Raising Energy with Rhythmic Breath

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Raising Energy with Rhythmic Breath

Post by chowderpope »

The best way I've found to raise and accumulate energy in the body is through rhythmic breath. This breathing technique was emphasized by Regardie to be a very important but often overlooked fundamental.

You can go to Google and type in metronome, then search. Google provides a simple metronome. Inhale on four beats, then exhale on four beats. You can adjust the metronome speed. It may be easier to start at a faster pace, then gradually slow it down as your lungs become more elastic.

This is an interesting practice because you can feel the result fairly quickly, within about 10 minutes in my experience. One distinctive effect I notice is a vibration in my hands and face.

For now I'm going to preface every magical act I perform with at least 10 minutes of rhythmic breathing to prepare myself energetically.

I did this in a movie theater recently for half of a movie and was BUZZING when I left the place.

I hope some will find this helpful.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Raising Energy with Rhythmic Breath

Post by Napoli »

Yes, this helps to raise one's chi energy and makes me dizzy [bummed] . Hence, I can only continue it for up to 15 minutes at best.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

It should be noted that the amount of time (4:4) isn't as important as the breathing itself.

As someone who has done intensive pranayamas and things like The Complete Breath, for example, the common four-fold breath is suffocating to me. I'm far more comfortable breathing in an 8:8 to 12:12 rhythm, or even deeper once I go into Trance.

So don't worry about the count. Just breathe. [wink2]
Napoli wrote:Yes, this helps to raise one's chi energy and makes me dizzy [bummed] . Hence, I can only continue it for up to 15 minutes at best.
You may perhaps look into improving Energy Flow, or storage techniques like Dantian Breathing. As your energy circulation improves and you detox blockages, you'll naturally be able to handle greater quantities of energy without suffering the side effects of overload.

~:Shin:~

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I agree with all of that. The time signature is less important, I would say, than filling your lungs completely. The bottom part of the lung is the most absorbent part. Also, I had better recommend using your diaphragm to breathe, filling your lungs from bottom to top. It was hard for me to use that muscle at first, but I think it's become more natural now after some practice.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

OTHERWISE
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OTHERWISE »

Using the diaphragm to breath is not usually recommended for breathing exercises as the diaphragm has more in common with a drum-skin than an actual muscle, and using it directly to breath can strain it causing abdominal discomfort and other undesirable outcomes.

Deep, slow and gentle pelvic breathing will give you the healthiest and most productive results - imagining in a sense that your lungs are in your pelvis rather than in your chest.

To enhance this process - you can as you inhale pull energy down from the center of your chest to the center of your pelvis, and as you exhale push energy down from the center of the chest to the center of the pelvis again. Having one's ankles, shins or knees crossed during this practice helps to regulate internal energetic pressures and releases.

JMPtD
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JMPtD »

During times of groups choosing energetic vibration, they could type “in rhythm, and in consciousness” or just “in rhythm” at the end of a sentence. During resting times one could say “in consciousness” at the end of a sentence.

WildWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WildWolf »

The applications of Breath Work are immense. As a tool for building energy, excellent.

Return to “Healing and Holistic Medicines”