

Anyways, your post reminded me of that

Much love Sister!
Peace!
:)

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Daud
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daud »

Great stuff, Abyss. Fascinating, i'll need to check this out some more.
"Things derive their being from mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves." -Nagarjuna

"Comprehending beyond good and evil opens the way to perfect skill" Jetsun Milarepa

"Always recognise the dreamlike qualities of life to reduce attachment and aversion." - Jetsun Milarepa

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Daud wrote:Great stuff, Abyss. Fascinating, i'll need to check this out some more.
Please do, if you find anything please post it. Information is very limited on this subject, another secret. It is also believed the Jesus spoke the Language of the Gods (Bird Language), and this language was the first language here on earth and is the base in all language.
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Abyss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Abyss »

Spida wrote:
Abyss wrote: I know exactly what you mean :)

I did a search for some info, to maybe find some meaning behind all these birds showing up!
It happened again after, a couple times, to a lesser degree.
Most of the stuff I read talked about birds as being divine messengers of a sort, but not language.

Anyways, your post reminded me of that

Much love Sister!
Peace!
:)
Thanks brother Spida. Yes, all birds and animals understand the secrets of our nature, when you did your rituals and they birds came, could it be the sounds of the words (language) the you where using? They will give you signs.
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

The first time they showed, it happened just as I was getting ready for Ritual.
I had ingested the Elixir, and was beginning to feel the effects. Then I felt a really
strong presence. The presence I felt was so strong that I went to get GF to see if
she could feel it as well. The first thing that came to mind was Angelic presence,
as this has been an integral part of Ceremony, maybe intuition as well, as I
immediately felt this was the cause.

Anyways, I concluded that whatever it was that I felt. The birds felt it too,
which is why they came. What that was exactly, I can't say for sure.

I also thought that maybe the Energy that was manifesting within me was having
some sort of magnetic affect, which could possibly account for some of the other
phenomena that I have experienced.

Farewell my Lady, ;)
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Abyss wrote: Please do, if you find anything please post it. Information is very limited on this subject, another secret. It is also believed the Jesus spoke the Language of the Gods (Bird Language), and this language was the first language here on earth and is the base in all language.
I didn't know you were looking for more info on it :)

Canseliet wrote a Book on Swift, which can be read about here:
http://dartigne.blogspot.com/2010/07/lh ... s.html?m=1

Although I believe the images have been taken down.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “Modern Era Magicks”