Inner fractures in Crystals

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Inner fractures in Crystals

Post by Caerdon »

Sooo... I usually like carrying a piece of Quartz Crystal around with me, just in my pocket, and over timeof a few months I've noticed that it has gained quite it's fair share of inner fractures. Nothing on the outmost surface, but all internal. It was basically perfectly clear when I first got it, but now it's just run through with them.
I should note, I don't keep anything hard in the same pocket with it, such as keys or change or my phone or anything like that, it basically has its own pocket.

i was just wondering if others have had similar experiences with this happening to them, as well as if they know why it might be happening (I have put some thought into it, and have some theories, but I'd rather get people's opinions and thoughts and replies first in order to not jump the gun or add in my own conclusions to the mix first :P )
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Inner fractures in Crystals

Post by Caerdon »

Figured some images would be appreciated... after some fidgeting to make them a proper size that is (WHY must the phones make them giant images???)

The fractures came out better than I thought they would on camera, but no where near capturing the amount there is when seeing it in person!
To think... it was nearly perfectly clear at one point in time [oh]
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey,

I've been keeping a smaller quartz on my nightstand for like 2 years and indeed it has gotten even dirtier and scratchier on the inside than the one you show. I don't keep anything on my nightstand that might scratch it either. My understanding is that such stones cleanse bad vibes by sucking them into themselves.

I have experienced the same with some black tourmaline I used to carry around.

Regards

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Diamonds are forever.
Crystals on the other hand are sensitive to temperature changes and can crack/chip over time.
What you are seeing inside the crystals are stress fractures. They will eventually get bigger and the stone will fall apart.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Maybe all the bad energies they absorb cause a higher rate of entropy? I'm not a doctor so that might be completely false but it makes the most sense. That and the temperature thing desecrated said.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Desecrated wrote:Diamonds are forever.
Crystals on the other hand are sensitive to temperature changes and can crack/chip over time.
What you are seeing inside the crystals are stress fractures. They will eventually get bigger and the stone will fall apart.
The temperature change is the first thing I thought of too, it looks like there is some cloudiness present as well.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Dr Strange Stuff wrote:Maybe all the bad energies they absorb cause a higher rate of entropy? I'm not a doctor so that might be completely false but it makes the most sense. That and the temperature thing desecrated said.
There is a new age believes that they react to negative vibration. But a more scientific explanation is that they react to all vibration more or less, and that can over time wear them out.
But yeah, temperature, barometric pressure, vibrations, physical ear and tear. A crystal is basically just a piece of glass, eventually it will break.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Spida wrote:
Desecrated wrote:Diamonds are forever.
The temperature change is the first thing I thought of too, it looks like there is some cloudiness present as well.
Cloudiness usually means that there are moisture in it. Try laying it in baking soda over the night.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

There isn't really cloudiness in it, it just isn't the clearest of pictures. It just gets some cloudy looking parts due to the sheer amount of cracks layered upon itself.

Yeah my first thoughts was stress fractures as well, but it seems to happen to any crystal I carry for an extended amount of time. This isn't the first one to have it happen to for me, and it always seems to follow the same patterns, starting just below center, making a sort of tree pattern, then just going how you see it in the pictures.

It doesn't seem to happen to the other crystals I have in my room that I don't carry with me, just when I have it with me.
Just seems to me odd that it seems to be exacerbating the accumulation of fractures by me having it on me at such a quicker rate.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Caerdon wrote: It doesn't seem to happen to the other crystals I have in my room that I don't carry with me, just when I have it with me.
Just seems to me odd that it seems to be exacerbating the accumulation of fractures by me having it on me at such a quicker rate.
When it is in your room, it is in a stable environment. When you carry it around it is in a dynamic environment. You are introducing it to more variables, and therefore it will break quicker.

Return to “Minerals, Crystals and Stones”