Use of Salvia Divinorum etc.

Free to access learning tools, information and resources.

Fulcaneli1945
Forum Member
Forum Member

Use of Salvia Divinorum etc.

Post by Fulcaneli1945 »

Hi! I have some Salvia Divinoum and have tried smoking it through a bong (water filled). Not a huge success as I don't like smoking (!). Any suggestions for its use?

I also have some Mugwort and Dittany of Crete. Thought I might light up some Dittany in an incense burner at about bedtime. Mugwort I thought might make a good ingredient for a Punch.

Does anyone have any experience/recipes/does & dont's ?

Good Luck to All!

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Use of Salvia Divinorum etc.

Post by Rin »

I'm not sure about salvia - I've never ingested it, and I've never heard anyone say anything amazingly positive about it, tbh.

Mugwort is something I've been experimenting with recently. 1 - 2 tea spoons steeped as a tea and drunk before bed seems to bring on a deep sleep and pleasant dreams. They don't seem all that much more lucid than regular dreams, except maybe that I have a better memory of the thought processes that took place during those dreams than normally, and the fact that the dreams tend to be pleasant in nature suggests maybe some degree of improved subconscious control.

I tried smoking it once (more or less the smallest amount you could inhale and expect any effect) and found it brought on a mild relaxation and lightheaded feeling - it may be a coincidence, but the dreams I had when I fell asleep immediately afterwards were intensely spiritual in nature (I had also burned a small amount as incense before going to sleep, which may have helped).

If you're looking for herbs to help with lucid dreaming or spiritual travel, you might want to look into: https://erowid.org/plants/calea_zacatechichi/

I haven't tried it yet, but it was recommended to me by the man who runs the herb shop as being superior to mugwort, and a lot of people online seem to have had positive experiences with it.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Never tried Salvia, but I don't think it's for me. Too hardcore maybe, I try to
be fairly coherent during Rituals. Maybe I would do a test dose if the situation
presented itself.

I've tried Mugwort. Made tea with it. It was fuckin nasty, especially the last couple ounces.
Did get an ever so tenuous stimulant effect though.

Dittany of Crete is associated with the Sephirah of Malkuth, as a perfume. I use it, can't get
it around here though, had to order it online. I use the DOC oil in my burner BTW.

Peace brother
:)

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Salvia Divinorum is just like weed.

The only difference is that it doesn't last as long as weed and feels more intense.

It's almost like spice that smoke shops be selling.

Just stick to weed. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Kami - I have to respectfully disagree on this! :) SD is very different. I would say that at very low doses or near the tailend is it anything like it. Its just a plant, and is not like "spice" because "spices" are synthetics. There is some very good (occult/spiritually related) analysis of using SD in gradual, increased doses, in different ways from chewing to smoking. It has a high potential for use in "shamanic journeying" due to it being all natural, its (wide selection of) potency, only lasting 15-30 minutes (perfect for ritual), and having (reportedly) spiritually and psychologically related effects, etc.

Other Opinions:
The best way to approach this type of "journeying" is to take the perspective that you are asking the "SPIRIT" of the plant/chemical to show you as best it can what its consciousness is like, and at the same time to allow yourself to become that consciousness completely, for however long. You can then benefit from integrating and applying those things to your own universe upon your inevitable return. The reason I mention this is because it relates directly to SD, but also to all plants/chemicals: SD is known for giving the operator a sense that some unknown presences are (almost violently) pulling the operator into/towards something, and that it is something that is somewhat resistible (depending on dose). The best or most rewarding experiences are had when the operator allows the guide to do its job (it'll only take 15 minutes, after all). There's a negative component that compliments this argument: resisting the spirit (or trying to "stay with" the physical surroundings) results in bad experiences or even horrible accidents (SD is NOT a party drug). DMT experimenters often report being literally denied access to the "useful" realms of the trip, straight from the mouths of their hallucinated guides, when they have abused it or ignored the guides in some way. And like I said before, this doesn't only apply to these more potent "spirits", but in this day of "penz & oil" there are endless stories of those who "can't get high" anymore because of their mechanical approach to cannabis. Sure, you can just call it "tolerance", but rarely does this happen to those growers and sadhus who ritually and respectfully approach the physical plant (not some "processed", grab and go form) regardless of the amounts.

So, I am just trying to paint a picture of a good "shamanic" paradigm or perspective to take when working with these things, that you can interpret spiritually but also offer some simple, practical advice about not only abuse and what not, but how you can mentally prepare yourself for the most rewarding experiences possible. Only after you are quite familiar with the spirit and have gone through your "initiations" should you attempt to use these things to aid in other rituals for your own purposes.

As for mugwort, I have had markedly increased recall of dreams due to them being so vibrant and clear. Teas and smoking are the best for me, but you can take a big whiff of a bag of it before bed and put some under your pillow. The SD is best smoked, but you only need one hit and you will rapidly have other things to worry about than your hatred of smoking. Like anything it will take some practice and should be approached gradually. Chewing/tinctures are also options but you should look for some reports. If i find good ones i will send them your way.
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

anodetonoone
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by anodetonoone »

I've been reading about salvia as well.

As far as method of ingestion goes, you could soak the dried leaves (if you have dried leaves, that is, not an extract) in water and dispose of the water and chew the leaves after squeezing the excess water from them.

A link with detailed instructions:

http://entheology.com/research/traditio ... reparation

Blessed be and good luck

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I strongly recommend watching HBO Hamilton's Pharmacopeia. It covers everything.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Kami wrote:Salvia Divinorum is just like weed.

The only difference is that it doesn't last as long as weed and feels more intense.

It's almost like spice that smoke shops be selling.

Just stick to weed. ~
Salvia is not like any weed I have ever smoked. Salvia created the most intense and negative hallucinogenic experience I have ever experienced. Though it only lasted about 10 minutes... it came on like a punch to the gut and left a sting I don't think will ever truly go away. Ten hits of LSD at once was a stroll in the park compared to Salvia.

If anyone cares to read my words on the experience I will post the link below.

Happy experimenting. Perhaps it will have a better effect on you.

http://deadbeatsblog.tumblr.com/post/79 ... ric-stuart
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

@AbraxianChaos

What you said fits with a few videos that I watched, that's why I said it might be too intense for me. Also, ten minutes seems a bit short for my application.

My approach has worked well for me. Do a little research, and when you start do a test dose, and then work your way up modestly/incrementally while avoiding letting the tolerance factor dominate too much.

My only motivation for doing any of this stuff is merely the Spiritual, and Shamanic Journeying Ritualistic aspect. And yeah, the honeymoon phase does seem to be the most intense, but you have periodic recurrences after some time as well. But in all cases, as far as my experience the "passion" aspect is kind of bland when stone cold sober. But workable I suppose.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

My 2 cents of advice on salvia: If nothing is happening, your batch is not potent enough OR you are not smoking enough.

Salvia's nothing like weed. It's a strong hallucinogen and has a very short duration. If nothing is happening, smoke more. I wouldn't say this is a good one to tip your toes in and test the water, you'd just be wasting your materials. You have to dive in with salvia.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Return to “Learning Tools and Resources”